PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst officiated game I've seen in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
The murderer and his bunch of thugs win as scripted. 49er were royally hosed. POS Goodell is please his ref's did their job.

Are you serious about the Crabtree call? Crabtree ran towards him to set up the corner route and as he was making a break to the corner, he got molested, not held, but MOLESTED with no call....These are "supposed" to be the best of the best officials with the head linesman looking right at it and doesn't throw the flag.....There is no way this game wasn't fixed....I am an official and I definitely would of thrown that flag albeit even if the pats were playing, it was blatant in the Super Bowl, IT HAS TO BE THROWN....

Not what I saw. I saw a legal chuck in the 5 yard zone that continued beyond because the receiver didn't disengage, and when he did, he stumbled. That was good, legal defense.
If that a defensive penalty you could get one every play by running into the defender.

CaryWilliams.gif

refshove.gif

Also happens to be this guy, from the real worst reffed game that I remember:
tyson.gif

Yes, he definitely did. I was amazed the ref didn't throw a flag. Lloyd got called for just throwing the ball to the ref when he wasn't quite ready. This was a hard shove followed by very heated words. I really expected an unsportsmanlike conduct call.

I also thought the 5 yard penalty for roughing the kicker should have been the 15 yard variety for unnecessary roughness.

I don't think rolling into the kicker qualifies for roughing

Not what I saw. I saw a legal chuck in the 5 yard zone that continued beyond because the receiver didn't disengage, and when he did, he stumbled. That was good, legal defense.
If that a defensive penalty you could get one every play by running into the defender.

Wrong....You are allowed CONTACT, Not holding.....They are different in the sense that you can jam, bump, push a receiver within 5 yards but not hold...He was CLEARLY holding his jersey as he was bear hugging him....This was a blown or overlooked call...Take your pick....

Are you serious about the Crabtree call? Crabtree ran towards him to set up the corner route and as he was making a break to the corner, he got molested, not held, but MOLESTED with no call....These are "supposed" to be the best of the best officials with the head linesman looking right at it and doesn't throw the flag.....There is no way this game wasn't fixed....I am an official and I definitely would of thrown that flag albeit even if the pats were playing, it was blatant in the Super Bowl, IT HAS TO BE THROWN....

I really dont see it being that big of a deal. If they threw the flag there woulda been 3000X as much hooorahrah and would be over analyzed until next season saying how they should have just let them play. Im fine with it. Maybe they shoulda threw it to Moss.

The worst I think was Williams not being ejected for pushing that ref. That is just outrageous.

Still, had Harbaugh and his OC not lost their minds in the last 2 minutes they'd have won that game. Out thinking themselves. Just run the damn ball in 4 down territory with 2 minutes to go.

And no Ngata to clog the middle.

If Crabtree was molested you think he woulda reacted a little differently than just walking off the field.

Yes, he definitely did. I was amazed the ref didn't throw a flag. Lloyd got called for just throwing the ball to the ref when he wasn't quite ready. This was a hard shove followed by very heated words. I really expected an unsportsmanlike conduct call.

I also thought the 5 yard penalty for roughing the kicker should have been the 15 yard variety for unnecessary roughness.

For the record, it's an automatic 15 for striking a ref, with DQ at the discretion of the officials.

But since I've seen players ejected for accidentally striking officials. . . .

Also happens to be this guy, from the real worst reffed game that I remember:
tyson.gif

hi i would just like to say that edelman is an effing BADASS

Seemed like blatant pass interference by the Ravens in the end zone to me. If that had been a Pats DB you can say with absolute certainty that a flag would have come out.

No doubt. Pats must get away with the least amount of pass interference/defense holding in the league.

I live in the Baltimore area and whenever I go out to watch the games on Sunday ticket, they ***** and moan so much about the refs. Hopefully the silver lining is that they shut up about being screwed after this win.

Wrong....You are allowed CONTACT, Not holding.....They are different in the sense that you can jam, bump, push a receiver within 5 yards but not hold...He was CLEARLY holding his jersey as he was bear hugging him....This was a blown or overlooked call...Take your pick....

The ball was in the air. PI

49ers lost because they made too many bone-headed plays, and the Ravens made the clutch plays to keep drives going or to stop the 49ers from scoring TDs.

Stop your whining.

49ers lost because they made too many bone-headed plays, and the Ravens made the clutch plays to keep drives going or to stop the 49ers from scoring TDs.

Stop your whining.

That has nothing to do with whether or not a game was poorly officiated, and this one absolutely was. If SF hadn't made it a game down the stretch before playcalling themselves out of a Lombardi, that is all folks would be talking about, shoddy officiating in the biggest game of the year.

Stop your whining.

Quite the opposite really. The fumble early...last few weeks of games that is ruled forward progress after the third brown tackle. I believe we got boned on one of those...

No call on throwing an official. No call at the end. No hold on the second half opening return. There's twenty points worth of calls in a game decided by a field goal. This was a disgusting, embarrassing display of football, an absolute injustice to the game.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

heh...I must have watched a different game...the five yard flag for running into the kicker???...uh...excuse me...THAT hit was fifteen yards all day...THE defintion of the 15 yard roughing the kicker penalty.

Hey...the game was close!!!! everybody got their money's worth...I mean...WHO could have ever predicted an outcome this close ?....I wonder....

That has nothing to do with whether or not a game was poorly officiated, and this one absolutely was. If SF hadn't made it a game down the stretch before playcalling themselves out of a Lombardi, that is all folks would be talking about, shoddy officiating in the biggest game of the year.

Bad calls happen on EVERY game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back