PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst defense in the league...how is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Welcome to the same old Pats DEFENSE: Nonaggressive, Boring, Carbon copy

Awesome thread. Great analysis here...should quit your job and start writing for espn

That wouldn't be much of a stretch given how awful ESPN is these days :lol2:

But I get your point. :lol2:

Last edited:
The bottom line is that people aren't getting what they want, which is a shut down defense, so their answer is to find the easiest scapegoat possible. The current trend is to blame the safeties instead of the pass rush.

Explain to me how much James Sanders and Meriweather would have helped. Meriweather wasn't even able to make the team, and Sanders wasn't worth $3 million to anyone.

Both were starters on the 3rd worst pass defense in 2010. But all of a sudden, the pass defense sucks because of the new safeties?

Is that because you've watched the current safeties play and compared that last year's safeties, or is it because you personally dislike the idea of cutting two familiar veterans?

I'm betting that the real reason is much closer to the latter.

This is your front 5 DE and OLB's, the guys counted on delivering the pressure

Cunningham - injured and has shown nothing
Spikes - attitude
Ninkovich - Waiver wire claim from 2009
Ellis - 34 and nothing left in tank
Carter - dumped by one of the worst D of 2010, Redskins
Anderson - could not make it on Texans and Bears 4-3 last year.

These guys are CFL and Arena football material. Relax, you only have 13 more weeks to their talents to enjoy in 2011.

But hey, you know these are a lot more "safer" bets than say taking a risk in the drafting on Matthews, Tamba Hali, Karlos Dansby, Laurinitis. We can always pickup their clones in Rd 2-5 like kareem Brown, Marquise Hill, Shawn Crable, or McKenzie.

The Patriots haven't had a good defense in years. Maybe if we stopped trading down to get "value" and took the best defensive players on the board (see Clay Matthews) our defense would be better.

Hate to say it, but this team isn't going anywhere unless this team makes gigantic leaps on defense.

I'm going to fight the next person that mentions Clay Matthews on their front lawn.

BB has consistently taken productive, "safe" players in the first round, and the results have been generally excellent as compared with those teams that go for the boom or bust player. Clay Matthews was a one year wonder at USC and there was and is SIGNIFICANT concern that he is a major PED user. Too many question marks for a first rounder in many people's view. Congrats to the packers for taking a gamble that turned out well, but that's exactly what it was.

I'm going to fight the next person that mentions Clay Matthews on their front lawn.

BB has consistently taken productive, "safe" players in the first round, and the results have been generally excellent as compared with those teams that go for the boom or bust player. Clay Matthews was a one year wonder at USC and there was and is SIGNIFICANT concern that he is a major PED user. Too many question marks for a first rounder in many people's view. Congrats to the packers for taking a gamble that turned out well, but that's exactly what it was.

O.K., Clay Matthews is on my Front Lawn :)

Spikes - attitude

These guys are CFL and Arena football material. Relax, you only have 13 more weeks to their talents to enjoy in 2011.

But hey, you know these are a lot more "safer" bets than say taking a risk in the drafting on Matthews, Tamba Hali, Karlos Dansby, Laurinitis. We can always pickup their clones in Rd 2-5 like kareem Brown, Marquise Hill, Shawn Crable, or McKenzie.

Tell me, Ignorant Jets Troll, what do Karlos Dansby and Laurinitis or Spikes have to do with rushing the passer???

It is what it is. Don't worry we have the defensive genius coaching the team.

It is what it is. Don't worry we have the defensive genius coaching the team.

I hope so. I calmed down thinking that and that if we get back most of the injured guys, this loss may end up being very valuable in the end.

Spikes - attitude

These guys are CFL and Arena football material.

Karlos Dansby, Kareem Brown, Marquise Hill, and Tyrone McKenzie are supposed to be pass rushers? Oookay. Whatever you say, dude.

Drafting is pretty easy when you do it years after the fact. :rolleyes:

Relax, you only have 13 more weeks to their talents to enjoy in 2011.
You're right--unlike you, I enjoy watching the Patriots.

Last edited:
Tell me, Ignorant Jets Troll, what do Karlos Dansby and Laurinitis or Spikes have to do with rushing the passer???

See there you go making yourself look like a certifiable dumbass. Show me one iota of proof I claim to be a Jet fan.

If you can't figure what I'm talking about go do some homework and read the threads, then come back

If you can't figure what I'm talking about go do some homework and read the threads, then come back

We have done our HW...you are negative on every single post no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back