PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst Starter in Patriot History

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriotic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With all these best threads, time to look at the other side of the coin.

Joe Kapp, QB

In a game in KC, Kapp threw interceptions on three consecutive plays. One was fumbled back to us and one was nullified by penalty. Nonetheless, three interceptions in 90 seconds. In 1970, the only year he played for us, we scored a league low 140 points. Kapp led us to the number one pick in the draft.

We drafted Jim Plunkett who was to be tutored by Kapp. One month later, Kapp announced his surprise retirement. Plunkett was forced to start as a rookie and took a beating. Plunkett limped off to the west years later where he won two Super Bowls as a starter.

Joe Krapp, indeed. Worst Patriot starter I ever saw. Who's yours?

Last edited:
scott secules

Drew Bledsoe.

Scott "missin" Sisson
Chris Canty

Drew Bledsoe.

come on he was such a great Patriot doesnt deserve to be in this thread. 2nd best QB in team history and it is an insult to the organization to put him in here.

Last edited:
duane starks and biesel

Steve martin wasn't anything to write home about. I'd put Monty "I'd rather just avoid the tackle" Beisel and Chris Canty at the top though.

Who was that stiff we had back in the 80's - Sims I think?

Eugene Chung (not close)

Jason Staurovsky

Eugene Chung

Marc Wilson

Antonio Langham. That game in 2000 at the Meadowlands still haunts me today (not really).

come on he was such a great Patriot doesnt deserve to be in this thread. 2nd best QB in team history and it is an insult to the organization to put him in here.

Passing
New England Att. Comp. Yds. TD Int.
Bledsoe 48 25 253 2 4

Remember those numbers? That was superbowl 31.

I stand by my pick. Drew Bledsoe.

Steve martin wasn't anything to write home about. I'd put Monty "I'd rather just avoid the tackle" Beisel and Chris Canty at the top though.

Who was that stiff we had back in the 80's - Sims I think?

Kenny Sims. He really wasn't that bad, he was just so not worth the #1 overall pick in the draft.

He was Bobby Hamilton, a good run stopping DE. He had no pass rushing ability at all. You don't spend the top overall pick on a run stopping lineman.

Trevor Matich. Eugene Chung. Those are two lousy 1st round picks. Imagine Matt Light and Logan Mankins turning out like them.

Regards,
Chris

Sorry Chowza, I can't agree with you. Bledsoe, when he had a good O-line, was a very good QB and he carried this team for years.

I have to agree that guys like Marc Wilson, Scott Secules, and Marion Butts have to be on the list of worst starters.

Also Donald Hayes has to be there.

Sorry Chowza, I can't agree with you. Bledsoe, when he had a good O-line, was a very good QB and he carried this team for years.

I have to agree that guys like Marc Wilson, Scott Secules, and Marion Butts have to be on the list of worst starters.

Also Donald Hayes has to be there.

The OL will hold up as much as it can, if you can't move in the pocket your not a suitable QB, ask Buffalo/Dallas. QB has to work with the OL, step up in the pocket if necessary to avoid someone whose getting beat on the outside. Bledsoe was horrible. Stop making excuses for him. Bledsoe = overrated.

Trevor Matich. Eugene Chung. Those are two lousy 1st round picks. Imagine Matt Light and Logan Mankins turning out like them.

I thought the point was worst STARTER; not worst draft picks. Did matich even see the field? Did chung play other than pre-season?

Passing
New England Att. Comp. Yds. TD Int.
Bledsoe 48 25 253 2 4

Remember those numbers? That was superbowl 31.

I stand by my pick. Drew Bledsoe.

uhhh hello; one game stats versus the HOFer reggie white. ??

And did you notice the game you chose. THE SB - the loser of that game is #2 out of 32 teams. In the Olympics they call that WINNING THE SILVER. Not worst starter to ever play for the team.

You are one vindictive son of a gun. Let it go already; he's been gone for 5 years.

For me the anti-Bledsoe response: Max Lane.

I thought the point was worst STARTER; not worst draft picks. Did matich even see the field? Did chung play other than pre-season?

uhhh hello; one game stats versus the HOFer reggie white. ??

And did you notice the game you chose. THE SB - the loser of that game is #2 out of 32 teams. In the Olympics they call that WINNING THE SILVER. Not worst starter to ever play for the team.

You are one vindictive son of a gun. Let it go already; he's been gone for 5 years.

For me the anti-Bledsoe response: Max Lane.

Oh there was a HOF'er on the Packers roster.. sounds like more excuse making to me.

Silver medal...first loser...

Respective to Drew's contract he was detrimental to the team.

Logic > Sentiment.

GGthx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye