Welcome to PatsFans.com

worst president ever

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 8, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Consider the source of the article. However, if these statistics are indeed correct, shame on this frickin administration.

http://democrats.senate.gov/journal/entry.cfm?id=273646&

While families work harder, their wages continue to decline. Middle-class families are working harder and earning less today than they were at the start of the Bush Administration.

Earnings for workers with college degrees declining.

Worst job creation record since Hoover Administration.

Unemployment has increased 7.1 percent and long-term joblessness has nearly doubled.

Bush's deficit-financed tax cuts have widened the income gap between millionaires and middle-class workers.

More American families and children face severe financial problems.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -4

And that leaves out Iraq, the failure to catch OBL, 9/11 on his watch, the continued terrorism, attorneygate, and the budget deficit.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

response to Katrina
  4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

26% inflation
    the highest gas prices EVER
    gas shortages
    Americans held hostage by a foreign government

Jimmy Carter is far and away the worst ever.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Gas shortages are bad....hostages are bad....

none of that is worse than 9-11, Katrina, and an endless war...and I'm not sure where you are getting your gas, but I've seen $4.00/gal recently.

not to mention what the administration has done do the global approval rate of our nation. But I guess I just mentioned it.
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Oh yeah, I take everything I read on the the always balanced Democratic Caucus's Senate Journal website for gospel. You know if it's in there, its got to be an un-biased, accurate potrayal of the truth.

Pleeeeeeeease................. :rolleyes:

Diver, you obviously added the qualifier in there (which is good), but still........ file this under "grain of salt".
    Last edited: May 8, 2007
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I prefaced the post with "consider the source" however.....I'd appreciate if you bushies try to defend those statistics, instead of pointing the finger at Clinton, or another democrat.
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I saw that and give you props for it........ I just was double pointing it out.

Actually, I'm not really a bushie. I'm conservative for sure (most topics, but not all), but would not consider myself "Bush's" biggest fan, and I differ with him on MANY things. My point is, he certainly ain't the greatest, but from a FINANCIAL, standpoint he is FAR, FAR, FAR from the worst.

You gotta "consider the source" on this one I think, even more so than usual. Mostly cause of the financial angle. For all Bush's fault, his economics are way down the list.
  9. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

This is what happens when a chimpanzee runs the White House. "I AM the decider ... OOOOO!! EEEEEEEE!!! AHHH HAAAAA HAAAAAA!!!"
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +289 / 4 / -2

Lets be fair here. GW is by no means some wonderful president. He's made some atrocious decisions. I think we all know that. However, the blind hatred of him is comical. It's as if those in here I speak of disagree with him 100% of the time. That's impossible. We have a 4.5 or 4.7% unemployement rate. The man inherrited a receding economy, then suffered 9/11. I can't quite understand how people are going to criticize him for his economic policies. He clearly, by passing his tax cuts and surplus refund, reversed a horrific economic situation. He deserves credit for that. Iraq, his spending, and some of the other crap are all deserving of criticism, lots of criticism mind you. The problem I have with people (and this goes for the Clinton haters too) is that your positions are based on hatred, and not on logic.
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yeah it's just ashame you couldn't come up with a candidate that could beat a chimpanzee. How dumb is that?
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

thank you....

everyone look at Real World, to quote Frank the Tank....."THAT is how you debate."
  13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

to be fair, I said something very similar in post #8 :D
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +289 / 4 / -2

Are we all going to sing Kumbaya now? :D
  15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Carter was dealing with stagflation,(from the Nixon years)the opec cartel, and a military that had grown lax after the Vietnam war(one thing R.Reagen did turn around) I do believe Carter wasn't presidential material,but he was benighn. If what Bush did (manipulating the facts to get us into a war among other things) and I think he did. To me thats criminal.
    Last edited: May 8, 2007