PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

worst gm of all time (nfl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWorldChamps

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
snyder? millen? casserly? the dude who picked leaf? the brainchild who wanted ron mexico? the moron who traded for rivers?
have some nuts and speak your thoughts....

Last edited:
Bobby Grier?

In recent times, Millen may be the worst of the bunch.

Over history I'm sure we could find someone from the Cardinals to nominate.

manatee said:
Bobby Grier?

In recent times, Millen may be the worst of the bunch.

Over history I'm sure we could find someone from the Cardinals to nominate.

Great 1st post...I'm sure there are facts to backup others...but from where we sit...Grier takes the cake.

A strong argument could be made for Tom "I Love Stars" Donahue former Bills GM.

How about the Colt GM that took Elway in the draft, despite Elway stating he would play baseball before playing for the Colts, and then trading Elway for Chris Hinton?????

PatsWorldChamps said:
snyder? millen? casserly? the dude who picked leaf? the brainchild who wanted ron mexico? the moron who traded for rivers?
have some nuts and speak your thoughts....

I like Millen's recent move of firing his coach over a QB disagreement, then cutting the QB in question... nice!
But I wouldn't disrespect Greir's legacy by not stating that he also, really sucked. How many guys was he right on?

until recently, I think the FO from Cincinnati should receive special recognition...

Flying Fungi said:
until recently, I think the FO from Cincinnati should receive special recognition...

I think their problem was more apathy than stupidity. I'm sure it was a healthy combination of the two but I would lean more toward apathy.

Bobby Grier - didn't he have one draft where almost every choice was bad (the Chris Canty draft?)

1 Chris Canty 29 CB Kansas State

2 Brandon Mitchell 59 DT Texas A&M

3a Sedrick Shaw 61 RB Iowa (> NY Jets in comp for Bill Parcells)

3b Chris Carter 89 FS Texas

4a Damon Denson 97 G Michigan (> NY Jets in comp for Parcells)

4b Ed Ellis 125 T Buffalo

5 Vernon Crawford 159 OLB Florida State

6 Tony Gaiter 192 WR Miami (Fla.)

7 Scott Rehberg 230 G Central Michigan

I vote for millen... 3 WR's in three years! and not one of them is producing?

Millen should be hanged...Mike Brown (I don't know who their GM was in the 80's, but he was terrible), the Bidwells (their GM also is really bad), Booby Grier is stinky for sure, Snyders guy is bad (forgot his name), Jerky Jones was a terrible talent picker, noone knew that Ryan Leaf was going to turn out that bad...but Bobby Beartherd (sp) should be caned for it. Shanahan isn't very good at all either. I could do better.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the Vikings GM who traded something like 6 picks for Hershel Walker.

Yes. Another idiot. The Cowboys ethically stole 3 superbowl rings from them.

Also, I like this guy, but Mike Ditka. Trade away a whole draft for Ricky Williams. WTF????

The Redskins, who got the gift from Ditka...didn't really do all that much with those picks either (as far as superbowl rings).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back