Welcome to PatsFans.com

Worst to first?

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by thechris, Aug 26, 2012.

?

Worst to first?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2012.
  1. Buffalo Bills

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Cleveland Browns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indianapolis Colts

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Kansas City Chiefs

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  5. Washington Redskins

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  6. Minnesota Vikings

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. Tampa Bay Bucs

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. St. Louis Rams

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thechris

thechris Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So every year since realignment in 2002 a team that finished last in the division ended up winning it the next year. Last year it was Tebow & the Broncos.

Who's it going to be this year?

This may sound crazy, but I think the Indianapolis Colts are going to surprise some people. They are in a weak division and Luck looks like the real deal. I feel like they could be AFC South Champs with a 10-6 or even 9-7 record.
  2. PatsGirl2011

PatsGirl2011 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Kansas City or Rams. Buffalo has a chance if EVERYTHING goes right and the Pats off season moves don't pan out.
  3. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -3

If not the Chiefs, it will not happen this year.
  4. fxkane

fxkane Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

This is an easy one--at least for me. I don't think any of these teams will win their division--except for the Colts. If they were not included I would not have voted.
  5. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Chiefs because they have the talent, a HC they will play for, and Peyton isn't throwing like Peyton.

The Colts can't touch the Texans IMO.
  6. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But it takes a team to win, and as a team they just don't stack up with the Texans. I wouldn't expect them to even beat out the Titans for second.
  7. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -1

I think the Chiefs have the best chance. I know it was only three games, but once they got rid of Haley and Romeo Crennel took over they were playing very well, especially on defense; they also had season ending injuries to three of their most important players last year.

If I recall correctly they only finished one game out of first place in 2011, so they have by far the least amount of improvement needed to go from worst to first.
  8. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

No vote. I don't see a team that could do it.
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +158 / 7 / -13

KC if the streak continues, a division that isn't real strong, key players back from injury, team with a good coach the player want to play for.
  10. Elijah

Elijah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +87 / 9 / -3

#11 Jersey

It's gonna be tough with Peyton in the division but KC could definitely pull it off. They were 10-6 with Todd Haley 2 years ago and still managed to win half their games after losing most of their stars to injury. Now they have a real coach and get their players back. The sky is the limit for them.
  11. doesntmatter1

doesntmatter1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

The colts impressed me the most. The bucs may also do it. Lastly, the browns still suck, but if the steelers and ravens keep losing their top players we'll see..
  12. BradyBranch39

BradyBranch39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

KC is by far the most likely.
  13. VrabelJr

VrabelJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +93 / 1 / -0

I see three that could do it:

- Kansas City Chiefs
    Why: Without even getting into the huge talent and coaching advantage they ahve over the rest of the division... Oakland has taken huge steps back after their new GM imploded the team and turned into a "my guys" program. San Diego seems to have had a great draft but between Manusky and Turner that's enough incompetent coaches to choke. Not to mention their offensive line is in shambles. Denver is all hype and their defense is a huge work in progress.

- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    This is a super young and talented team with a much better coach. They went 10-6 just a couple years ago. The Falcons just can't seem to play consistently, regardless of Cam Newton's stats he still doesn't win games and the Saints are going through a major transition of talent/coaches. I imagine the Saints are motivated as ever but I think this Young Buccaneers team can do it.

- Washington Redskins
    I'm not hyping RG3 by saying this. It's just that the NFC East is a crap shoot every year.
  14. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I could see the Rams shock people....Fisher usually makes the most out of what he has.
  15. VrabelJr

VrabelJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +93 / 1 / -0

I think Seattle wins that division this year. The Rams defense should be improved but that offensive line and WR corp... dear lord. Poor Bradford :/
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  16. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought that back before Matt Flynn revealed how weak he is in that offense. Now they have to go with a rookie perhaps, and I can no longer see that offense generating enough points to beat SF.

But SF has introduced long ball to their successful ball control game and that could actually work against them by screwing up the air-gas mixture.
  17. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can I sell you a Chiefs at half price?
  18. BananaRepublican

BananaRepublican Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If any HC knows how to defense Manning it's the big guy in KC.

The Chiefs have some weapons though. They will score some points. I don't really see a lot of points being scored in that division. I am down on SD. Oakland has QB issues and McFadden health issues. Manning has arm strength issues.
  19. Frezo

Frezo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Nice stadium, good fans, I see the Broncos taking the division with week 16 and 17 victories.
  20. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

If I had to choose one it'd be the Chiefs, just because their division sucks and they did win it 2 years ago. Don't look for them to do much in the playoffs though should they make it again.

Next choice would be Tampa Bay, if NO struggles from the bountygate aftermath. No other team in that division is a sure thing.

The rest of the divisions there's at least 1 team that no team on this list, including Chiefs/Tampa could finish ahead IMO. So basically this just boils down to which divisions suck the most (again, thats only if NO falls off).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.