PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would a loss to Buffalo be shocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB=TD

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The law of averages suggest it's very possible. A young hungry team at home as an underdog. That crowd will shreek deathly hollows at Tom Brady and his beaten up Oline. There are injuries in every phase.

Special Teams: Mesko
Defense: Albert, Chung, Wright
Offense: Price, Hernandez, Volmer, Koppen

This isn't looking good.

Last edited:
Every team has serious injuries. A loss wouldn't be shocking, the defense sucks.

Every team has serious injuries. A loss wouldn't be shocking, the defense sucks.

The Colts and KC rank ahead of us. That is it.

imo you guys losing to buffalo, would only be shocking if it's a low scoring affair

a high scoring shootout loss on the road, to what looks like a high powered offense who can run and pass, i don't think that's too shocking

i've seen way worse bills teams give you guys a decent little run for your money in buffalo in the past decade, so i'd say since this bills team looks like the best bills team recently, it's not too shocking if they eek one out

The Colts and KC rank ahead of us. That is it.

And you're going by what, # of players? Look at any team around the league. All of them have good players on IR or key guys with injuries. If you think the Pats are one of the lone teams to get hit by the injury bug you're an idiot.

Couldn't agree more, with both your injury statement and the thoughts on the defense. That side of the ball needs to step it up. That said, there have been some flashes of good things too in the first 2 games, so hopefully they will continue to gel as the yr goes on.

It most definitely would not be shocking. The Bills are going to put up at least 20 some points so if we win its going to have to be in shoot out fashion.

to say our defense is average would be a compliment... with that said the law of avg have to end some time... so a loss would not surprise me...

No. out D sucks and with a 1 TE set buffalo's D will be more prepard.

I don't think you understand how the 'law of averages' work, for a start.

FYI, each toss of the coin (game) is statistically independent of the previous.

The mistake you have made, like alot of newer Patriots fans, is that you expect almost uninterupted success, and anything that threatens that makes you anxious and nervous.

Buffalo I think will be proven to be a 8-8 caliber team, they are confident at this time and are playing at home - I think the Patriots will have too much offensive firepower for the Bills underwhelming D but I wouldn't be 'shocked' if they lost.

Any given sunday.

the defense i know was going to be a work in progress, it has not improved since last year but this year it was going to be behind because of the lockout... so i still think by nov we will be able to see how this d is really..

I'm saying it now, Hernandez's absence will be huge.

I think Ocho will step up if his number's called.
I think he'll try, but he doesn't create the same type of match-up problems that Hernandez does. I'm guessing we see a less potent offense from the Pats today unfortunately.

Why would a loss be shocking? This is the NFL. If we don't play very well, we're going to lose.

In simple terms, yes it would be shocking. The only reason the bills might win is because of our injury hit team.

In simple terms, yes it would be shocking. The only reason the bills might win is because of our injury hit team.

The Bills have a very good offense and improving defense. And are at home.

This would not be a shock at home. People are already taking notice of them.

While our injuries are a concern, the Bills are missing a starting WR, T and LB. In addition, Steve Johnson is banged up.

Last edited:
The Patriots are a considerably better team than Buffalo. It wouldn't be a shock more a major disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back