PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would a Jets win to advance NE into the playoffs lighten your hatred of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Many of us hate the Jets more than any other team (I myself hate the Dolphins more)

But if the Jets win their game after/if the Patriots beat the Bills, would your hatred of them lighten a little to maybe upgrading to just a disliking of them? or would you still hate them with a passion,even if they help us get closer to a SB?

Everyone is going to say 'no'.

They aren't doing it to help us, there is nothing altruistic in them beating the Dolphins.

The departure of Eric Managini would lessen it for me back to pre-2006, and tied with fish and jills.

Many of us hate the Jets more than any other team (I myself hate the Dolphins more)

But if the Jets win their game after/if the Patriots beat the Bills, would your hatred of them lighten a little to maybe upgrading to just a disliking of them? or would you still hate them with a passion,even if they help us get closer to a SB?
Now that I'm older and more stable (or at least less volatile), I have stopped wishing injury on players. In Jets-Dolphins game scenarios I use to pray for a engine to fall off a jumbo jet and fall on the field during warmups.

I'm beyond that now. I merely pray for a mass alien abduction of both teams, and as many fans as will fit on the spacehip, for the purposed of bizarre alien sexual experimentation.

I am fine with Pennington beating Favre and Ratboy so that they will be a laughing stock franchise.

If the Jets win, I will repect all Jets players (except Favre) as professional athletes, but collectively I will despise them with a loathing that amounts to absolute detestation.

Last edited:
For a couple minutes, yes.

Nope. I'll always despise the Jets more than any other team in the league.

No.
i hated them before mangina went there, before parcells went there... ever since I became a pats fan back in the early 80's.

When Mangini is gone, I will hate the Jets as much as I hate the Phins and the Colts. Until then, I will hate them more.

No, I dislike that entire organisation with a passion. If they have any respect for themselves they'll beat the Dolphins.

Now that I'm older and more stable (or at least less volatile), I have stopped wishing injury on players. In Jets-Dolphins game scenarios I use to pray for a engine to fall off a jumbo jet and fall on the field during warmups.

I'm beyond that now. I merely pray for a mass alien abduction of both teams, and as many fans as will fit on the spacehip, for the purposed of bizarre alien sexual experimentation.

I am fine with Pennington beating Favre and Ratboy so that they will be a laughing stock franchise.

If the Jets win, I will repect all Jets players (except Favre) as professional athletes, but collectively I will despise them with a loathing that amounts to absolute detestation.

Well said, Space. If the Green Beans beat Miami, it has nothing to do with they're wanting to help out the Patriots. They will forever be a loathsome, second-rate scumbag franchise.

Nope! Since the departure of Curtis Martin and all of the back and fourth drama, I have HATED the Rats...I mean Jets. I hope they fail miserably from now until the end of time! I thake that back. I hope they fail miserably from sunday night after 10PM until the end of time.

3 hours and out for me.

if the jets win, i will not hate them any more or any less.

if the jets lose, i will only hate them more

lol

they wouldnt be winnign for us....so no

but my hatred would lessen a bit after favre and mangini are gone from NY

so that i can hate the fins and joey more

Nothing will ever quell my hatred of all things JETS. That New Jersey team is the lowest form of NFL life that has yet been developed, and I wouldn't doubt that it was intentionally started and placed in New York so that a sick and demented Al Davis could have a set of scum-sucking bottom dwellers on each coast.

They had darned well beat Miami this coming weekend, for no other reason than New England orders them to. That self-flagellating pack of sub-par genetic material masquerading as an NFL franchise needs to come up for air and win the bleeping game just to keep even with the scum-sucking @ssmaggots that pawn themselves off as journalists in that cesspool of a city.

Favre? What an classic example of inbred southern masochism, unable or unwilling to understand that it's purpose is over and done with, an NFL version of a zombie, trying to maintain it's poise while decomposing bits fall away in a steady stream.

Mangini? Proof that Rats breed with leeches then infest a human host to continue preying upon the unwary and gullible. One step removed from the zombie, although the zombie, at least, was once an actual human.

Gang Green? What more evidence does anyone require to understand where Tolkein got his concepts for Orks.

Enough? No... but I'll hold off on the really derogatory comments out of respect for the children who might be reading.

Nothing that the Jets will ever do can mitigate my hatred for them, nor atone for the pollution of the athletic gene pool that their mere existence creates.

Merry Christmas! ;)

Nope, if they hadn’t beat us once we wouldn’t be in the predicament we’re in now. Waaa!

Why?!? It's not like the Jets would be winning for the purpose to help the Patriots. They would be winning despite the fact it helps the Patriots. Why would have less hate for them because of that?

Let's face it. If the Jets knew they were playing for nothing including their jobs for next year and were playing another team than Chad Pennington and the Dolphins, they all would probably be more than happy to tank the game to get the Pats out of the playoffs. So how does them winning change any of our view of them?

If anything, I may have a softer spot in my heart for the Dolphins for blowing it in a big game that would have given them an AFC East title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes