PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Working hard during the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I can understand that doing serious work on film study, analysis of recent problems, etc during the week is critical to being well prepared for the next team.

It would seem to me though that the single most important way to get prepared at this time of year though would be to rest. Who cares if you have strategy down if you're too exhausted and injured on Sunday to execute it.

These players are so beaten up that surely some good rest and reduced practice schedules would result in BETTER Sunday results than heavy practices and long hours?

[ Want to make it clear that I'm not specifically referring to the current LateMorningGate situation. What BB did seems completely justified given the attitude of the team, and I hope we see AD sent packing soon. This post is more about the general philosophy of "working hard" vs rest ]

Last edited:
I'll let someone who knows the game better than I do answer that question...

"Coach Belichick might recognize that he has a young team and maybe there are some players that don't have it figured out on what they should be doing at this point of the season, not knowing how to prepare properly or do what needs to be done to end a losing streak.

In all honesty, why would some of these players know how to do this? They've had so much success in the time they have been there that somebody needs to teach them what it takes to get out of a losing streak. That's coming early to meetings or staying late after you're done. You work throughout the day, from sunup to sundown, as it is. But to achieve the success the Patriots want, you have to be there earlier than sunup and stay later than sundown. These are the things that are common practice within the facility." - Tedy Bruschi

Bruschi's Breakdown: Mike Reiss and Tedy Bruschi analyze Sunday's game between the New England Patriots and the Carolina Panthers - ESPN Boston

I'll let someone who knows the game better than I do answer that question...

"Coach Belichick might recognize that he has a young team and maybe there are some players that don't have it figured out on what they should be doing at this point of the season, not knowing how to prepare properly or do what needs to be done to end a losing streak.

In all honesty, why would some of these players know how to do this? They've had so much success in the time they have been there that somebody needs to teach them what it takes to get out of a losing streak. That's coming early to meetings or staying late after you're done. You work throughout the day, from sunup to sundown, as it is. But to achieve the success the Patriots want, you have to be there earlier than sunup and stay later than sundown. These are the things that are common practice within the facility." - Tedy Bruschi

Bruschi's Breakdown: Mike Reiss and Tedy Bruschi analyze Sunday's game between the New England Patriots and the Carolina Panthers - ESPN Boston

Well said by Tedy.

But to achieve the success the Patriots want, you have to be there earlier than sunup and stay later than sundown. These are the things that used to be common practice within the facility.

Fixed it for Tedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye