PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would a loss to Buffalo be shocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember what happened the last time the Bill's got off to a hot start and were the AFCE flavor of the first two months...before crashing back down to earth.

I also realize they have faced a totally dysfunctional team in KC and beaten them to a pulp in that teams own house, but that won't be much of a feat this season. And they had their hands full and had to battle back against an inconsistent Raiders team led by a retread jag QB in their own home opener...

I don't think you understand how the 'law of averages' work, for a start.

FYI, each toss of the coin (game) is statistically independent of the previous.

The mistake you have made, like alot of newer Patriots fans, is that you expect almost uninterupted success, and anything that threatens that makes you anxious and nervous.

Buffalo I think will be proven to be a 8-8 caliber team, they are confident at this time and are playing at home - I think the Patriots will have too much offensive firepower for the Bills underwhelming D but I wouldn't be 'shocked' if they lost.

Any given sunday.

Actually, the "law of averages" does not apply in this context at all because this is not a coin toss -the likelihood of winning vs. losing is not 50/50. On top of that there is no basis to assign a theoretical probability of each outcome. In this case, we must go by experimental probability and on that basis, the probability of success for us is indeed VERY high.

I would not be shocked but I would be disappointed and concerned. If we could beat the Chargers, we should be able to squeeze one out of the Bills - even with the injuries.

Would not be shocking at all!

Would possible take the media off the 'Brady and Co. are unstoppable' bandwagon! But I think the way TFB is playing at the moment, I don't see it!

Bills haven't played against a 'decent' team, KC and Raiders were average teams at the time, KC have gone on to suck and the Raiders were ahead for most of that game! They are also run first, pass at some point offence! Neither team are the passing attack of the Patriots!

[/homer]

Last edited:
Buffalo has played the patriots tight over the past 2 years. In 3 of the last 4 games they've played the patriots to within a touchdown. This is the best we've seen the bills play in a while. A loss wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
In the Brady/Belichick era, this team has faced far better teams than Buffalo 2011 and beaten with far more injuries to more important players than they have going into this game (did someone ACTUALLY list Taylor Price as being a "big" injury totday?).
If the Pats lost today I would be f#cking pissed. They SHOULD not lose games like this, I don't care how "hot" Buffalo is. This is a division game (and a conference game) and you need to win your division FIRST. I'm sure the coach has been harping on the importance of today's game in terms of the division. For that reason this team should NOT lose today.
They have Tom Brady and an offensive philosophy/scheme that was still able to put up 26 ppg with Matt f#cking Cassel at qb. If they can't put up 28 today against Buffalo, then that's the fault of the player's for going into today's game like they did the Cleveland game and the NYJ playoff game - they thought they'd win just by showing up.
This Buffalo team has no defense (spare me the KC game) - Hernandez or no Hernandez, the Pats should score almost every time they have the ball....
Sidenote - it seems in today's NFL offense fail more often due to themselves making mistakes, and not the defense making plays....mistake free Patriot offensive football should mean at least 28 points today

Last edited:
Even though the Bills have lost 13 straight to the Pats, many of the games have been close nail biters. Although I don't think the Bills are as good as they appear to be now, they are probably the best Bills team the Pats have faced in years. Tyically the first game of the season between these two teams are the ones where it comes down to the wire.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats lose. Even in Super Bowl years, the Pats have lost to bad teams especially in the division (see 2004 vs. a 5-11 Dolphins). The Pats are banged up which does level the playing field quite a bit, but the Bills have some injuries too.

I expect this this to a close game that comes down to the wire. I still think the Pats will win. But I wouldn't bet my house on it.

I do not think it would be shocking but I think it would create great excitement at Buffalo - if the Bills would be 3-0, for them it would be surely not a small thing...

anyway: Go Pats ! a gret game that i want so see !

Last edited:
a loss on any given Sunday is quite possible but they better don't lose to a division rival.

Injury or no injury , no excuses just play hard and make no/fewer mistakes than the other team and oh score more than the other team , voila, we have a recipe to win...

and for those of you wondering, yep, I did stay in holiday-inn express last night ;)

Last edited:
Not shocking, just disappointing since it is a divisional game.

I'm sure the jets fans are holding their breath for this one.

Does anyone know a website that will be streaming the Pats Buff game today for free?

Considering the Pats are going undefeated, a loss to Buffalo would be theoretically impossible.

Once again, the Bills grab a couple wins agains JV teams and people suddenly think they are good..well they aint. Yea, the pats have injuries, but so what? Back ups get paid too, and often times they are even better than the startes and just need their time to prove it.

Pats win this one, but at least two scores.

Fitzpatrick's stats versus NE the last two years while with Buf.

Week 14 2009 L17-10 17/25 178 yds 1 TD 1 INT 85.1 rating
week 3 2010 L 38-30 20/28 247 yds 2 TD 2 Int 92.4 rating
week 15 2010 L 34-3 18/36 251 yds 0 TD 3 int 37.1 rating

He had 15 ints all last year and 5 were versus the Patriots
------------------------------------------------------------

The more I feel in my gut they could lose this game the more convinced I am that they will win.

There seems to be a growing feeling that an upset wouldn't be surprising, that is usually when they step up.

I almost called this game a loss in my season prediction, just from the standpoint that the streak has to end sometime, and I expect it to end in Orchard Park rather than Foxboro. I think it'll be a close, high-scoring game.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats lost, but I'd sure be disappointed.

As a Bills fan, I would be shocked. But I'm still hopeful.

Absolutely not.

The Bills offense is capable of dropping 30-40 points on any defense, let alone an extremely vulnerable one like the Pats D. I expect this game to come down to the last possession.

I wouldn't be shocked if they scored 30-35 points on us the way our defense is playing. I would be shocked if our offense didn't outperform their's. We did drop a ton on San Diego last week who was suppose to have one of the better defenses in the league.

Fitzpatrick has to play a mistake free game in order for them to win. Our defense which basically can't stop a cold from the opponents 1 to our 20 yard line will need to step up big once again in critical moments like they have the last 2 games. I wish I understood why our red zone defense is so stout and why they play so well when they've given up all those yards to put themselves in that position.

Anyway, Buffalo has a 7 game home win streak going and they appear to be on track this year. I think they get derailed this week but not without feeling good about themselves. If they play well it will be a moral victory for that organization and fans knowing that they are getting closer to putting a legitmate team on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back