Welcome to PatsFans.com

Would Belichick ever trade Tom Brady?

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by ghost_of_steve_grogan, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost_of_steve_grogan

ghost_of_steve_grogan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

note: I posted this on the new members board then realized I posted it in the wrong board. Anway...

Picture this scenario: Brady is in his late 30s and STATISTICALLY he is in the middle of the pack in terms of NFL quarterbacks. But his resume is godly (lets say 5 superbowls, 2 or 3 mvps, etc etc).

Do you think Belichick would trade him if the offer were good? Or would Belichick consider things like loyalty, legacy as a Patriot, and what he means to the organization?

Based on his track record Belichick doesn’t have a heart of soul. He is a businessman who looks at players as statically assets that have a value. And sometimes teams will inflate the value of players on other teams or may look at a player’s perceived value and be willing to trade a player with good statistical value for said player with inflated value (or perceived value).

Anyway, enough with the macroeconomics.

So, in a world where Tom Brady is a little older, a little slower and statically a little less valuable than he currently is, I have no doubt that Belichick would trade Tom Brady if he could find a team who would be stupid enough to trade for a resume.

And considering Belichick got a FIRST ROUND draft pick for Richard Seymour, it will happen.
  2. Bill B.

Bill B. Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't think there is any way that BB would trade Tom Brady. When Brady's effectiveness starts to diminish, he will probably retire. And I disagree that BB has no heart and soul. Just watching him choke up a little when taliking about Bruschi should put that falsehood to rest. Yes, it is a business and that goes both ways. Seymour has held out in the past and forced a new contract. He was going to be gone after this year anyway, so trading him now makes sense.
  3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Sorry I see Brady going out in an Elway-esque manner, winning a Super Bowl and never looking back. It added to the Ted Williams mystique hitting a home run in his final at bat..................
  4. PatriotWarrior

PatriotWarrior Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

are you still bitter that belichick traded bledsoe?
  5. Bill B.

Bill B. Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That is definitely a possibility, but I don't think he will retire if he wins a fourth ring. I could see him doing it after a fifth ring. I think Brady wants to surpass his hero, Joe Montana.
  6. ghost_of_steve_grogan

ghost_of_steve_grogan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What makes you think Brady will get the chance to retire a Patriot?

I think you are giving Belichick too much credit. He would trade his left lung if he were offered a decent draft pick (and it was going to save Mr. Kraft money).

He has made that blatantly clear.
  7. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

NO-CHANCE-IN-HELL

Unless Brady pulls a Farve.
  8. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -5

You're assuming, of course, that Kraft would go along with it. Somehow, I think Kraft is smart enough to realize that may not be in the Patriots' best financial interests.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.