PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worthless change to the draft process

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Worthless" you guys are to harsh!

It is definitely useless, stupid and will obviously be ego driven. I hope someone greases the audio techs and they mess up and play some dumb song like something from Mary Poppins or the Wizard of OZ.

It was because I remember well before it even came out reporters were saying NFL will have push up or back the NFL draft because of events being booked.

Easter is April 5th in 2015 so it won't even come into play.

But it may be the excuse when it is in May again next year.

From SI.com:

When planning for the 2014 NFL Draft, the league decided to push it back from it’s normal slot in April to provide teams more time to go through the draft process. Well, not only did teams get more time to go through their normal prospect studies, but also the extra few weeks of draft preparation led to countless trade winds blowing in every direction. On the eve of the draft, each of the draft’s top prospects “reportedly” had received interest from just about all of the teams sitting in the top 10.

Washington Redskins general manager Bruce Allen said that most of the NFL teams did not want the draft to be pushed back, but commissioner Roger Goodell went ahead with his plan anyway.

Now, at a time when most of the media members and draftniks are exhausted with the countless rumors and speculation and wishing the draft would return to April, there is a report that the NFL Draft could be moving once again in 2015.

Unfortunately for them, it may be in the wrong direction.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel cites “NFL people that I really trust” who are telling him the draft could be pushed back another week or two in 2015. In addition to that, there are at least seven cities interested in hosting the event if the NFL decides to leave Radio City Music Hall.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/07/2014-n...shing-draft-back-another-week-or-two-in-2015/

So according to SI, they moved it to give teams more time with the draft process and according to Bob McGinn, they are pushing it back even further into May in 2015.

If the NFL wanted the draft in April of this year, it would have been in April. They want it in May.

"Worthless" you guys are to harsh!

It is definitely useless, stupid and will obviously be ego driven. I hope someone greases the audio techs and they mess up and play some dumb song like something from Mary Poppins or the Wizard of OZ.
That wouldn't be funny at all. "Slob on my Knob" by Juicy J would be very funny.

At least we'll know what music to play during the highlight footage of their future arrests. Always like to put a song with the mugshot.

But it may be the excuse when it is in May again next year.

From SI.com:

http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/07/2014-n...shing-draft-back-another-week-or-two-in-2015/

So according to SI, they moved it to give teams more time with the draft process and according to Bob McGinn, they are pushing it back even further into May in 2015.

If the NFL wanted the draft in April of this year, it would have been in April. They want it in May.

I don't care that it is pushed back, I won't even be watching it anyways with Bruins playing tonight. I personally don't care when it is held. April, May whatever. I am just pointing out that it is not easy just to tell someone to cancel their event they already booked. And why would Radio City Music Hall go along with the NFL and saying there is an event if there wasn't an event. Radio City Music Hall doesn't need the NFL or to lie about an event there during the usual NFL draft dates.

Yes it has only been host since 2006. Use to be at MSG theater, but once MSG management went against NYJ stadium NFL moved out and won't be back while James Dolan is still around.
Its New York, there are many places they could go.

I literally want to punch the old grandpas in this thread complaining about theme music in their weird, dangling scrotums.

Shut up, it's not like they're going to pause for his music, the draft clock will keep ticking and you'll hear it in the background while Kiper or Mayock blather on over it.

$5 says Manziel comes out to wreckingball by miley cyrus.

I literally want to punch the old grandpas in this thread complaining about theme music in their weird, dangling scrotums.

Shut up, it's not like they're going to pause for his music, the draft clock will keep ticking and you'll hear it in the background while Kiper or Mayock blather on over it.

Their choice of music is irrelevant to me. I want the rookies to be beaten down and humbled so they shut up, work hard, and EARN respect in the NFL. I don't want a bunch of primadonnas, swaggering their way onto the stage like they're the chief wookie, to a pump up song that they "earned" by being the biggest dog in a pit full of puppies.

I can't see how this changes anything at all. They have to book and make plans in advance. When an organisation of this size make plans they are pretty set.They can't suddenly move the draft two weeks earlier because the location suddenly became available. When the date is set it is set.
How dare you bring sound logic and reasoning into any conversation where people are dead set on bashing Goodell and the League!!! Begone with you!! Take your foul ideas and intelligent insights elsewhere!

Great...more murder/rape/drug dealing gangsta rap to pollute the viewing audience households...brilliant. I'm not watching anyway, first time in 50 years I am not watching any of this dog and pony bullshyt.
Let's see.... you hate the commissioner, you hate the players, and you think the games are fixed.

So please tell me...... why exactly is it that you are here?

Vince McMahon's "No Chance in Hell" theme...

... would have been appropriate when the Colts drafted John Elway or when the Chargers took Eli Manning!

LOL I guess I'm the only one looking forward to this. Hope someone chooses Ace of Base - I saw the sign or Olivia Newton John - Let's get Physical

Physical threats to the elderly are now classified as hate crimes.
I kid you not!

Man, that would hurt.

You throw down on me FNord and you better have Delta Dental. I love you popcorn gangstas running your mouths like it's free.YOU stick to your opinions and I'll stick to mine. You haven't drawn breath long enough in your life to threaten me.

SB39, you're another bigmouthed punk with yap disease. You keep your head buried up Goodell's chocolata and stay the F away from me.

I'm hoping for a draft pick to choose Enya. We know that we'll have an NFL "first".

That is their excuse even though the event that was scheduled for Radio City Music Hall on Easter was canceled because of lack of interest. The NFL could have forced them to cancel the other event. But word is they are considering to move the draft even later into May next year, possibly the end of May.

Great...more murder/rape/drug dealing gangsta rap to pollute the viewing audience households...brilliant. I'm not watching anyway, first time in 50 years I am not watching any of this dog and pony bullshyt.
Same here. I'll check the picks before going to bed. Watching the Bruins tonight. Goodell can move the damn draft to July 4 via pay per view for all I care.

Last edited:
Goodell can move the damn draft to July 4 via pay per view for all I care.

You'll probably love the fact that everyone can see the picks on Twitter 30 seconds to 2 minutes before they show up on TV! :D Most of the time the TV is in commercial break, so WTF do they expect any serios fan to be doing? :(

PS: Sorry I didn't get to chat with you on Cruise to the Edge, you seemed pretty busy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes