Welcome to PatsFans.com

Words and Deeds -- Environment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Friends of the environment? Guess they didn't want to lose any trade secrets during the trip.

From the liberal Newsday in New York comes:

2008 Candidates Rely on Private Jets
    By JIM KUHNHENN
    Associated Press Writer

April 26, 2007, 6:44 PM EDT

WASHINGTON -- A flock of small jets took flight from Washington Thursday, each carrying a Democratic presidential candidate to South Carolina for the first debate of the political season.

For Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama, Chris Dodd and Joe Biden, it was wheels up shortly after they voted in favor of legislation requiring that U.S. troops begin returning home from Iraq in the fall.

No one jet pooled, no one took commercial flights to save money, fuel or emissions.

http://www.newsday.com/news/politic...47,print.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

So you read Drudge this AM?? So what, GWB flies all over this country on AF ! giving attaboys to just about anyone he wants to. I love non-stories that distract from the real story.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

'cept Geo Bush isn't going around banging on the drum about "global warming", "gotta save, gotta conserve, stop driving (especially yo' big ol' SUVs), save, save, save." Most of these Dems will harp on that issue any chance they get. But not George. Yet the Bush's house in Texas is as environmentally friendly as a house can be (at *great* expense on his part to make it that way), while biggest drum beater -- AlGore -- uses more than twenty times the energy of an average American household.

There's a story here. You don't want to see it.

//
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Is this a case of my agenda is better than yours, so I can do whatever I want. Bottom line is was Drudge's lead story and you just follow like the RW sheeple you are. How do you know if this is practical, how do you know where they are going afterward. Common sense, if there is such a thing in politics, would be to fly in an audience commercially to DC and just hold it there.
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I read somewhere that Bush has a servant take a picture of the inside of his fridge and posts it on the door. This way whenever the Prez wants a little snack he just looks at the picture while deciding what to eat rather than leaving the door open forever, and Gore left his porch light on all night last night! For the third time this year!!!

I'm switching party affiliation today:mad:
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

Does anybody really believe the rich liberals of America are going to give up their "goodies" for The Environment, they want YOU to give up yours, does anybody really believe that Al Boob Gore is going to turn down his thermostat to 60 and walk around his millionaire mansion in a sweater, why does anybody listen to these a$s holes.
    Ground All Private Jets

Bomb Iran
    Poor Imus (used by racists)
    :bricks:
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Does anybody really believe the rich conservatives of America are going to give up their "goodies" for The Environment, they want YOU to give up yours, does anybody really believe that George "drunk" Bush is going to turn down his thermostat to 60 and walk around on 1600 Penn ave. in a sweater, why does anybody listen to these a$s holes.

It is all the same, as long as the dow keeps rising.. it is all the same and makes no real difference.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Drudge goes AGAINST the grain of the "politically correct" culture. That is as far from being "sheeple" as possible. Those who buy into the pap and smack these left/libs are flogging are the real "sheeple".

:eek:

//
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Yea Drudge goes against the grain, you are really out of touch... Drudge, Fox, Hannity, O'reilly, Rush, Savage, Coulter, Malkin and all the rest have become the mainstream.. they are responsible for the surge in false reporting and keeping the crap stirred up, and keep us distracted from the real deal. They frame the issue as Baldwin, Cheryl Crowe, Pelosi's trip to Syria, Dem candidates taking planes to a debate, Rosie and any other minor non-issue. All the while the big issues that involve Rove, Cheney, George, Gonzalez, corrupt republican congressmen and the continuing fallout of Donald Rumsfield are swept under the rug. The difficulty becomes not getting distracted from the real issues as the RW press would want you to do and focusing on the corruptness, deception and lies of George and his gang.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You don't keep pork rinds and pretzels in the fridge!!

:D

//
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Had two or more Democratic candidates shared a jet, there would have been an article in this morning paper denouncing the action as some sort of conspiracy. What we need is more Alex Baldwin news.
  12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

How is this a non-story that distracts from the real story? These jokers have been pushing their Global Warming, save the planet, we have 10 years or else crap, and then they burn up 20 times the average joe, or take private jets all over the place, while telling us to use 1 square per bathroom break. They are all clowns, and hypocrites. If they aren't goign to practice what htey preach, then they need to STFU. They are politicians pushing a specific platform while they themselves do not take a single step in the direction they point. That's worthy of discussion I think.
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

It's a Newsday story, all Drudge did was link it. Furthermore, it doesn't take away from the facts at hand. These people are clowns and hypocrites. When I say these people, I'm talking about all the extremists who try to tell me how to live, and how to sacrafice for their crusade, while they all take private jets, or burn 20 times the energy of the average Joe. Incase you haven't noticed, Global Warming, or climate change, whichever you prefer, is quickly becoming the neuvo issue of the 2008 election. Instead of dealing with pollution (nevermind the other important issues of our time, like immigration, terrorism, iraq, fiscal sanity, etc.), we're talking about something half the people preaching, don't even understand. Of course, that 30-40% makes up a very large voter block, so you can see why they like to discuss a happy agenda.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

Yeah but remember Harry, their wealthy so it's ok if they waste more.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

All Drudge does is link MSM articles. You act as if what people on the right do, is not done by people on the left.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

HA!! Fat chance. It is what it is: "do as I say, not as I do."

//
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

What we need more of is people practicing what they preach, and being held accountable for what they do. Scooter Libby lied, enjoy your stay in FCI Ashland or Beaumont. The same for Duke Cunningham & William Jefferson, Cya. Run on fiscal sanity, then don't put out your hand for earmarks, or fill a bill with $20 Billion in pork. Be accountable. Don't point, just do it yourself.
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As my mom used to say: all depends on whose ox got gored. You see it your way, and I see it another -- at least for the sake of argument.

//
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yup. Sounds about right to me.

//
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

Support Global Warming