PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worst and best Patriot names ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could make Bruschi better? Playing next to Freddie Roach in a game or two...

Rohan Davey is another favorite, but basically I just like Tolkein.

QB **** Shiner is another that comes to mind.

How can it get better than Tatupu and Bruschi?

Tom Brady is essentially the ideal name for a quarterback. Name waspy AF? Check. Went to "The Midwest Ivy" because real athletes don't go to actual Ivy's? Check. Is reserved, team-first, and offensively humble? Check. Tom Brady is the perfect name for a quarterback. It's like Peyton Manning; only from a family that descended from people who won the second revolution and find it uncouth to give their children a name more fit for a horse. Horse irony not missed.

Even though he is a bottom 50% player, Brandon Spikes, complete with full sleeves and chat roulette video with a fatherloather is a pretty ideal name for an inside linebacker.

Last edited:
Tedy Bruschi. Seriously, while the spelling is different, the guy's last name is slang for beer. It don't get any better than that.
It does seem a natural. The only downside to that is Tedy had a drinking problem in his early years and abstains from alcohol, so he never capitalized on it commercially.

I'll go with Butts and Gash. Max Lane probably had the best name ever for an offensive lineman, though.

Last edited:
Bruschi is definitely one of my favorite names as well as players. Some other cool names, Richard "****" Seymore, Roman Phifer, Logan Mankins. Tebucky Jones!

Always liked the law firm, Benjarvis Green-Ellis. Randall Gay was a funny name too.

Tom Brady is essentially the ideal name for a quarterback. Name waspy AF? Check. Went to "The Midwest Ivy" because real athletes don't go to actual Ivy's? Check. Is reserved, team-first, and offensively humble? Check. Tom Brady is the perfect name for a quarterback. It's like Peyton Manning; only from a family that descended from people who won the second revolution and find it uncouth to give their children a name more fit for a horse. Horse irony not missed.

Even though he is a bottom 50% player, Brandon Spikes, complete with full sleeves and chat roulette video with a fatherloather is a pretty ideal name for an inside linebacker.

The McBrady clan disagrees with your description of Tom as a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

Who are the Tom Brady Ancestors? Tom Brady Sr.'s family line emigrated to the United States from Ireland in the mid 1850s, during the potato famine. His mother Galynn P. Brady was born and raised in Minnesota where her family settled after arriving to America from Germany and Prussia about the same time the Brady's landed in California.

http://www.makemyfamilytree.com/articles/tom_brady_family_tree_and_biography.html

MI-Brady-Clan-Irish-Crest.jpg

Irish derivation: Mac Bradaigh

Name meaning: "Son of the spirited one"

Counties associated with the name: Leitrim, Dublin, Armagh, Meath, Longford, Tyrone, Cavan

Coat of arms motto: "The right hand is clear."

That's bizarre

http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/genealogy/the-brady-clan-237353791.html

I stand entirely corrected, but that level of stalker thoroughness is deeply unsettling. If I were him I would be building a wall fit to keep out white walkers and a moat long enough to drown a whale.

I stand entirely corrected, but that level of stalker thoroughness is deeply unsettling. If I were him I would be building a wall fit to keep out white walkers and a moat long enough to drown a whale.

It's a hobby for me, but i admit i never looked up a coat of arms to find a hand pointing toward the sun with the motto "the right hand is clear."

Of course "son of the spirited one", fits too.

Last edited:
He's not pointing at it. He just threw it.

I always thought the combination "Lawyer" Milloy, and Ty "Law" were just fantastic.

All great names. I'll go back to the AFL days and throw in Houston Antwine, Lennie St. Jean, and short time Patriot (and former Jet) Bake Turner. Always liked former Raider Ike Lassiter. One name I hated was former #1 pick Phil Olson. The bastard refused to play for the Patriots. I'll have to double-check, but I think he was a top five pick.

Teddy "Let's all have another" Bruschi
"Dr." Bill Lienkatis
Sam "Bam" the fumble man" (Cunnigham)
TeBucky Jones (would hold "cult hero" status if not for Willie Mac's holding penalty in SB36)

Aaron Hernandez is probably the worst name i associate with the patriots.

Zoltan Mesko that's just a cool name.

Are we counting nicknames?

(Jim Lee) Earthquake Hunt
(Mike) Cat Ballou
(Bob) Harpo Gladieux

If Randall Gay had been nicknamed "Randy", we'd have a winner right there.

As for good names -- Sam Gash was the one with the name explaining what he did, although "Bash" would have been even more accurate.

Will-fork has a slightly too-apt name.

Other names that come to mind: Lovett Purnell, Vagas Furgeson, Pio Sagapoltele, Tom Beer, **** Conn, Prentice McCray
clarke.jpg
My clans crest is bizzare as well. A pissed off arm with a sword coming out of the head. I guess that means we're all f**kin crazy but love leafy things as well. Irish. Do we really need to explain ourselves?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back