Welcome to PatsFans.com

Words that will get you on the Department of Homeland Security Watch list

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Hebeill, May 27, 2012.

1. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Looking at this list we all must be on the DHS watch list. Seriously i can't believe this list contains such commonly used words. According to the article these will potentially trigger your being put on a watch list, heres some of them.

Attack, drill, prevention, response, cloud, shooting, crash, disaster, facility, iraq, flu, pork. etc. I' surely on the watch list now

REVEALED: Hundreds of words to avoid using online if you don't want the government spying on you | Mail Online

The Department of Homeland Security has been forced to release a list of keywords and phrases it uses to monitor social networking sites and online media for signs of terrorist or other threats against the U.S.
    The intriguing the list includes obvious choices such as 'attack', 'Al Qaeda', 'terrorism' and 'dirty bomb' alongside dozens of seemingly innocent words like 'pork', 'cloud', 'team' and 'Mexico'.
    Released under a freedom of information request, the information sheds new light on how government analysts are instructed to patrol the internet searching for domestic and external threats. Department chiefs were forced to release the manual following a House hearing over documents obtained through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit which revealed how analysts monitor social networks and media organisations for comments that 'reflect adversely' on the government.
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm pretty sure the fascists lost the second World War, but I increasingly wonder if the movement just went underground and changed venues.

of course, the blame can be pinned on anyone who routed for the the Iraq Resolution, the Patriot Act, the NDAA and a number of other fascist, freedom-stripping, fear-obsessed legislation the past 11 years. They know precisely who they are.

who knew that merely typing the words "Mexico" or "prevention" or "pork" could immediately result in your privacy being raped.

Jezus, we've literally become Orwell's vision.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  3. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +541 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Let us not pretend that these are the first shots fired in the attack on our freedom. Clearly, the authorities are holding us hostage, citing prevention of terrorist acts, as if an outbreak of jihad, shooting, bombing, and organized crime will plague this country if we burst out with a tsunami of a supposedly toxic list of words.

Of course, the real epidemic here is the wave of hazardous thinking that has infected millions of Americans, in what is best described as a spillover effect from our susceptibility to persuasion after watching the horrible terror attack by Al Qaeda eleven years ago. I know, I know. Some of you think that it was a plot by our own domestic security forces in an effort to create the Department of Homeland Security, invade Iraq, and allow Israel to unleash its army against the PLO, Hamas, and the PLF. The fact is that this disaster came from that event and, to tell the truth, the warnings about the overreach of national security in the name of mitigating terrorism and national preparedness have had long exposure, even if dismissed as the rantings of constitutional radicals.

I could write an avalanche of thoughts on this radioactive power grab by our own law enforcement. Perhaps, if I ever have the initiative to recall some of the of steps that have effectively led to the assassination of our first amendment rights, among others, I'll post again. But, for now, I have to use the facility.
  4. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let us not pretend anyone is pretending that. It's been going on for over a decade.

OK, good. ...

That's quite an extrapolation. Who has said this? ... I will not say our "security forces" made it happen, but I will say they knew it was coming and did nothing. The evidence there is abundant, including "The Phoenix Memo." As for the Israel "unleashed" narrative, that's a first for me. Cool story.

No. They are "in the name of" maintaining control and obedience over a dumb populace easily fooled by rippling flags and spooky stories of WMD that never existed. They are "in the name" of monitoring your spending habits and providing more insidious advertising into every aspect of your life. And above all else, "in the name of" ever more obtrusive legislation. They don't even have to throw you in jail any more, the mere allegation and wealth-draining legal process is enough to destroy citizens' lives.

What was it Shrub once said as he toyed with the color threat warning throughout 2002-2005? "Be vigilant, but keep shopping!"

Your outrage seems convincing. But when did it start?
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  5. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +541 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I thought I was probably on your ignore list. Eh...

Anyway, I think a key point of the post went over your head. I'm having a bit of fun. With experience, I've come to realize that full-time bitterness is no way to go through this one life we have.

In any event, I've spoken out against erosion of our freedoms long before it became chic to do so. The difference is that I see threats to our freedom from both sides of the political spectrum (not as the exclusive domain of the right), and I don't see these threats as something that emerged exclusively after 9/11.

Believe it or not, one can be involved in national security and believe in the maintenance of our liberty and civil rights.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 2 / -9

God Damn Haliburton
  7. Why?PJ

Why?PJ Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

oh shock of all shocks, the federal government monitors what people do online. Why does that matter?

Google, Apple, and every company in existence do as well. There are private subscription only databases that can pin point every little detail of your life that you never wanted anyone to know with something as obscure as a third or fourth email address you forgot you ever had.

In Europe, VPN's are not just a nice idea, but becoming more of a must have for anyone who wants to use the internet.

Privacy does not extend beyond the walls of your house. The internet does.

BTW, 9/11 was not the beginning of anything. It was just one of a multitude of attacks, started a long time ago, by people who couldn't handle freedom for anyone. There is a reason it never lasts long.
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -3

Hey, if you don't use words like pork or flu, you've got nothing to worry about...
  9. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +335 / 4 / -10

swine influenza

:rocker: