PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst managed team in the AFC east?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All backs better then Ronnie: Stephen Jackson, Willie Parker, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, LJ, LT, Westbrook, Gore, Edge, Portis, Deuce. Ronnie has top ten potential but doesnt play that way. I could add names that I like like Mo-Jo D and Addai but i will lay off

I'll take ROnnie over Alexander, Edge, Portis and Duece right now. I know this isn't an excuse but had Ronnie not suffered a "FREAK" injury last year, and had he continued his pace, he would've landed on 1248 rushing yards. Like I said, I know that doesn't guarentee anything, but that kind of production behind that line and play calling is top 10 material. With a coach who will actully commit to the run and a line that continues to gel, Ronnie is a lock for 1200 yards. (If healthy.)

Here's how I'll rank the RBs in the NFL:

1. Tomlinson
2. Jackson
3. [Larry] Johnson
4. Bryan Westbrook
5. Rudi Johnson
6. Willie Parker
7. Frank Gore
8. Ronnie Brown
9. Shaun Alexander
10. Duece McAllister

Last edited:
Aqua im gonna let you know that b/c of you im putting my chips back in on the table w/ ronnie brown in fantasy football. He was a dud last year for me but he has top ten potential. I have nothing on ronnie

If I have a back end of the first round pick, I'll take him too. I'm praying for Steven Jackson though. :)

nyjsux.gif
miasux.gif

Troll Fight!

I always thought Ronnie would have a better career than Cadillac....But face the facts Aqua, your offensive line is mediocre on a good day, traded away McMichael and Welker (a guy I thought was good, maybe I'm the only one), and the guy who is throwing the football for you is 37 yrs old. I'd be suprised if you guys won six games this year. Trent Green has nothing left in his tank, you guys picked him up to calm the fans angry about not getting Brees.It's not he didn't brought New Orleans to the NFC championship. No offense, I just think you need to be realistic about your team.Though I think the Bills might have a bad year, the Dolphins management is an absolute joke. You guys haven't drafted a decent player in ten years (Madison and Taylor in 97'), and passed up on a franchise quarterback only to get a kick returner and at best, slot reciever. I think Ginn will be a good player but he is not worthy of a top ten pick especially coming off that injury.

Last edited:
I'll take ROnnie over Alexander, Edge, Portis and Duece right now. I know this isn't an excuse but had Ronnie not suffered a "FREAK" injury last year, and had he continued his pace, he would've landed on 1248 rushing yards.

Um, when Shaun Alexander stays healty and doesn't suffer a freak injury, he puts up 1400 yards and 15+ TDs. Lat year without the injury his pace was for 1434 yards.

Why exactly is Brown anywhere in his class, nevermind better than him?

Who gives a damn how old they are, they're damn good at what they do, that's all that matters.

Isn't this the PRIMARY argument you use regarding the Pats LBs?

At some point, Ginn will have an immense impact. How often to rookie WRs have big impacts on their football team? Look at Chad Jackson last year, he did nothing.

Ginn will make our special teams much better. We now have a homerun threat on kick and punt returns opposed to last year when we had a 0 shot that a return would be taken to the house. He will be worked into a recieving role slowly this year and will get a much larger role next year, but as for now, he's main duty is special teams.

One player doesn't make you a playoff team, it's a 53 man effort.

Sorry, but having a "homerun threat" as a punt returner and kick returner doesn't make the Special teams better in and of itself. What makes special teams better is having GOOD blocking. And that didn't happen for the Dolphins. It wouldn't have mattered if you had Devin Hester or Wes Welker back there, your return game still would have been garbage because of the garbage blocking.

Welker was a MUCH better return man that you give him credit for. Hell, you were washing his balls prior to last season and, now, you are saying how bad he is. And this was PROVEN in other threads.

It shows how much confidence I have in him.

That's not saying much considering how much CONFIDENCE you had in Miami last year and how you made bets based on that confidence and then you proceeded to WELCH on thos bets.

College tape? Not valid.

John Beck = Chris Weinke, a guy who is older than normal college players and looks good because of advanced physical development.

His advantage is no longer there in the NFL. Have you seen or heard how he's been doing inn Dolphins training camp? We can always ask one of the Doofin trolls. I'm sure they will give an honest answer.

Damn, I didn't realize that Beck will turn 26 during camp. That does explain a LOT.

Hmm.. Maybe the SI dude was right and Miam WILL be looking at a 1st round QB next year....

I'll take ROnnie over Alexander, Edge, Portis and Duece right now. I know this isn't an excuse but had Ronnie not suffered a "FREAK" injury last year, and had he continued his pace, he would've landed on 1248 rushing yards. Like I said, I know that doesn't guarentee anything, but that kind of production behind that line and play calling is top 10 material. With a coach who will actully commit to the run and a line that continues to gel, Ronnie is a lock for 1200 yards. (If healthy.)

1. Tomlinson
2. Jackson
3. [Larry] Johnson
4. Bryan Westbrook
5. Rudi Johnson
6. Willie Parker
7. Frank Gore
8. Ronnie Brown
9. Shaun Alexander
10. Duece McAllister

Brown might not even be the 8th best RB in the AFC, never mind the NFL. HE was 22nd in the league in yards and 23rd in yards per carry. He was 10th in yards in the conference and 14th in yards per carry. Oh, by the way, Fred Taylor, with his 5.0 ypc average, says "hello" to Ronnie "4.2" Brown.

1. Tomlinson
2. Jackson
3. [Larry] Johnson
4. Bryan Westbrook
5. Rudi Johnson
6. Willie Parker
7. Frank Gore
8. Ronnie Brown
9. Shaun Alexander
10. Duece McAllister

Hmmm i'd take Bush over Brown anyday of the week.

Isn't this the PRIMARY argument you use regarding the Pats LBs?

No, never said that in my life. The only thing I've said about the Pats linebackers is that Seau is 100% guaranteed to get hurt, Bruschi is over rated, and Adalius Thomas is amazing. Colvin and Vrable are solid players as well.

Brown might not even be the 8th best RB in the AFC, never mind the NFL. HE was 22nd in the league in yards and 23rd in yards per carry. He was 10th in yards in the conference and 14th in yards per carry. Oh, by the way, Fred Taylor, with his 5.0 ypc average, says "hello" to Ronnie "4.2" Brown.

Care to dismiss spell backs that only see 100-150 carries per year? It's a little easier to manage a high YPC when you aren't the work horse/ focal point of an offense.

Care to dismiss spell backs that only see 100-150 carries per year? It's a little easier to manage a high YPC when you aren't the work horse/ focal point of an offense.

In the 13 full games Taylor played he carried 222 times (injuries limited him severley in 2 other games). In Brown's 13, he carried 241. That is a difference of less than 1.5 carries a game.

Last edited:
In the 13 full games Taylor played he carried 222 times (injuries limited him severley in 2 other games). In Brown's 13, he carried 241. That is a difference of less than 1.5 carries a game.

That's one player. Plus, I'd run behind Jacksonville's line over Miami's any day. We haven't even begun to mention Ronnie's ability to pick up blitzers and tremendous pass catching talents.

Aqua,

I don't want to pile on too much, and I'm all for caring about your team, but don't you ever get tired of rationalizing for the Fins.

If we believe you the Fins are a Super Bowl team this year and not a team that will likely finish out of the playoffs and will be fortunate to be over .500.

According to you have a top 10 Back, a defense with a minimum of 3 HOFers, a rookie of the year candidate in Ginn (who is already hurt) and the coach of the year that has never been a head coach in the NFL.

Stranger things have happened that the Fins competing for the SB this year, but most of those were on the X-files.

I guess optimism springs eternal, and realism is dies on the vine in FL.

Good luck man.

Aqua,

I don't want to pile on too much, and I'm all for caring about your team, but don't you ever get tired of rationalizing for the Fins.

If we believe you the Fins are a Super Bowl team this year and not a team that will likely finish out of the playoffs and will be fortunate to be over .500.

According to you have a top 10 Back, a defense with a minimum of 3 HOFers, a rookie of the year candidate in Ginn (who is already hurt) and the coach of the year that has never been a head coach in the NFL.

Stranger things have happened that the Fins competing for the SB this year, but most of those were on the X-files.

I guess optimism springs eternal, and realism is dies on the vine in FL.

Good luck man.

I never said we have 3 hall of famers on defense. Taylor and Thomas are shoe ins but I don't see who the 3rd would be, maybe Porter but he's got some work to do. Ginn isn't hurt, he fully participated in minis last weekend and would play if opening day was tomorrow. I never said Cameron was the coach of the year.

My god, talk about putting words in my mouth, just ridiculous.

I never said we have 3 hall of famers on defense. Taylor and Thomas are shoe ins but I don't see who the 3rd would be, maybe Porter but he's got some work to do. Ginn isn't hurt, he fully participated in minis last weekend and would play if opening day was tomorrow. I never said Cameron was the coach of the year.

My god, talk about putting words in my mouth, just ridiculous.

Aqua, of course you never said any of that word for word but sometimes you're just too certain of everything on your team.

Too often you use "will be" instead of "hope."

John Beck might become a pro bowler someday. To "almost guarantee it" is pushing it. I don't even think we're that high on Brandon Meriweather yet.

It's the same with Cameron and Ginn and others. You talk about them as if they're already as good as you hope they will be.

We hope the Pats WRs are a huge problem for defenses this year. We're not writing it in stone yet though. Someone on the board the other day started a thread ranking the best WR corps and he didn't have NE in the top 5.

Again, you need to start toning down the over-confidence because at times it seems dilusional. Every fan hopes great things for their team right now but to be on a rival board and proclaim things the way you hope they turn out, you're going to catch heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes