PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worry About the jets in free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets can have Tully Banta Cain. Heck, I'll even drive him to the bus depot.

The Jets will sign Graham and mabe a few other Pats that are on the way out but ya they have some money and Belichick JR knows from the master how to get players

The Jets are the reason the Pats had to franchise Asante Samuel.

The Jets made a tremendous improvement last year. If the Pats fall

asleep in free agency and the Jets are very active, the gap between

the teams will close even further.

The Jets are the reason the Pats had to franchise Asante Samuel.

The Jets made a tremendous improvement last year. If the Pats fall

asleep in free agency and the Jets are very active, the gap between

the teams will close even further.

The Jets did improve a lot last year. It's to their credit and Mangini's that the improvement was so marked. They'll be facing a bigger challenge this year I think in maintaining it. Teams will be more aware of them - see the Pats wild card game against the Jets. They were more than ready for what the Jets had to offer. I wouldn't be surprised to see them find it much tougher this year.

It puts some perspective on how tough it is to do what the Pats have done in the last 6 - 7 years. To be consistently good in the NFL is very, very difficult.

The jets also screwed themselves in the draft by outplaying their talent by alot. They're not going to get the elite prospect that they desparately need.

$30M buys a lot of talent. Also, they can trade up if necessary.

The jets also screwed themselves in the draft by outplaying their talent by alot. They're not going to get the elite prospect that they desparately need.

$30M buys a lot of talent. Also, they can trade up if necessary.

Anyone can trade up for a price. And they don't have $30M they currently are estimated to have $28M less the $9M in incentives coming due for Noodle. Just like we had $26M less Asante's tag but before adding in our $6M in LTBE's. So pending restructures (which everyone can also do and they did a lot of last season) and possible further adjustments for LTBE or more likely NLTBE's they have around $19M and we should have around $24M. Several other teams have that much and more. Eric won't be competing with us for players, he'll be competing with the big spenders. Let them all have at it. We didn't win 3 of the last 6 by overpaying to acquire name talent. We team built around a lot of lesser knowns who end up not so lesser known or lightly thought of once we coach them up here.

I really think the mud bowl unnerved you where Mangini & Co. are concerned. Try focusing on the other two matchups in the regular and post season. Aside from Cumar the JETS had a relatively injury free first season, including the fragile QB who played like a man posessed and still that barely got them into the playoffs. I don't think Chad can maintain at that level indefinitely. I think the JETS overachieved in a weak schedule for a first year HC. They have always been a team that plays on emotion, that was what Herm made his bread and butter on, but emotional teams play inconsistently - as the JETS did under Eric too. Who knows whether they can maintain much above .500 - they couldn't with Herm - and they could easily take a step back before any further improvements.

I will go on record as saying that the Jets will pull several moves over the next few months that will pi$$ off the Patriots and their fans.

i think the big one in the "pi$$ off" category would be the Jests getting Asante but I think the patriots would trade him for a sixth round pick and two tackling dummies before they'll let that happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back