PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worse than Easterbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
I honestly think that the media is trying to discourage players from taking less money to play with the Pats by starting this massive propaganda campaign against them. I know I should just ignore this garbage but it's everywhere even in the stupid fantasy columns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=berry_matthew

TRUM: Reacting to Sunday ... and your posts
posted: Monday, October 29, 2007 | Print Entry

By Matthew Berry

Thoughts, Ramblings, Useless information and Musings for Monday, October 29, 2007.

He's the Gooch.

As I drove home last night after watching my Redskins get destroyed by New England, I realized that Bill Belichick is the "Gooch."

For those of you who managed to escape your childhood without watching "Diff'rent Strokes," the Gooch was the bully who tormented Arnold (Gary Coleman) at his school, and numerous references were made to him. And that's who Belichick is. The school bully.

That is actually kind of funny to be calling BB the "Gooch." Arnold was terrified of him. I think he should have called BB the "Wizard of Ozz!"
As for the Gooch, we def have a bunch on this team(Harrison, AD, Moss, Brady, etc.)

I can live with it.

Lmao, why would you even consider reading Mathew Berry? The guy got a job because he sat at his computer playing fantasy football a lot. He doesn't know jack about real football.

And here's something that is pissing me off in todays media, especially when covering the Pats this year: "But on Joe Gibbs? Arguably the classiest head coach in football? Hall of Famer, devout family man, non-trash-talker Joe Gibbs?"
Devout family man...this is football, not personal. What does how the opposing coach treats his family have anything to do with how much you beat his team by?
(Not to mention Belichick is very committed to his family as well. I used to see him every saturday at his kids' high school football games. He was even at a game that was up in New Hampshire on a freezing dreary day before a big game)

And here's something that is pissing me off in todays media, especially when covering the Pats this year: "But on Joe Gibbs? Arguably the classiest head coach in football? Hall of Famer, devout family man, non-trash-talker Joe Gibbs?"
Devout family man...this is football, not personal. What does how the opposing coach treats his family have anything to do with how much you beat his team by?
(Not to mention Belichick is very committed to his family as well. I used to see him every saturday at his kids' high school football games. He was even at a game that was up in New Hampshire on a freezing dreary day before a big game)

This reminds me of Colin Cowherd mocking Belichick's divorce and personal life for years. He and his wife have a 1 year old and they end up getting divorced. I bet he wouldn't like it if I judged him for that, not a bit. Hard to fathom how a couple with a 1 year old can call it quits.

Funny how he didn't have a problem with it until they played his team. I talked to 2 guys at work today that said the same things that were Skins fans. They are just being babies, it's not like they are going to get 2 losses because of it or that anything substantial that will change their season. I love godfrey saying that he hopes he sees the pats again though, that was great.
Why?
So you can get your ass wooped again??

I honestly think that the media is trying to discourage players from taking less money to play with the Pats by starting this massive propaganda campaign against them. I know I should just ignore this garbage but it's everywhere even in the stupid fantasy columns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=berry_matthew

TRUM: Reacting to Sunday ... and your posts
posted: Monday, October 29, 2007 | Print Entry

By Matthew Berry

Thoughts, Ramblings, Useless information and Musings for Monday, October 29, 2007.

He's the Gooch.

As I drove home last night after watching my Redskins get destroyed by New England, I realized that Bill Belichick is the "Gooch."

For those of you who managed to escape your childhood without watching "Diff'rent Strokes," the Gooch was the bully who tormented Arnold (Gary Coleman) at his school, and numerous references were made to him. And that's who Belichick is. The school bully.

How Gay!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.:eek:

Speaking of Easterbrook... no article yet this morning? How interesting..

"SG: In Belichick's defense, he might be trying to recoup the money from his $500,000 fine. If he bets $33,000 a week on the Pats, he could potentially break even after Week 17. I hope this happens if only for Gregg Easterbrook's reaction afterward."

I hope his head exploded after this game.

I think this column confirms my earlier opinion that ESPN has taken a corporate position on spygate. I can easily ignore Easterbrook, even though I once enjoyed his never-ending columns when he worked for NFL.com. Since then he has degenerated into a rambling leering bigot. Berry appears to be heading in the same direction, with loose assertions, dissembling accusations and vitriolic hyperbole.

I hope the ESPN ombudsman picks Berry up on this sentence alone:

"The Patriots cheated to the point that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell gave them the worst penalty he could".

which infers that the Patriots did more than just videotape from the wrong position, more than just steal signals, and through an later inference more than just interrupt the visiting teams connection from press box to the coaches on the sidelines. All ladelled on without a scrap of evidence or authority.

Between Berry and Easterbrook, ESPN has to be treading a thin line between sensationalism and libel.

Even Bill Simmons, a self confessed Boston sports nut, appears to be caught in the corporate message. Since September he has constantly referred to the Patriots as cheaters. Sad really, when the corporate machine is so strongly biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back