PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst Super Bowl MVP choice ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton Manning in Super Bowl 41 was the worse super bowl mvp ever.

there really was no one MVP in this game

The entire Seahawk team were MVP's

The MVP should have gone to defensive player, you can debate which one. It should NOT have gone to an offensive player. That game was dictated and won by the Seattle D. Impressive outing by them, so quick to the ball, with very few YAC given up, and multiple defenders on every tackle.

I thought it should have been Brandon Mebane, and I'm not sure he recorded any counting stats. He was constantly disruptive all night in both the running and passing game. Avril had a great game as well. But Smith wasn't a horrible choice by any measure.

Wilson (who is great - Doug Flutie reincarnated) played a great game within the context of what he had to do to play a great game, but that context was shaped by the Seattle defense.

The MVP should have gone to defensive player, you can debate which one. It should NOT have gone to an offensive player. That game was dictated and won by the Seattle D. Impressive outing by them, so quick to the ball, with very few YAC given up, and multiple defenders on every tackle.

I kind of agree, Wilson was really good, but he didn't have to do anything, it wasn't an MVP type of performance. It was pretty balanced for the Hawks defense, maybe Chancellor could have gotten the MVP?

Eli Manning in either of those two SBs is worse. They should have split it between the defensive lineman in both cases. You could have done the same thing in this SB and just given it to the defense.

Manning should be the Superbowl MVP this year, he actually earned this one. Besides, we all know how much he likes stats and awards.

The award needed to be given to a defensive player. Avril would have been my choice.

Manning should be the Superbowl MVP this year, he actually earned this one. Besides, we all know how much he likes stats and awards.

Really. And we think the press is on der FunfKopf's payroll.

Here he was, facing the stoutest defense since the gates of Vienna and he was still plugging away. Any other QB oul have turned all Tony Eason.

You think the Marines at Wake had it tough?

That was nothing.

George Armstrong wasoutgunned? Ha!

Here was Peyton, taking 51 handicapped scrubs that looked worse than Washington's music section, and actuallly willing them to the SB.

Peyton was the MVP.

"Worst Super Bowl MVP choice ever?"

Deion Branch. Brady was much more deserving of the MVP in that game.

Harvin would have been the worst ever. Had he been inactive for the game, no one would have noticed, and there would have been no real effect on the outcome.

Wilson played very well. and he made a difference between his his team scoring over 40 and over 25. Again, he didn't affect the outcome much at all. Only if the award was required to go to a player of the offense would I give it to Wilson.

The defense dominated the game. I would even have considered Sherman (with no stats) other than shutting down half the field. However, there were others who were more deserving than Sherman. Acril is my choice.

I honestly thought Harvin or Wilson deserved it more. Wilson did a great job, and Harvin was making explosive plays.

Harvin would have been the worst ever. Had he been inactive for the game, no one would have noticed, and there would have been no real effect on the outcome.

Wilson played very well. and he made a difference between his his team scoring over 40 and over 25. Again, he didn't affect the outcome much at all. Only if the award was required to go to a player of the offense would I give it to Wilson.

The defense dominated the game. I would even have considered Sherman (with no stats) other than shutting down half the field. However, there were others who were more deserving than Sherman. Acril is my choice.

Did you watch the game? Harvin returned a kick for a touchdown and had like two big gains. He was a big game changer.

It should have gone to def and Smith would have been my pick but you could have made a case for a few others. QBs already get to much love glad they did this.

Did you watch the game? Harvin returned a kick for a touchdown and had like two big gains. He was a big game changer.

Had Harvin won the MVP this thread would be twice as long claiming so and so should have won. There was no clear cut MVP winner, but you don't give it to a guy that sat most of the game. Great TD run to open the second half, but the game was over at that point (coincidently, by the pick-six at the end of the first half). I think he also had two great runs. It was just a game where there was no clear cut MVP. Just don't give it to a guy that played a handful of plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back