PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst managed team in the AFC east?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asante4prez

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
With all these Dolphins fans suddenly on this board, I'd thought I would raise a question: What is the worst managed team in our division?

Clearly judging by their increasingly old defense and the fact they have yet to have a Quarterback with even a hint of athletic ability since Dan freaking Marino, It has to be the dolphins. I was leaning to the Bills but they have made strides in my opinion. The Dolphins on the other hand, drafted an inured slot reciever/kick returner with the ninth pick of the draft, ignoring their glaring need for a qb. Nope they were all set with the Qb position and thought they found the future in a 37 yr old quarterback in the twilight of his career, whose glory days in KC high passing offense are LONG Gone. These moves only reinforced my opinion that not only are the worst manage team in our division, they are now starting to make a case for that title for the entire NFL. It just goes to show....I bet you Merriweather will end up having a better career than Ted Ginn Jr.

:rocker: :rofl:

Last edited:
The Dolphins have at least been in the playoffs in the last five years. I think the worst managed team should clearly go to the Bills. They had this high octane offense (Losman is not THAT bad if you have watched his games) and had a pretty decent defense last year, but yet they did exactly **** with it. Actually, they haven't really done anything since the mid to late 90's. Then, this offseason, they cleared house. They'll be at the basement this year and many years to come.

at least the Bills have Losman. the Phins have failed to develop a qb, failed to sign Brees, and failed to draft Quinn. continued failure to fix the team's most glaring need might by itself win them this title.

at least the Bills have Losman. the Phins have failed to develop a qb, failed to sign Brees, and failed to draft Quinn. continued failure to fix the team's most glaring need might by itself win them this title.

Have you watched any video or tape on John Beck? Give it two more years (he could be starting this year) and Miami will have a stud at QB. Too bad he'll merely be the second best QB in the division.

Depending on when you read this board, it could be the Patriots.

How many threads were there about the Branch situation? How many threads have there been on the Samuel situation? And in those threads, there are always people questioning what the Patriots management is doing, telling them what they should do, and stating why whatever they are doing is wrong.

And I almost forgot, all the players the they should sign or trade for that have slipped through the Patriots managements fingers.

Have you watched any video or tape on John Beck? Give it two more years (he could be starting this year) and Miami will have a stud at QB. Too bad he'll merely be the second best QB in the division.

Too bad he only looked good playing for BYU and the amazing teams they faced...

M I A M I - SI had them winning our division last year and making it to the Superbowl.

With all these Dolphins fans suddenly on this board, I'd thought I would raise a question: What is the worst managed team in our division?

Clearly judging by their increasingly old defense and the fact they have yet to have a Quarterback with even a hint of athletic ability since Dan freaking Marino, It has to be the dolphins. I was leaning to the Bills but they have made strides in my opinion. The Dolphins on the other hand, drafted an inured slot reciever/kick returner with the ninth pick of the draft, ignoring their glaring need for a qb. Nope they were all set with the Qb position and thought they found the future in a 37 yr old quarterback in the twilight of his career, whose glory days in KC high passing offense are LONG Gone. These moves only reinforced my opinion that not only are the worst manage team in our division, they are now starting to make a case for that title for the entire NFL. It just goes to show....I bet you Merriweather will end up having a better career than Ted Ginn Jr.

:rocker: :rofl:

Can you imagine that conversation for getting rid of these players?

GM Mueller: "Okay listen up Jason [Taylor,] Vonnie [Holliday] and Zach [Thomas.] We know that one of you was the MVP last year, the other was the best MLB in football (all-pro team) and the other is an extremely solid contributor, but you're old. You perform better then any one else we'd bring in can, but you're old, so we have to release you."

Who gives a damn how old they are, they're damn good at what they do, that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Too bad he only looked good playing for BYU and the amazing teams they faced...

If that's all you look at, then you have absolutely no ability to evaluate players or talent. Kontradiction makes a very good point, there wasn't a better college QB last year in terms of making NFL throws. Beck doesn't wait for his receivers to get open, he anticipates them becoming open. He throws the ball as hard as any one on short routes and can throw it 55-60 yards through the air. He has all the tools and did a very nice job adapting to a new play book in the minis last weekend. Beck will be a pro-bowl some day, I can almost guarentee that.

Last edited:
All I know, is that it's not my team, so I'll just shut up and be happy!

Has anybody yet contemplated the likelihood that Brady Quinn is going to be a bust? There weren't many quality QBs in this draft class. I still wouldn't have picked Ginn, but doesn't the stage seem set somehow for him to be a top 10 WR in the league? Maybe they pick up a QB next year and have a good tandem for the future.

You could maybe say the Dolphins needed a RB or a good offensive lineman, but Ginn had a good career and the two quality backs were gone by their pick. I don't think Quinn made sense at 9.

If that's all you look at, then you have absolutely no ability to evaluate players or talent. Kontradiction makes a very good point, there wasn't a better college QB last year in terms of making NFL throws. Beck doesn't wait for his receivers to get open, he anticipates them becoming open. He throws the ball as hard as any one on short routes and can throw it 55-60 yards through the air. He has all the tools and did a very nice job adapting to a new play book in the minis last weekend. Beck will be a pro-bowl some day, I can almost guarentee that.

Just like you guranteed Miami would win the division last year.

Why don't you let Beck play a down before you start carving his bust for Canton.

he is very talented in the short passing game, his deep ball still needs work. His arm strength is good not great as you hint. And dont forget that is already 26. That doesnt effect his progression tho

Last edited:
Has anybody yet contemplated the likelihood that Brady Quinn is going to be a bust? There weren't many quality QBs in this draft class. I still wouldn't have picked Ginn, but doesn't the stage seem set somehow for him to be a top 10 WR in the league? Maybe they pick up a QB next year and have a good tandem for the future.

You could maybe say the Dolphins needed a RB or a good offensive lineman, but Ginn had a good career and the two quality backs were gone by their pick. I don't think Quinn made sense at 9.

You are aware Miami drafted a QB in the 2nd round this year right? Why would they take a QB next year? Also, why would they go after a running back. We have one of the 10 best running backs in the NFL right now, no need there.

Just like you guranteed Miami would win the division last year.

Why don't you let Beck play a down before you start carving his bust for Canton.

Why don't you chill out a little bit. It's just my opinion, jeez. Notice I said I can almost guarentee it.

he is very talented in the short passing game, his deep ball still needs work. His arm strength is good not great as you hint. And dont forget that is already 26. That doesnt effect his progression tho

He did run a spread offense last year so it's not like he can't take shots down the field. You are right though, he does need to work on his accuracy down the football field but that will come with time. Being 26 should mean a little more maturity, but I hope he's the starter by next year at 27.

what exactly is an almost gurantee. You either gurante or you dont.

I "almost guarentee" i will marry jessica alba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes