PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst location for a Super Bowl ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad NY is getting it and i wish they would send it to Lambeau and Gillette. Put a dress on everyone who fears snow and cold, it's football.

Two questions:

Have they got running water and internet access out in the Fort Wayne area yet?

I'm glad NY is getting it and i wish they would send it to Lambeau and Gillette. Put a dress on everyone who fears snow and cold, it's football.

Now that's what i'm talkin' about. And BTW NE has the the toughest girls in football, hands down. It's not even close. You take your "It's gotta be warm and cozy" and go stuff it. Football is played on the gridiron, not on an ESPN studio booth. Good stuff Ivan.

Why should NO be allowed to host 10 SB? They havent earned the right. You should play for the championship in any type of weather. It's supposed to be warm and comfortable? That's crap. Man up and play a mans game.

The fairest thing to do would be to rotate the SB among all 32 teams, but of course, there are some cities that probably don't want it.

While I am sure Boston proper could handle a Super Bowl event, getting everyone out to Foxboro would require somebody to invest some major $$ to provide shuttle buses, an upgrade to the rickety commuter line train tracks, or some other transportation solution. I for one don't think the community could (or would want to, unless you are a big NFL fan) handle it as things stand.

I wish more SB's were hosted by Houston. Reliant Stadium is a great stadium with amazing natural light as well as a retractable roof to watch the space shuttle's being launched into space. Plus, we still have the historic Astrodome right next to Reliant that could serve greatly for the Superbowl week festivities. Not to mention, Downtown Houston is very well kept up with plenty of places to eat and shop, and you won't get shot! *cough* Detroit *cough*

Anybody but me remember when the Super Bowl was actually about football and not about making sure the mediots and fans fortunate enough to make the trip have somewhere to go play golf and beaches to lounge on? Those were some good days.

The fairest thing to do would be to rotate the SB among all 32 teams, but of course, there are some cities that probably don't want it.

While I am sure Boston proper could handle a Super Bowl event, getting everyone out to Foxboro would require somebody to invest some major $$ to provide shuttle buses, an upgrade to the rickety commuter line train tracks, or some other transportation solution. I for one don't think the community could (or would want to, unless you are a big NFL fan) handle it as things stand.

I respecfully disagree PatsDeb. I've been to Pats Place on several ocassions. They could do it. Is Indy or Detroit or NO really better set up then the best owner in all of sports has us set up? He'd make it happen, just like he made this season happen. I have all the faith in the world in him (along with the angel looking over his shoulder).:)

I wish more SB's were hosted by Houston. Reliant Stadium is a great stadium with amazing natural light as well as a retractable roof to watch the space shuttle's being launched into space. Plus, we still have the historic Astrodome right next to Reliant that could serve greatly for the Superbowl week festivities. Not to mention, Downtown Houston is very well kept up with plenty of places to eat and shop, and you won't get shot! *cough* Detroit *cough*

But the field sucks.

Since 2009, as far as I know, 3 players have torn their ACL on that crappy turf.

The Super Bowl should only be in places that you would want to go for vacation (for a variety of reasons). I have not heard that Indianapolis is a hot vacation spot but Detroit has got to be the worst.

The palm tree rule should apply (and NO even if does not have palm trees). NO is the best but I would think that San Diego would be OK and maybe Tampa. Miami seems a bit too edgy. HI would ideal...

Why should NO be allowed to host 10 SB? They havent earned the right. You should play for the championship in any type of weather. It's supposed to be warm and comfortable? That's crap. Man up and play a mans game.
I might be wrong, but I'm guessing that maybe you've never been to New Orleans.

I respecfully disagree PatsDeb. I've been to Pats Place on several ocassions. They could do it. Is Indy or Detroit or NO really better set up then the best owner in all of sports has us set up? He'd make it happen, just like he made this season happen. I have all the faith in the world in him (along with the angel looking over his shoulder).:)

Indy and NO are set up better because their stadiums are both in downtown areas that have plenty of parking, restaurants, hotels, etc. Didn't go to Detroit, but I don't hear a lot of NFL fans clamoring to go back there. Gillette doesn't have the proper surroundings, IMO, and couple that with the threat of a Nor'easter making an untimely appearance, and you've got a "No Sale" from the NFL.

It should be in New Orleans every year. Perfect place for it in every way.

Actually, those that are there have said that it is worthy of the Superbowl. Sacrilege, I know becausae of the Colts, but NY could be a disaster due to weather.

I have been to NO to answer Jackson (in '97), as far as NO every year why don't we just host it in Rio De Janeiro every year? It's summer there right now and the whimpified masses would be comfortable.

It's already not fair since cold-weather, non-dome teams don't have a chance to host it. Letting one city get all those Super Bowl dollars every year is even more unfair.

Personally, I think the Super Bowl should be on a 32 year rotation. Every city/state with a team gets to host a Super Bowl. If both Super Bowl teams aren't tough enough to handle the elements in say, Foxboro or Green Bay, they shouldn't be playing football. Same thing with the fans. If the SB is in a cold city, bundle up or don't go.

Last edited:
It's already not fair since cold-weather, non-dome teams don't have a chance to host it. Letting one city get all those Super Bowl dollars every year is even more unfair.

Personally, I think the Super Bowl should be on a 32 year rotation. Every city/state with a team gets to host a Super Bowl. If both Super Bowl teams aren't tough enough to handle the elements in say, Foxboro or Green Bay, they shouldn't be playing football. Same thing with the fans. If the SB is in a cold city, bundle up or don't go.

That would be more fair, but I still think the highest seed should still get the game. I agree with the sentiment that the money that comes with hosting the event should go to the the team that earned it and the people that work there.

Last edited:
Agreed. I wish they just kept it to 4 places, Miami, Tampa, SD, and NO. I went to the SB's in Jax and Houston and those were terrible choices.

I thought San Diego was permanently out of contention due to the stadium?

The stadium is the first, second, and third most important consideration if it isn't gifted like Jax.

The Super Bowl should be played indoors. So New Orleans, Atlanta, Arizona, and Houston (retractable?) are good choices.

Detroit is depressing but the surrounding areas are nice and Ford Field sets the standard for stadiums.

Besides if Indy was that bad, they would have moved the Combine from there.

I thought San Diego was permanently out of contention due to the stadium?

The stadium is the first, second, and third most important consideration if it isn't gifted like Jax.

The Super Bowl should be played indoors. So New Orleans, Atlanta, Arizona, and Houston (retractable?) are good choices.

Detroit is depressing but the surrounding areas are nice and Ford Field sets the standard for stadiums.

Besides if Indy was that bad, they would have moved the Combine from there.

Time to turn in your man card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing