PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woods to IR, Connolly promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggins!

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Not surprised, Pierre Woods to IR. To take the roster spot, OL Dan Connolly resigned.

Re: Woods to IR.....

actually just moved up from the PSquad...who on the line is hurt?? BTW who is reporting this...not Reiss...NOT yet...

Last edited:
Interesting to know if the entire practice squad traveled with the Pats during these back-to-back road games on the west coast. Who doesn't fly to the west coast with them?

Interesting to know if the entire practice squad traveled with the Pats during these back-to-back road games on the west coast. Who doesn't fly to the west coast with them?
The PSquad was there as before...

it's a release from the patriots themselves. Would you like a copy? :)

actually just moved up from the PSquad...who on the line is hurt?? BTW who is reporting this...not Reiss...NOT yet...

Yeah, don't see it anywhere. Not a shocker, but are we ok for gameday at LB?

Yeah, don't see it anywhere. Not a shocker, but are we ok for gameday at LB?

Wiggins is a credible source on this one. ;)

it's a release from the patriots themselves. Would you like a copy? :)
Yes..of course....Well...I was asking because it's not been reported and is NOT on the Pats website..THAT is why I was asking...that you got it here first is GREAT!!! I was just wondering about the source..Good job!!

I don't think any OL is hurt but this is the time of the year when teams look ahead to next year and Connolly is a solid developmental prospect that the Pats probably didn't want to lose. I'm guessing that some team offered to sign him and the Pats wanted to hold on to this kid. For ex, DE Dave Tollefson who plays for the Giants, whose been a solid contributor this year on defense as well as on ST, was picked up in Oct last year from the Raiders PS.

Wiggins is a credible source on this one. ;)
Thanks...just wished to understand where it was coming from esp with nothing around Thanks!! It's a great scoop!!

Not surprised, Pierre Woods to IR. To take the roster spot, OL Dan Connolly resigned.
Great JOB!!!! about 20 min ahead of Reiss...and others Thank you for the scoop!!!! My BIG question is why Connolly?? making linemen 10 linemen...to me it means there is an injury somewhere...but who??

Last edited:
It's not a scoop. Seriously, It was a release from the pats.

as to who I am, as someone asked. Just know this, I'm a pats fan. Have always and will always be. Kind of hard sometimes so be a fan in my job though. One of these I'll tell you. It's nothing major. Just that I like reading about the pats from fans, listening to fans abou the team, talking about the team myself and don't get to do it as much as I like. That's all.

No this, I've never intended ill will on this board and hope that's always come across. Ok. gotta run!

It's not a scoop. Seriously, It was a release from the pats.

as to who I am, as someone asked. Just know this, I'm a pats fan. Have always and will always be. Kind of hard sometimes so be a fan in my job though. One of these I'll tell you. It's nothing major. Just that I like reading about the pats from fans, listening to fans abou the team, talking about the team myself and don't get to do it as much as I like. That's all.

No this, I've never intended ill will on this board and hope that's always come across. Ok. gotta run!

You are either Jermaine Wiggins or Rod Rutledge. pats1 is the other.

It's moderately interesting they didn't IR Bru. Maybe they got some reasonably good news or are holding out "in case"?

I think you are missing my point here...Why is Connolly being moved up?? They have 9 linemen...so at this stage with so many injuries...why? they have 9...so why a 10th UNLESS..there is some injury....and that is ALL I can think of...at this point...might no one else be ready so..let's put a lineman up for the week to the 53??? Maybe Koppen's elbow??

How am I missing the point?? BTW, Koppen or any other OL is not on the injury report: Injury report - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

I think you always need to think ahead, Hochstein and Britt are both FA's after this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye