Welcome to PatsFans.com

Worse than the AFC championship ending!!!

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by theONLYJerseypatsfan, Jun 10, 2007.

1. theONLYJerseypatsfan

theONLYJerseypatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Im sorry, I didnt know where to post this so forgive me Mods...

Anyone who watched the sopranos finale and thought that was a good episode should be ashamed of themselves!!!!! They are nothing but enablers! In fact I blame YOU for enabling Chase to give us such a bad ending...I have never seen such a terrible show get soo much oohs and ahhs. What do you expect when the writers give you nothing but tony dreaming and you exclaim like it was the greatest thing ever!

WORST EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! David Chase, you should be ashamed of yourself. I want the name of the person who REALLY started this show.

Im gonna try and sleep this off......god what a disappointment! I guess I should be happy....life must be good if Im this upset over a series finale.
  2. skri65

skri65 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I was dissapointed, too.
  3. BigMike

BigMike PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

the blank 10 seconds before final credits was a joke - we sensed they would end it like this, though to leave room for a movide down the road.
  4. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Complete garbage. There was no reason to expect more after 5 straight seasons of mediocre to terrible episodes. They ended on terrible.

Hard to believe there were actually people in the Mangini thread this week trying to say this was still a great show.
  5. patriotsdynasty12189

patriotsdynasty12189 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What happened? Did Eric Mangini eat him?
  6. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Can someone give a quick re-cap? They won't show the final season here for years, probably. They're way behind.
  7. SWelker

SWelker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Terrible, just terrible.
  8. theONLYJerseypatsfan

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You want a recap?? Heres your recap.....NOTHING HAPPENED!
  9. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Here it is - " "

Seriously, that is essentially what happenned in the finale.
  10. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

I think it actually ended perfectly, there was simply nothing left to say, nothing else they could do, nothing to see there..............no mas.
  11. theONLYJerseypatsfan

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You should be ashamed of yourself
  12. Patjew

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

No one died???

Chase has long said he knew from the beginning how the show would end. This makes no sense.
  13. RI Pats Fan

RI Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I couldn't agree more. Chase could've gone so many directions and all of them would've been better than what he put out there tonight. The writing has been horrible for at least two whole seasons so the ending fits

The Shield in the same timespan has kept the writing crisp and the plots engaging.

There must've been somebody who left David Chase's staff in year four who was really the brain behind all this I figure (Kidding... I think)
  14. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

[​IMG]
    Yup! And he was good too!
  15. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

My wife is a huge fan, but as a distracted watcher, even I expected more. It ended with the family at a local diner with lots of shots of "possible" persona that could off Tony and his family. The director cut the scene without fade out, music, etc, and left about 10 seconds of black screen and no sound till the credits rolled.

Made you think your cable went out...I got a chuckle from my wifes reaction :)
  16. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Yeah, sure you didn't...

The PatsFans.com Pub (14 Viewing)

The place where you can come in, sit down, and talk about life outside of football. Talk about your favorite band, music, food, TV show, whatever. Pull up a chair and come on in!
  17. Patjew

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Thanks for answering. Sounds weak.
  18. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

was it worse than the Seinfeld finale?
  19. bishbash

bishbash Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

http://www.mercurynews.com/tv/ci_6109816
    "In the end, the only ending that mattered was the one masterminded by "Sopranos" creator David Chase. And playing against viewer expectation, as always, Chase refused to stage a mass extermination, or put the characters through any major transformation, or even provide his viewers with comfortable closure.

The most decisive development: Phil was crushed. But there were few other tidy resolutions ..........................

Not that Chase (who wrote and directed this episode) didn't tease the viewer with the threat of death in almost every scene.

This was never more true than in the final sequence. On the surface, it was nothing more momentous than Tony, his wife, Carmela (Edie Falco), as well as Meadow and A.J. meeting for dinner at a cozy family restaurant.

When he arrived, Tony dropped a coin in the jukebox to play the classic Journey power ballad "Don't Stop Believing." Meanwhile, every moment seemed to foreshadow a disaster: Suspicious-looking people coming in the door or sitting at a nearby table. Meadow on the street having trouble parallel parking her car. With every passing second, the audience was primed for tragedy. It was a scene both warm and fuzzy, yet full of dread. It set every viewer's heart racing, for no clear reason.

But nothing would happen, just a family gathering for dinner at a restaurant. Four people among many.

But then, with a jingle of the bell from the front door opening, Tony looked up, apparently seeing Meadow make her delayed entrance. Or could he have seen something awful, something her certainly deserved, about to come down?

Probably not. Almost certainly a false alarm. But we'll never know. With that, "The Sopranos" cut to black, leaving us nourished after eight years. And flustered. And fated to always wonder what happens next."
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  20. Patjew

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Thanks. That stinks.