PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would an 18-0 Patriots team smash most watched TV show records in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If the Patriots go to the Super Bowl at 18-0 do you think the SB game would smash viewer rankings as the most watched TV show ever?

I believe M*A*S*H finale in 1983 was top dog in a TV show being watched by more than 105 Million viewers.

I think with a chance to make incredible history and to go 19-0 would top that,I can see over 100 million viewing this SB 42,Even if many of these viewers never watched or don't like football,I think they tune in.

Of course everything is moot until/If NE takes care of business the next 2 games

M*A*S*H...really?

M*A*S*H...really?

Yes MASH was the most watched TV show ever although there is a debate of whether Rogers and Hammerstein's version of Cinderella which garnered 107 Million viewers was a bit more watched but no one talks about that because that show was back in the late 50s

19-0 will certainly contribute to smashed TV's in Indy & Jacksonville.:p

19-0 will certainly contribute to smashed TV's in Indy & Jacksonville.:p

Not to mention Dallas or Green Bay or maybe Seattle which will be the final victim of this crime ;)

The super bowl ratings have been fairly consistent -- with some spikes and valleys, it's pretty much 90 million viewers and 41 percent of households for several years. (The super bowl gets far more viewers per household than any other programming, due to parties and stuff.)

I think it's hitting a saturation point. Having two big city teams, or some other point of interest like 18-0, I don't think is going to make a huge difference. The game already draws pretty much all the casual fans. There just aren't many people left who would even appreciate the significance of 18-0 who aren't already planning to watch.

If the 17-0 patriots play the colts in the AFCCG, though, it could be the most highly rated non-superbowl game in NFL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots