PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would anybody be interested in a Revis for Samuel deal??? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Would anybody be interested in a Revis for Samual deal???

Didn't we in effect trade Branch for an unproven rookie safety who has no NFL credentials nor played an NFL down?

All first round picks are unproven rookies, and none have any NFL credentials or played a single NFL down, yet first round picks are highly desired. Teams like the Redskins who habitually trade away those draft picks for veterans are mocked and ridiculed, and further more, it hasn't turned out very well for them.

Franchising a player and trading him for a first round pick is a terrific idea. We've done it before, at least twice. Other teams have done the same thing. Peerless Price comes immediately to mind. In that trade, no one accused Buffalo of being crazy, ludicrous and dumb. Why all of a sudden is it crazy ludicrous and dumb for us to do it?

I'm not trying to change your mind if you think trading a franchised player for a first round (what? 14th overall?) pick in the draft is crazy, ludicrous and dumb. Just asking what makes it so, you know, crazy, ludicrous and dumb.

That's all I'm asking.

The difference is that in all of those cases, the player wasn't traded during training camp straight up for another player. They were traded long in advance and teams had time to decide exactly who they wanted.

We don't know if:

1. The Patriots like Revis for their defense
2. If he would be holding out here just the same
3. If the Jets love Samuel enough to pay him what he wants

The Jets gave up half of their draft to move up and take Revis. It wasn't so they could trade him 4 months later to pay more money to someone else, even if he is established.

This isn't the same thing as us trading Samuel for a draft pick. It's totally different circumstances and it involves a division rival. That's why people are ripping on this idea.

Why don't we base trades involving Samuel at least if heard by a legitimate media source?

Not by some guy who is out of the real world and decides to type an idea at home on his PC keyboard which is NOT possible nor has it been even remotely mentioned in the same sentence by ANY reliable source connected to the NFL :rolleyes:

Bottom line is this idea is based on NOTHING,Just a waste to fill in a new post for some wild reading material.

As soon as you read the first post--hell, as soon as you read the TITLE of the thread-- you should have known what this thread is about. Whenever you have a situation where a player is doubtful to stay on your team, people will always start speculating about his value and what could be had for the guy. If that type of discussion is not up your alley, why do you even bother clicking on the thread? To each his own, buddy.

Answer............NO.

We dont do anything to help out the worst franchise in the NFL.:mad:
the trade was to the jets, not oakland

As soon as you read the first post--hell, as soon as you read the TITLE of the thread-- you should have known what this thread is about. Whenever you have a situation where a player is doubtful to stay on your team, people will always start speculating about his value and what could be had for the guy. If that type of discussion is not up your alley, why do you even bother clicking on the thread? To each his own, buddy.
No its not up my alley but I am allowed to voice my opinion so I did

Like I said if trades are legitimate possibilities heard over some football wire source I am all for discussion,If we are picking a trade up out of the blue with no other source than our own minds then its a worthless discussion going to pot. IMO

Like you said,To each is own...have fun talking about something thats nothing...Sounds like a seinfeld show

Re: lol @ jets n revis...

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10278976

the longer hes out the more it hurts him and the jets...

(scroll down on the page)
Hi, I'm yesterday. You never call anymore. I have so much old news to tell you.

I think the Jets are dead wrong in their approach to Revis. Continued Patriotization of Hofstra. From the slot where he was drafted, there's a difference between the number of years the can demand, and the number they should demand. If either of the pick before or after had signed six year contracts, I might think otherwise.

I'm bored.. leaving realism out of the equation I think the Jets would be crazy to make this trade. I know Samuel is a more proven player and will have a positive impact but his cost will be at least twice as much as Revis (who they traded a 1st, 2nd and 5th to obtain).

Samuel salary (guess) - 5 years - 38 M - about $7-8 per year
Revis Salary - say 5 years at $3~
- Carriker picked in front of him (19.1 for 6)
- Timmons picked after him (5 years , $15 max)

Is Samuel twice the player that Revis is? maybe in year 1 but Revis must have some skill to be the highest drafted CB.

The Patriots would make this trade in 1 second, and that includes the time it would take them to send Bob Kraft's jet to Florida to pick up Samuel and drop him off at the Meadowlands.

Why would the Jets make this trade?

Last edited:
The Patriots would make this trade in 1 second, and that includes the time it would take them to send Bob Kraft's jet to Florida to pick up Samuel and drop him off at the Meadowlands.

Why would the Patriots?? maybe they do not like him..maybe they don't wish to have another young guy who is just going to hold out??

Why would the Patriots?? maybe they do not like him..maybe they don't wish to have another young guy who is just going to hold out??
There isn't a doubt in my mind that Revis was fairly high on the Pioli-Belichick draft board. A sub-4.5 guy with good ball skills? Not to mention that the "high character guy" thing has been watered down a bit in recent years.

The Patriots would make this even-up trade in a flash. Great athlete. . . strong potential. . . .manageable price. . . locked for five years.

The Jest, along with the 49ers, are one of the cool picks for big improvement this year. However they beat only one team last year that was over .500 - the slopfest game they won against the Patriots. They (and us) have a tougher schedule this year. But the Patriots' record last year was about right and we have made vast improvements on paper; The Jest's record, IMO, was artificially high and they've made limited improvements (mainly Jones the RB).l

What's my point ? The Jest, IMO, are primed to be a team that disappoints compared to media and fan expectation. Like the 49ers I think they'll struggle to have the record they had last year as both teams' records were artificially high. Add a rookie CB who shows up halfway through camp - what are the chances of him helping the team this year ? Low. It happens but the odds are against it. Add Samuel who's a good player and knows the defense ? He could step right in and be a significant contributer and would go a long way to making The Jest not be a big disappointment this year.

These kinds of trades rarely happen, I would be stunned if this did. But I do think The Jest has a good reason to do it - to help prevent being one of the big disappointments in the league this year.

This is just not going to happen guys.

Dream on.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes