Welcome to PatsFans.com

Worst movie ever?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Holy Diver, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I submit:

"Troll 2"

So bad its good. Anyone have anything worse?

2. taltos

taltos Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

One from the '50's, Force 10 From Outer Space. So bad that it is considered a classic example of how to make bad movies.

One from the '90's, CHUD. So bad that it is hysterically funny.

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ha! ... CHUD sounds so bad when you say it, I never had the nerve to rent the thing.

also I suggest "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter" Its a musical.

4. taltos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I should have also mentioned CHUD II aka Bud the CHUD. Even funnier than the original. Travolta had one based on a book by L Ron Hubbard that is also supposed to be horrible. I don't know if you are in my age range, mid 50's, but there is a movie worth renting if you can find it called Deadlier than the Male starring Elke Sommer that is just a great spy spoof made in the '60's. You can catch all of the first 4 movies on cable once in a while. Paul

5. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Starship Troopers. I saw this movie because I was invited by some friends and said what the heck. I'm not kidding when I tell you half way through I was completely unsure if this was suppose to be a comedy or a sci-fi drama.

6. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oh man I used to love that movie as a kid.

Creep Show 1
    Creep Show 2 - Even better. This is the worst best movie ever created, you can NOT top it. What is better then seaweed that eats people? It eat's them so good, it melts their skin. The acting is the worst i'v ever seen and the story is so out there its good. A wooden indian spearing people? Oh man this is a must see.

I love gore. :) Some say i'm sick but eh... it's a generational thing. :p

7. taltos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Other horror films that are so bad that they are great are the Attack of the Killer Tomatos, the Toxic Avenger series and anything else from Troma Films. Should probably add in the Tremors series that feature in one of the movies a creature that kills with flaming farts. I would put in for another genre, any movie with Kevin Costner after Dances with Wolves. There are so many bad movies that whole books have been written on this topic. Have a good night and happy Thanksgiving all. Am off to North Conway at the crack of dawn to celebrate the holidays at our place up there. Paul

8. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,289 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

I liked "Waterworld" with Costner. My vote for worst film ever goes to "A Star is Born" starring Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson -- the very definition of overwrought schlock. Actually, any film with Streisand would probably qualify.

9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Starship Troopers would have made my top 10 best films list if Denise Richards had been in the shower scene; but alas she was an officer and apparently only enlisted people get to enjoy unisex showers in the future:mad:

I would submit Highlander II as the worst film of all time; but it was so bad, particularly when you compare it to the first one, I chose to disavow its existence long ago.

10. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,289 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

I saw "Starship Troopers" in the theater when it first came out and am not afraid to admit it. I agree with you about the shower scene, but it boiled down to a plot problem because Richards' character was in a different branch of the service. As for "Highlander II," any film with Sean Connery no matter how bad is still OK with me. By the way, I saw that movie during a vacation in Amsterdam many years ago. They have an interesting custom there, where they stop the movie halfway through and everyone goes into the lobby for snacks, beer, etc. -- a forced intermission. I was sitting there and suddenly the movie stopped and everyone was leaving their seats and I thought, "What the hell?!"

11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You're right about Sean Connery in general; but his presence in part two completely erased his noble death in part one and made it silly. Every time I watch part I and Connery gets run through I think: No big deal. He's not dying. He's just going to the magical void-y place for a little while:rolleyes:

12. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thought Donnie Darko was truly awful. I got what they were trying to do, but it just didn't work for me.

13. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,888 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

The English Patient.
    Man, did I hate that flick or what.

14. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +687 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

The ones I truly hate are where a Hollywood director has had great success and now wants to show the world that he is not just a commercial director but an artist who is the equal of Godard/Truffaut/Pasolini/Bergman.

Can't remember all the examples but the one that stands out as the stinker of stinkers is Robert Altman's Brewster McCloud.

(Also, if I had my life to live over, there is no way I would waste any of it watching The Royal Tenenbaums. Oh, and I have a soft spot for Starship Troopers -- pure schlock but surprisingly sexy.)

15. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -3

Highlander III was pretty bad too - I wouldn't have watched but was in Montreal and saw some of the filming so my curiousity got the best of me...

After the debacle of Highlander II they decided to go back to their "roots" and copy the Highlander I script, right down to the low talking bad guy (Mario Van Peebles) and the hellish ride in the car scene (his son this time, not his girlfriend)

... of course the directors figured that no one would notice and would be as enthralled as they were with the first.

But my "worst" movie is probably another sequel - Caddyshack II

16. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

I love bad movies, if any of you guys are fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000 you would know about Manos: The Hands of Fate, the Coleman Francis’s masterpieces The Beast of Yucca Flats, Red Zone Cuba and The Skydivers. Others The Final Sacrifice, Hobgoblins, Space Mutiny and The Creeping Terror (my vote as the worst movie ever esp. the monster).
    New movies like Battlefield Earth , Cool As Ice or Howard The Duck ranks right up there also.

17. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Aww that was such a good movie, IMO.

18. nhpatsfan

nhpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What was the name of that horrid movie twenty years ago? Ishmael or something like that?

19. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Titanic. What was it, like eight and a half days long, with most of it spent on that below decks flooded set. "Jack! Jack!" Jack off of a movie, if you ask me.

20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Shazam with Shaq O'Niel.
    I love bad horror movies from the sixties...so bad they're good, like "Reptilicus", a Danish-made film done in English with American voice-overs. Great campy themes like the old scientist with his super-hot daughter inexplicably always nearby, not to mention the American general who's called in to save Copenhagen from the sea monster (WWII metaphor).