PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst officiated game I've seen in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh...I must have watched a different game...the five yard flag for running into the kicker???...uh...excuse me...THAT hit was fifteen yards all day...THE defintion of the 15 yard roughing the kicker penalty.

Hey...the game was close!!!! everybody got their money's worth...I mean...WHO could have ever predicted an outcome this close ?....I wonder....

I always know the super bowl will be close, too much $$$ for JetDell not to tell the officials to keep it close even if it gets out of hand.

Quite the opposite really. The fumble early...last few weeks of games that is ruled forward progress after the third brown tackle. I believe we got boned on one of those...

No call on throwing an official. No call at the end. No hold on the second half opening return. There's twenty points worth of calls in a game decided by a field goal. This was a disgusting, embarrassing display of football, an absolute injustice to the game.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I didn't have a dog in the fight so I was thoroughly entertained tonight. The only embarrassing thing that I saw was the power outage.

It 's his chance to p[imp "parity!!!!!"...five straight times in five years since the Patriot dynasty was established and threatened to blow the "parity" myth out of the water...and yet.."it's just a coincidence!!!"...c'mon...I'll die an NFL football fan but THIS is no longer a contest of skill and determination...too much money involved

I didn't have a dog in the fight so I was thoroughly entertained tonight. The only embarrassing thing that I saw was the power outage.

C'mon, I'm sure you'll see the kick return on espn all week. 49 I believe, gets absolutely mugged by the inside blocker of a hand holding double team right up the middle. Minus the hold, he at least pushes the return outside and allows teammates to pursue. Given the play and the impact of the foul, that is an embarrassing non call.

End of game. Ball at five. Even the announcer was surprised there was no call after watching the replay show the receiver getting mugged a couple yards into the end zone.

Five yard penalty (this cost be four hundred no less) on the field goal was horse ****. Fifteen yard personal foul, the definition of it.

Player safety and the helmet to helmet on the final drive.

And most importantly, go back and watch your dvr of the first half. Ignore anything during party and just watch what transpired after the whistle and tell me sf should have received multiple pf first downs for the garbage going on after the play.

This was a disgrace to football.

Worst.Superbowl.Ever...

The big boys wanted it to be close. They gambled on the crows to eek it out. :rolleyes:

Not even worth watching.

Re: Worst.Superbowl.Ever...

Is this a joke? If not, I guess you are not old enough to remember the 2nd Dallas vs. the Bills SB that was the worst blow out I have ever seen, unless you count the drubbing of our own beloved Pats in 1985.

I did almost stop watching this one after half time. In the end it didn't matter.

C'mon, I'm sure you'll see the kick return on espn all week. 49 I believe, gets absolutely mugged by the inside blocker of a hand holding double team right up the middle. Minus the hold, he at least pushes the return outside and allows teammates to pursue. Given the play and the impact of the foul, that is an embarrassing non call.

End of game. Ball at five. Even the announcer was surprised there was no call after watching the replay show the receiver getting mugged a couple yards into the end zone.

Five yard penalty (this cost be four hundred no less) on the field goal was horse ****. Fifteen yard personal foul, the definition of it.

Player safety and the helmet to helmet on the final drive.

And most importantly, go back and watch your dvr of the first half. Ignore anything during party and just watch what transpired after the whistle and tell me sf should have received multiple pf first downs for the garbage going on after the play.

This was a disgrace to football.

The refs let them play for the most part. If you look at all the return plays, I'm sure you can spot at least one hold on every single one.

That 4th down play was never going to be called a PI unless it was so egregious.

And both teams were going at each other after every play in the first half. I don't see why the Niners should be rewarded extra first downs.

I'll agree ..that was a disgrace as far as what I've ever thought the NFL was about...as far as entertainment though, that was top notch...I'll bet the 4th quarter ratings were through the roof...a tremendous business coup for all the owner/czars of the NFL....as much as I detest him for his sheer arrogance and blatant disingenuous disregard for us, the fan, I must say Goodell has really delivered on his promises to the owners...after all, THEY are the ones who really matter, not us...the sheep/fans that religiously show up and get sheared of our green wool.

Normally, I do not bother with criticizing refs; it's all part of the game. However, this time is an exception. The refs were truly awful, and the calls cost SF the game.

Re: Worst.Superbowl.Ever...

Is this a joke? If not, I guess you are not old enough to remember the 2nd Dallas vs. the Bills SB that was the worst blow out I have ever seen, unless you count the drubbing of our own beloved Pats in 1985.

I did almost stop watching this one after half time. In the end it didn't matter.

So, you're saying that you were suckered in to the end of it? Congrats.

This sucked ass.

Bad calls happen on EVERY game.

That may be, but not every game is poorly officiated start to finish and not every game is the biggest game of the season supposedly being officiated by the purportedly highest graded officials in the league.

The refs let them play for the most part. If you look at all the return plays, I'm sure you can spot at least one hold on every single one.

That 4th down play was never going to be called a PI unless it was so egregious.

And both teams were going at each other after every play in the first half. I don't see why the Niners should be rewarded extra first downs.

Nowhere in the rule book does it instruct the officials to let them play in certain games. That 4th down play was egregious. The players were going at each other because the officials let that crap get out of hand. Williams shoved a ref and wasn't even flagged. He should have been ejected. Since the play resulted in a turnover there would not have been an extra first down. But the point of penalties is to reward the opposing team as punishment to the offending team. What the hell game do you follow?

for all those who explain it as "just one of those things that happen"...explain THIS and why this player was not immediately disqualified from play..

refshove.gif

Any as obvious as the one that will be getting aired on espn for the next month? How it wasn't mentioned at all during the broadcast is beyond me. PI, no. Holding? How isn't it? Or at least illegal contact? Crabtree was getting mugged three yards into the ez. Enlighten me, it's the five yard bump and contact following that has been getting emphasized lately, no?

Yes both teams were chippy, but which team routinely had numbers in garbage after the whistle? Seemed like two possessions in a row, sf oline works player off pile, two ravens push/shove distract while pile shenanigans continue, EVERY PLAY.

The officiating seemed ok, until they blew it at the end. If the coach is yelling about his WR being held, at least go take another look at the footage and make the right call. It's the Superbowl for crying out. The refs bet on this game big time.

The refs answer to a higher power...but, I agree with your basic statement.

for all those who explain it as "just one of those things that happen"...explain THIS and why this player was not immediately disqualified from play..

refshove.gif

The "MEGA" let it happen. Look it up if you're a good researcher. The Ravens were going to win this one.

well, I DID look it up and found this you tube that explains why the league has become as it has ..and take this into account..at the end of this clip the prediction is SF and the Ravens in the Super Bowl with the Ravens as the winner...all throughout this clip questions are raised...the same one I've been raising since 2007..and NO...I did not produce this..

Is the NFL Fixed? A look back at the last 10 SuperBowls - YouTube

and here's the second clip outlining the progeneration of THIS season's ultimate matchup...starting last February...

Is the NFL Fixed? PT 2: A Closer Look at 2012-2013 Season - YouTube

the producer picks the Niners off the bad publicity the last two weeks for Ray Lewis...I did the same thing two days ago...I'm guessing the old adage "any publicity is good publicity" came in to play and the Lewis factor ended up the deciding factor

well, I DID look it up and found this you tube that explains why the league has become as it has ..and take this into account..at the end of this clip the prediction is SF and the Ravens in the Super Bowl with the Ravens as the winner...all throughout this clip questions are raised...the same one I've been raising since 2007..and NO...I did not produce this..

Is the NFL Fixed? A look back at the last 10 SuperBowls - YouTube

If that guy thinks that the NFL is rigged, then he's into conspiracies enough that there's no way he should think the 2007 Super Bowl was legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes