PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woods and Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsmaniac

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone had any insight as to wether or not either is a long term answer at LB. I know Teddy B served an apprenticeship, so I guess I am holding out hope. Im sure many here have more info to base a decision on, and I am looking for your take?

Maybe Woods, he's a big guy who could develop into a decent outside linebacker. Alexander just doesn't seem to have an enormous upside, but who knows, they're just around the same age.

I wanted to see if anyone had any insight as to wether or not either is a long term answer at LB. I know Teddy B served an apprenticeship, so I guess I am holding out hope. Im sure many here have more info to base a decision on, and I am looking for your take?

I've never seen Woods play anything but special teams so I don't know. Alexander looked decent at times in the AFC Championship game last year. In all honesty, I thought he'd get some regular snaps this year. I'm surprised he hasn't been on the field more. I guess he will be now.

i am curious too to see if one of them will be able to step up

this could be the right moment for them

Yes I guess well see how they do and if they get more play time now that Rosie is out. I would love to see one homegrown guy develop at LB.

There simply is not enough information. Both have athletic ability and excelled on special teams. Alexander has made some plays in limited appearances, but has had few opportunities despite being here several years. Woods is younger and has barely seen the field on defense. So, yes, we will all find out now what they can do. Let's be optimistic.

I question whether Bill Belichick is patient enough to wait for a

young player to develop. I think his preference is to get a proven

player who can pick up the system quicker than a rookie,

woods had a strong training camp this year. i'm surprised he hasn't seen the field more often besides special teams. woods is exactly the type of player the pats need at LB, athletic with some speed. he definately has some pass rushing capability and he surprised me with his ability to cover. lets see what the kid can do.

As much as I would like to see what exactly have in these young linebackers I dont think we are going to get to see, at least when the game is close. We are going to use a lot of 4-3, especially if they are pounding the ball, and the 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 nickel packages in passing downs. I know bruschi and seau are getting old but we are still going to use the 3-4 plenty with both of them in the middle Neither woods or alexander have seen one snap with the first D this year in a meaningful situation so i cant imagine either of them is going to be getting 15-20 snaps. It makes a lot more sense to have Jarvis Green or Randal Gay (if healthy) on the field besides woods or alexander.

Yeah, I'm a Woods fan as well, and this might be the time he can see some extended game action. Let's see how they use him against Baltimore. At some point, you've got to push them out of the nest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes