PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst fans in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
They win 3 superbowls, and the second anything doesn't go perfectly, a huge crowd of spoiled brats emerges and start complaining and crying. Kraft's fault! Should have kept branch! Brady sucks! OMG THE SKY IS FALLING.

I'm embarrassed to have a lot of you as fellow fans. You aren't worthy of the Patriots. If Brady never wins another game, he still has my gratitude and admiration. Ditto Kraft and Bellichick. They all have earned it.

I'm glad I left the doom and gloom construction-site city of Boston for the west coast. I'm glad I can watch the games on direct tv away from your pessimism and negativity.

Those of you who are bashing this team ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

i tend to agree. i've never experienced any teams fanbase have such a negativity towards their team after a loss

everytime we lose.."bench Brady!" "fire him.." "cut him" "are we overrated?"

a loss is a loss. i'll admit i've agreed on few things saying playcalling has been bad in win or lose but i've never given up. i've crictized and pointed out some problems but not the way i've seen others do it

people turn the tide so much. its fine to say..we did this bad..lets move no but we have a long effect and people just seem spoiled

Many Pats fans are fickle and spoiled, that much is obvious. But success has bred interest, and Pats fans have become more knowledgeable, and now know when we are watching sub-par football, because we have seen football played at its ideal level for years. As long as the analysis is reasonable and doesn't involve "benching Brady" or "blaming the Krafts" or "wishing Adam V. were here... he would really help!", there is room for criticism. If Pats fans were really bad fans, which WE ARE NOT, we would smile and take it, like lemmings from other, less fortunate locales, pretending that what we are seeing is good enough. No... we actually BELIEVE BB when he looked at Urban Meyer and said, "In New England we're all about winning Super Bowls"... and so we hold them to that self-proclaimed standard...:) If you want to hear real criticism, talk to Steeler fans, or Philadelphia fans, about their teams. It'll curl your hair...

Last edited:
Oh I agree -- there is always room for criticism.

But there's no need for this pessimistic claptrap about how the season is over and everyone should be fired etc etc... sigh.

They're clearly going through a bit of a down period. That is to be expected. They'll find what they need and improve.

Snarf said:
Oh I agree -- there is always room for criticism.

But there's no need for this pessimistic claptrap about how the season is over and everyone should be fired etc etc... sigh.

They're clearly going through a bit of a down period. That is to be expected. They'll find what they need and improve.
I think it's just a small percentage of people saying the extreme things, and some of them are kidding. But, hey, that's what message boards are for, i.e., for people to scratch their heads and try to find reasons why. Otherwise, it would be a lot of 'well, we lost, hope we do better next week.' You have to reach for the implausible, like, let's say, not giving a former #1 draft pick and four time pro bowler his job back and instead continuing with a sixth round draft choice.

I think people may be overly critical because they want the team to win so badly and they just cant accept it when they dont.Is that really a bad way to be?

The writers and radio folk are all about the ratings - a few losses and a little conspiracy is great for the entertainment business. They sell newspapers and advertising as they whip the fan base into a frenzy.

Enjoy it - savor it all.

Patriots have the spotlight and people care for the first decade after four previous miserable decades. We are the team of the 2,000's and this run is far from over.

Let's say Brady / BB / Seymour play and stay together another 5 years and win 2 more Supebowls....that will mean the greatest team of all time.

I love this team and this run - which is far from done.

fgssand said:
The writers and radio folk are all about the ratings - a few losses and a little conspiracy is great for the entertainment business. They sell newspapers and advertising as they whip the fan base into a frenzy.

Enjoy it - savor it all.

Patriots have the spotlight and people care for the first decade after four previous miserable decades. We are the team of the 2,000's and this run is far from over.

Let's say Brady / BB / Seymour play and stay together another 5 years and win 2 more Supebowls....that will mean the greatest team of all time.

I love this team and this run - which is far from done.

If our front office continues to be cheap when it comes to signing impact players, instead opting for the Monte Beisels of the world and if we continue to draft heavy on 2 positions (DL and TE) and continue to neglect positions such as LB or WR then i believe this dynasty will be over. This season has looked like we are slipping back into mediocrity, i seen it with Nebraska when the recruiting went downhill. I seen it during the Pete Carroll years when we continued to draft CRAP, and i see it right now. We MUST hit on both of our first round picks next year and sign GOOD players in free agency. We are further away from the Indys and SDs and Denvers than we were last year. Something has to be doon soon or we will be Just another team in a weak AFC East

Patskers said:
If our front office continues to be cheap when it comes to signing impact players, instead opting for the Monte Beisels of the world and if we continue to draft heavy on 2 positions (DL and TE) and continue to neglect positions such as LB or WR then i believe this dynasty will be over. This season has looked like we are slipping back into mediocrity, i seen it with Nebraska when the recruiting went downhill. I seen it during the Pete Carroll years when we continued to draft CRAP, and i see it right now. We MUST hit on both of our first round picks next year and sign GOOD players in free agency. We are further away from the Indys and SDs and Denvers than we were last year. Something has to be doon soon or we will be Just another team in a weak AFC East

How bad have the last two draft classes been?

Funny because the Giants just lost one game (to a very good team) and everyone I know who are fans of that team feel the sky is falling on them. It's just the nature of fandom, the only difference is we're now used to winning and we've come to expect it.

Snarf said:
They win 3 superbowls, and the second anything doesn't go perfectly, a huge crowd of spoiled brats emerges and start complaining and crying. Kraft's fault! Should have kept branch! Brady sucks! OMG THE SKY IS FALLING.

I'm embarrassed to have a lot of you as fellow fans. You aren't worthy of the Patriots. If Brady never wins another game, he still has my gratitude and admiration. Ditto Kraft and Bellichick. They all have earned it.

I'm glad I left the doom and gloom construction-site city of Boston for the west coast. I'm glad I can watch the games on direct tv away from your pessimism and negativity.

Those of you who are bashing this team ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Good post. It is worth saying that the criticism of teams is not limited to New England or American sports fans. It is frustrating and depressing to have losses to teams like the Jets but it is a strength of sport that it is unpredictable.It is clear that a lot of the more vociferous critics haven't seen a truly poor Patriots team yet. I suggest that they follow a different sport because the very nature of the NFL is designed to stop teams remaining at the top for ever.

primetime said:
Funny because the Giants just lost one game (to a very good team) and everyone I know who are fans of that team feel the sky is falling on them. It's just the nature of fandom, the only difference is we're now used to winning and we've come to expect it.

What's wrong with expecting good things from the team you follow? The people on these boards always bag on people who expect the Pats to win every week. They treat the 3 Superbowls as if that's all this franchise will ever get so we should enjoy them and shut up. Then they bring up how crappy the team was for 40 some-odd years as if that has any bearing on the Pats recent string of success. I hate to tell you but these aren't your dad's or granddad's Patriots. I, for one, have fond memories of the SB seasons and I watch the "3 Games to Glory" DVD's every once in a while. And, yes, I remeber the days when the Pats were a joke.

The Pats are lucky to have a solid fan base that cares about their team. That's where the gripes and "whines" are coming from. The team is struggling right now and people are wondering why. We aren't getting any info out of BB, TB or anyone else in the organization and it can be maddening at times. All we can do is watch the games and speculate. That's the function of these boards...to vent a little frustration when the team is struggling and to share the joy when they win.

I'm fustrated by the Pats but I will continue to support them even if I gripe a little bit.

Every season is a new one. Every one wants there team to win. Every teams fans are the same, if your losing, your mad, if you are winning your glad, its a fact about sports and there fans. Your the only one who seems like you dont care about the pats losing. What did you crack open some champagne after the pats lost to the pathetic jets. Your the one scared to face the truth that this team is struggling, and brady is playing with his head in his ass. If people are bashing the team, it dont mean they dont respect what the pats and brady have done in the past.

You know, reading all these threads where people defend their Pats bashing after losses by saying those who would advocate a calmer reaction "don't care" about the losing irritates me a great deal. There is quite a large difference between "not caring about losses" (or should I say cracking open a bottle of champagne after losses?) and screaming that we need to see Cassel, everyone should be fired and the entire Kraft family is to blame. The posters who are angry about the bashers are angry about THOSE bashers, not the ones who thoughtfully post about our issues and what they think we could maybe do to turn it around.

<< The posters who are angry about the bashers are angry about THOSE bashers, not the ones who thoughtfully post about our issues and what they think we could maybe do to turn it around. >>

Absolutely --

This thread is pointed directly at THOSE bashers, not at thoughtful posters. Sadly, there seem to be a fairly large number of those bashers.

I agree that offensive play calling has been poor, and even some of the defensive game plans haven't make a lot of sense. There is always room for mature discussion about things that could be improved.

But as it currently stands, the Pats are a WINNING team, LEADING their division. It's absolutely ridiculous to be bashing anyone in the Patriots organization.

Good teams are going to lose games. Good teams are going to have off-months, off-seasons even. It's the nature of the sport and just goes to show how absolutely amazing and unprecedented the strength of the Pats over the last 5 years has been.

Snarf said:
<< The posters who are angry about the bashers are angry about THOSE bashers, not the ones who thoughtfully post about our issues and what they think we could maybe do to turn it around. >>

Absolutely --

This thread is pointed directly at THOSE bashers, not at thoughtful posters. Sadly, there seem to be a fairly large number of those bashers.

I agree that offensive play calling has been poor, and even some of the defensive game plans haven't make a lot of sense. There is always room for mature discussion about things that could be improved.

But as it currently stands, the Pats are a WINNING team, LEADING their division. It's absolutely ridiculous to be bashing anyone in the Patriots organization.

Good teams are going to lose games. Good teams are going to have off-months, off-seasons even. It's the nature of the sport and just goes to show how absolutely amazing and unprecedented the strength of the Pats over the last 5 years has been.

As you are a new poster here, I am glad to see you are not a chicken little! :D

We need all the help around here we can get trying to keep it real.

It must be fantastic to live in a world of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. I'll tell you what gets to me...the fans that immediatley jump down someones throat the second they voice an opinion that veers from the party line. It doesn't make you a bad fan to voice an opinion that isn't flattering to your team. I'd like to think that this team is going to win the Super Bowl again this year. Let's face it, we're all spoiled. But, the cold, hard truth is that at Game 9 in this season, this team is, in no way, shape or form, anywhere near a championship caliber football team. Place the blame wherever you'd like but it doesn't change the facts. The O-line has not gelled, the secondary is atrocious, the linebackers are old and playing like it, the play calling has been puzzling (to say the least) and unimaginative to the nth degree, game planning (with several exceptions) has been uninspired and rigid and surprise! Now we find out that Tom Brady is actually human and capable of having a bad season. I'd like nothing more than to see them turn this around starting in Green Bay. They have before...but to expect the same to happen now or in the future because it has happened in the past is borderline insanity. Belichick has said it many times; every year's team is different and expectations have to be based on what you have to put on the field today, not in 2001, 2003 or 2004. Maybe they will turn it around. But realistically, based on the evidence we have as of today, not gonna happen. So, if not believing in a miracle turn around based on what we've seen from this team so far makes me a band wagon jumper or some other kind of "bad" fan, so be it.

oldskool138 said:
What's wrong with expecting good things from the team you follow? The people on these boards always bag on people who expect the Pats to win every week. They treat the 3 Superbowls as if that's all this franchise will ever get so we should enjoy them and shut up. Then they bring up how crappy the team was for 40 some-odd years as if that has any bearing on the Pats recent string of success. I hate to tell you but these aren't your dad's or granddad's Patriots. I, for one, have fond memories of the SB seasons and I watch the "3 Games to Glory" DVD's every once in a while. And, yes, I remeber the days when the Pats were a joke.

I don't know how you got that from my post. I was just pointing out that every team's fans get upset when their teams lose and how in the old days, we were just happy to get a win. Now we expect a win and get real frustrated when the Patriots lose, especially with so much talent.

personally i am very positive about our team for some reasons. the first is that normally in those years the teams responded always well when needed and what we have received like fans in these years it is simply amazing.

the 'right' critics that i read are anyway accepted, if they do not reach a bottom level.

i do not know if we are the worst fans in the NFL but probably we are now
in a position when after many victories you always expect the maximum, the best and in the actual NFL this is extremely difficult, probably impossible.

what the Pats have done since this period is unexpected as the NFL 'wants' the parity.

now after 2 losses it was quite obvious to read negative comments - i am not surprised at all...

we thought to have allready won the Afc East , wich seed we should have had...too early in the NFL...

let's only think now at Green Bay (i want a W there !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back