2002: Ty Law / Otis Smith
2003: Ty Law / Tyrone Poole
2004: Ty Law / Asante Samuel
2005: Asante Samuel / Chad Scott
2006: Asante Samuel / Ellis Hobbs
2007: Asante Samuel / Ellis Hobbs
2008: Ellis Hobbs / Terrence Wheatley

Hmmm.

Maybe you should state your point instead of implying it.

I was asking for the board's opinion.

2000: Ty Law / Otis Smith
2001: Ty Law / Otis Smith

Hmmm.

How are we suppossed to judge Hobbs and Wheatley at this point in the season?

Predict.

All I know is that this is the first time in the BB era we don't have a Pro-Bowl league top 5 #1 corner.

predict?

this seems like an appropriate thread to ask this question...

is this the best front seven of BB's era?

(predict btw...)

Congrats to the rooks who made this team...

Now go out there and kick some ass

Exactly!.....

I really hope there's another signing coming up.

Predict.

All I know is that this is the first time in the BB era we don't have a Pro-Bowl league top 5 #1 corner.

We do. His name is Hobbs.

Besides, the worst we ever started was Earthwind Moreland, and Randall gay. Thank god it wasnt for a whole season.:rolleyes:

I doubt there will be another signing.

What about Dom Caper's influence?

What about the pass rush up front?

How do you give a thread negative stars?

Predict.

Nor did we entering the 2005 season. At that point in time Asante had started nine games over two years and had a career total of 3 interceptions; he didn't make the Pro Bowl till 2007 and was not considered a top ten, much less top five corner at that point of his career. In fact, you could say the same thing entering the 2006 season also, as Samuels finished 2005 with three interceptions.

Last edited:
Ellis Hobbs is a potential top 5 in the league Pro-Bowl corner back?

Like you said, POTENTIAL. Let's see at the end of the season if i'm right. I could also be wrong. I think that might have happened once before:D

Predict.

no its not. Samuel was not a Pro Bowl CB in 2005. He developed into one by the time he left. Deltha O'Neal is a two time pro bowler which is one more than the one PB season that Samuel has.

And unless you can tell me that Asante showed more in his first preseason than Wheatley has in his, then you are wrong on two counts. We went to the super bowl in 2004 with Asante, Randall Gay and Troy Brown at corner. I like who we have now by comparison.

Great sig, by the way :)

Hmmm.

Weak post. But I'll play. The answer is Ty Law and Otis Smith 2000. I take it you didn't watch the likes of Elvis Grbac and Shane Matthews shred that secondary back then? No way Hobbs and Wheatley can be worse than that.

2004: Ty Law / Asante Samuel (end of season it was Gay and asante)
2005: Asante Samuel (Still young) / Duane Starks

Hmmm.

I fixed your list a little and it may change some votes.

I think looking at the 05 now that it should show were we are. That year Law was gone and it looked to be in shambles but they got it right toward the end of the season. I don't think it will be that bad early and If it is the worst of the BB era it wont be by much basically by default because having law and Asante on those lists skews it a little.

Predict.

We didn't in 2005 or 2006, either. And in 2004 we only had one for 4 games. After that it was a cast of no names. Won it all that season, too, Go figure. And if O'Neal starts we'll have a pro bowler starting...

yeah i'd say 2004 is actually the worst year for starting CBs

Ty law only played a couple weeks,

and nobody remembers this, but up until 2006 people tended to absolutely hate on Asante - he's a great corner now, but it's not like he was a pro bowler coming right out of the gate. - Remember when we had Earthwind Moreland starting?

Hobbs has at least proven that he can be an NFL starter, although maybe not a pro bowler, and the only person who's totally owned Wheatley so far this preseason has been Randy Moss, and quite frankly that isn't the Rookie's fault.

also, Deltha O'Neal is signed, so there's your pro bowl corner if you're really looking for one.

yeah i'd say 2004 is actually the worst year for starting CBs

Ty law only played a couple weeks,

and nobody remembers this, but up until 2006 people tended to absolutely hate on Asante - he's a great corner now, but it's not like he was a pro bowler coming right out of the gate. - Remember when we had Earthwind Moreland starting?

Hobbs has at least proven that he can be an NFL starter, although maybe not a pro bowler, and the only person who's totally owned Wheatley so far this preseason has been Randy Moss, and quite frankly that isn't the Rookie's fault.

also, Deltha O'Neal is signed, so there's your pro bowl corner if you're really looking for one.

Spot on response, be carefulthough, Hobbs haters do not like to deal with fact.

The success of the '08 secondary is 100% tied to the success of the seven guys playing in front of them. If they can bring the kind of pressure expected, we are going to look very, very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots