PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would BB do TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naclone

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
i think we all know that the guy behind the podium is intentionally obtuse, evasive and dull. But i think once he's retired and doesn't have the best interest of a football team to worry about, Belichick could quickly and easily become the most knowledgeable and engaging NFL personality on TV. We've seen hints here and there that he can be great when not guarded. Obviously I hope he coaches the Patriots for another 20 years, but in a way, I kind of look forward to seeing what he could do on a set with some of these clowns.

so the question is, whenever BB retires, would he be interested in doing TV and if so, what would be the best fit for him?

Clearly he'd be great in an NFL Matchup type show where he can breakdown tape but I also think he could be great in the booth.

it would be a shame if he had to be part of one of those 12-man studio shows where he basically has to play a part like Ditka or Parcels, but i think he'd be more fun to watch then them.

But I think it would be fascinating to really see the real Belechick that the players get to see all the time and that we only catch glimpses of.

Hopefully we won't find out for a decade or so.

OTOH, he would be great in the coors light commericals.

Last edited:
i may be wrong, but i think he has done TV at some point. i think it was the mid 90s for a year or for a playoff stretch. im sure somebody would know that.

I think he'd be awesome at it, but there are two things working pretty strongly against him.

1) He's hated nationwide: jealous, bitter fans.
2) It would mean he wasn't coaching anymore. I don't see Belichick deciding that he's had enough of football- seems like he'll be, at the very least, a special assistant somewhere for about as long as he has the ability to do so.

He did do a little bit with ESPN during the steelers/seahawks SB. Broke down tape of 3-4 great defenses.
I was hoping he did some this yr on NFLN or NBC to get to see his analysis .

I doubt BB would do a gut rot show per ESPN or the networks.

I could see him doing an "X and O's" style show for NFL Network. Can you imagine 4-5 hours of BB breaking down film?

However, BB seems to be a "Retire to what?" guy.

I think he'd be awesome at it, but there are two things working pretty strongly against him.

1) He's hated nationwide: jealous, bitter fans.

I meant to touch on this in my original post.

And again, hopefully we're several years or more from this being an issue, and a lot could change between now and then, but how does BB's current relationship with both the media and other fan bases play into it?

I have to think the media companies are savvy enough to know that BB would be great despite his faux demeanor. But do you think the media would welcome him into the fold or hold a grudge?

as for the fans, i think most fans hate just about everybody on all these shows so i don't think that will be an issue.

Hopwfully it will be many,many years before we see him doing beer commercials..............

Only because you can't be an active coach or player and do an alcohol commercial...............

The truly all time greats like Walsh and I am guessing Belichick will probably stay away.

If he did it he could become one of the best ever TV guys though, I'm sure of it. Belichick has a great dry sense of humor.

I think he'd sound like Ben Stein on Qualudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back