PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woodhead extended through 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty good deal for both sides. We'd have had to RFA him next season for over a million and a half but he wouldn't have seen a nickel until they play football... This way he gets a very deserved bump this season in addition to his second year salary - house buyin' money - a nice condo on the South Shore or a mini-mansion in Nebraska. If he stays healthy through 2011 there will be a commensurate extension done in 2012...

I swear the FO reads our board, weren't we tossing this around last week? Lock up Woodhead? Low and behold it happens. Great news, he means alot to this team and will mean even more in the future.

Safe to say, little Danny can now ditch the studio appt, lose the security deposit and upgrade.....All good........

This will really piss of Rexie and Ganggreen.

How fired up is Danny going to be a week from Monday ?

Thanksgiving indeed! Waiver wire pick up of the year.

Oh, and FU Rex!

Does this affect Faulk in anyway? I hope the FO treat Faulk with respect no matter what happens

Does this affect Faulk in anyway? I hope the FO treat Faulk with respect no matter what happens

Faulk was on a one year deal anyway. Now he will have to prove to them or any team he can make it back at 35 in less than a year. i think Kevin has earned Bill's respect over the years, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him signed to a veteran minimum deal to rehab here and have a shot at making the 53 or at least the PUP list. As long as guys are reasonable I have yet to see this FO disrespect anyone who has earned theirs.

What a great deal for the patriots! If they waited, they likely would have paid Woodhead at leas $1.8M as an RFA.

I can understand why Woodhead signed, He get $425K up front.

In other news, Rex has signed Shawn Crable to a multi-year extension.....Take that NE!

That is a major steal for us, unless the incentives like triple his earnings if met. Even then it'd be a pretty good deal :cool: Just wish he could've been locked up more years, I don't care I'm sold on the guy

In total with all incentives met including this year we only paid 3.25 million for 3 years service.Playing time Incentives are 575k next year and 600k the year after BTW.

What great news.....its a fair contract for both sides. He deserves it and he is a patriots type of guy.....hard worker with great character. He is probably going to be Faulks replacement when he retires. With 5 running backs on the roster, next year I figure they have woody and resign BJGE. They will draft a stud running back and ...resign two of the three: Morris ,Taylor, and Faulk.
What do you think......

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye