Woods, Alexander, Britt, Ventrone tendered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
4 exclusive tenders
Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff February 29, 2008 02:19 PM
The Patriots have tendered contracts to four of their exclusive rights free agents -- ILB Eric Alexander, OL Wesley Britt, S Ray Ventrone and OLB Pierre Woods.

That means all four players will be back with the club in 2008, which was expected. But in some cases, exclusive rights free agents are not tendered, allowing them to land with other teams.

Of the group, the presence of Woods projects to be most important. Entering his third year, Woods figures to compete for playing time at the spot formerly occupied by Rosevelt Colvin. He also led the Patriots in special teams tackles in 2007.

Woods will get more time, I'm sure. I would also love to see Ventrone have some, ahem, impact at safety. We already know he can hit. :)

Woods will get more time, I'm sure. I would also love to see Ventrone have some, ahem, impact at safety. We already know he can hit. :)

I thought his hit was essentialy the end of the Super Bowl. Boy was I wrong. :(

Woods will get more time, I'm sure.

I'm not so sure. I fully expected him to get more playing time once Colvin went down. Despite the age of our 4 starting LB, his butt stayed nailed to the bench when the D was on the field.

I'm not so sure. I fully expected him to get more playing time once Colvin went down. Despite the age of our 4 starting LB, his butt stayed nailed to the bench when the D was on the field.

Not true. He had snaps in all playoff games and in the Super Bowl on defense.

Not true. He had snaps in all playoff games and in the Super Bowl on defense.

I wish that Woods had one less snap on defense in the SB. Maybe someone else would have recovered the Bradshaw fumble.

I'm glad also that Britt is returning. I want him to have a chance to replace Kaczur at RT, as the latter might have to move inside to RG if Neal isn't good to go by TC.

How much more time does Ventrone need or is he destined to be a JAG lifer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes