PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst location for a Super Bowl ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not in Indy... but jacksonville was HORRIBLE.

Time to turn in your man card.

If the league based the Super Bowl location on the playoff teams 1-11, there would be no problem. Teams earned "climatic" advantage.

However, if a team is in the Super Bowl as a number 1 seed, they should not be penalized for any weather related situations. As such, the most nuetral conditions should be utilized.

I have noticed that almost all of the NFL network coverage of the Super Bowl is indoors...that's because Indianapolis sucks. Worse than Jacksonville. The parting gift from Bill Polian.

Super Bowls should be played in vacation spots instead of insipid places like Indianapolis or dumps like the New Jersey Meadowlands (I hope it is 20 below for that one). I want to see palm trees and outdoor parties during Super Bowl week...

I dont get this. You , being a Pats fan, should love the idea of Superbowls being played in cold weather cities. Who cares? Does it effect the superbowl? It could. But thats the game of football. This isnt golf, they play in snow and rain. Why should the championship game be any different? I love bad weather football. I liked the Giants 49ers game in the mud and rain. I liked the Tuck Rule game in the snow. Thats football.

You want the Superbowl to be like the probowl, where players are just happy getting a week in a vacation spot all the time?

If the league based the Super Bowl location on the playoff teams 1-11, there would be no problem. Teams earned "climatic" advantage.

However, if a team is in the Super Bowl as a number 1 seed, they should not be penalized for any weather related situations. As such, the most nuetral conditions should be utilized.

Even baseball isn't that wimpy. What does that tell you?

Even baseball isn't that wimpy. What does that tell you?

No other sports have neutral site utilization.

If a warm weather team, is the #1 seed, they would have a negative bias in cold weather.

Wimp has zero to do with it. It's about either giving advantage per earned homefield or eliminating it entirely. Either you get the advantage of elements through earned play (actual home field) or all climate related factors should be eliminated.

They had to bring in cruise ships to serve as hotels because Jacksonville didn't have that many of them.

I've been to Jax. I beleive it's the largest and most spread out city in the US. It's like 880 square miles,but they got to host a SB and we never have. Really?

I've been to Jax. I beleive it's the largest and most spread out city in the US. It's like 880 square miles,but they got to host a SB and we never have. Really?

They got a chance because they had just built that stadium.

No other sports have neutral site utilization.

If a warm weather team, is the #1 seed, they would have a negative bias in cold weather.

Wimp has zero to do with it. It's about either giving advantage per earned homefield or eliminating it entirely. Either you get the advantage of elements through earned play (actual home field) or all climate related factors should be eliminated.

I lean towards the latter of your comment. If you earn it you should get it. Bias has everything to do with media and coporate. College actually has that rule too and I don't think it's right either. Why shouldn't Boise St. get a shot when they go undefeated? It's not right.

I'd be in favor of it being in N.O every single year unless The Saints are in it.

Then have it in Hawaii.

IIRC correctly we built a stadium in '01, but we didn't get one. Instead Jerkell awards one to NY in '14. Fair-not.

Last edited:
I'd be in favor of it being in N.O every single year unless The Saints are in it.

Then have it in Hawaii.

Why not just have it in Kuala Lampur?

The stadium was actually 10 years old for that superbowl. Jacksonville is the largest city area wise in the US. Everything is spread out all over the place.

They play badminton in KL

Great, now we'll have to move it to Guam to satisfy the couch bound masses who wouldn't show up anyway. And BTW badminton is a lot more difficult and athletic then most would think. :)

The stadium was actually 10 years old for that superbowl. Jacksonville is the largest city area wise in the US. Everything is spread out all over the place.

I remember driving thru there and thinking "Does this town ever end?" There wasnt a scysraper anywhere. 95 to RT 10 to 75 to head to the Gulf at Tampa. The one thing on that long ride that made me smile was passing thru Gillette, Fla. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back