PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Word from Gatorland on Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Reputation as Soft. Slid to avoid contact against Miami in the Peach Bowl in '04... Florida fans question his toughness. Meyer didn't want him to leave school at first, was against the decision. Relented after the combine. All the talent in the world, not showcased properly in the Zook and Meyer offenses. Jackson and Qb Leak petitioned Meyer to change his offense after early season struggles...

This just in from White Rat land...inbred Donkey fans have no place running their idiot mouths on a Pats board....nice pick BTW...Jay "Browning Nagle" Cutler

Soft?

I just can't see how anyone plays in ... make that, EXCELS IN ... a major college program ...
in one of the toughest conferences ...
and is SOFT.

I don't mind softies. Marvin Harrison is a marshmallow, but I'll take him any day of the week.

Last edited:
great..because he got chosen by us..people bring out the bad and try puttign him down and making fans question. guess what America. we love our picks. He excelled in 2 different systems..last years avg slipped because his routes were meant to go deeper as much and more options than fades and other deep routes. were fine with him..hes got great hands..hes strong..very fast

the entire colts team is soft in every way .are you kidding me :D :D

I am a pats fan. I felt it would be a good idea to see what Gator fans are saying about Jackson, and I was just relaying that info. It's a good idea to know the downside as well as the upside of our players...

PonyExpress said:
I am a pats fan. I felt it would be a good idea to see what Gator fans are saying about Jackson, and I was just relaying that info. It's a good idea to know the downside as well as the upside of our players...

There was a thread about a week ago which brought up some of these same questions about Jackson. It's always a risk, when you draft a receiver, that they will turn out to be soft, or fragile, or poor route-runners. Very few receivers from top programs "relish" hard contact, I would imagine, since they all dread the season- (or career-) ending injury, and some are babies, to be sure. But Belichick has often said you can't teach speed, and it's clear he both coveted someone with Jackson's gifts, yet researched him very carefully.

We'll have to wait and see which model turns up in the season.

The quick slant after a play action, he will be good at those.

Florida runs the spread offense. Jackson was the clear choice.

Futhermore, BB has been visiting UF for at least 2 years scoping this guy out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye