PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Won't it be nice when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Took off the grumpy hat, guzzled a fresh new pot of Koolaid and am ready for action.

Won't it be even sweeter to take out SD in Diego, spoil the Colts party in the Manning Dome and then extract revenge against New Orleans?

Hell yes, it will be nice.

Lets go through our list shall we:
1) Four 1:00 games - check
2) December football - check
3) Snow - check
4) Best QB and Coach in football - check
5) Beer - sweet, sweet beer

Repeat step 5 as necessary.

Go Pats and Happy Holidays.

At this point I'm not too confident in 1-4. But that lack of confidence will lead to me leaning on #5 pretty heavily.

Took off the grumpy hat, guzzled a fresh new pot of Koolaid and am ready for action.

Won't it be even sweeter to take out SD in Diego, spoil the Colts party in the Manning Dome and then extract revenge against New Orleans?

3) Snow - check

This can be on the wish list I guess ......

But looking at your points,

1) We've lost some of these as of late ...
2) In years past, it seemed to matter playing in December. But starting off fast and then fading seems to be the way things are done with this team.
3) Snow? Won't be a factor based on long-range forecasts.
4) Brady is the best QB who is also a model (although I don't see his appeal). But the best QB this season? No way. And BB needs to be less over-extended and less full of himself to regain that title.
5)This will be necessary - to take things less seriously.

Even better. The Tom Brady Retribution Tour '10. Tour dates are:

Foxboro: Saturday Jan 9th - Broncos for playoff loss #1 in 2005
Indianapolis: Saturday Jan 16th - Colts for playoff loss #2 in 2006
San Diego: Sunday Jan 24th - Chargers for being "classy" in 2007
Miami: Sunday Feb 7th - Giants for playoff loss #3 in 2007 or Favres for playoff elimination performances in 2002 and 2008

The Pats can't exit the decade without cleaning up the spots on the resume.

Amen to that cstjohn17! Nice to see a positive thread on here! I'm over the Miami game (except for that damn Jimmy Buffet TD song...so bad...) and am ready for the Panthers game on sunday. I hope that Delhomme starts as he is what the Pats defence needs right now. Did anybody watch the Panthers/Bucs game yesterday? I wonder how Matt Moore did?

At this point I'm not too confident in 1-4. But that lack of confidence will lead to me leaning on #5 pretty heavily.

The most perceptive post of the week
10Stars.jpg

:D

Last edited:

3) Snow - check

Chargers will be a problem.

Honestly Pats might even be one and done this year. We don't deserve a Ring this year. The lack of pass rush will kill us. Sometimes we shoot ourselves with bad playcalling. And Brady still isnt close to 100%

Honestly Pats might even be one and done this year. We don't deserve a Ring this year. The lack of pass rush will kill us. Sometimes we shoot ourselves with bad playcalling. And Brady still isnt close to 100%

Don't deserve a ring? So if the Pats win the superbowl you are going start a thread about how they should give the rings back because we didn't have any pass rush and there was bad play calling all year.

Would love to chug on that kool aid, but recent history suggests almost the exact opposite. They'll likely win a first round home wild card game (assuming they win the division which they still should) but winning in Indy or SD will be a tall order. I suppose SD is possible as we have their number in the playoffs, but the Colts not so much.

Only hope if for Cincy to get the #2, Pats play Cincy in Round 2 and then the #6 seed knocks off Indy.

Don't deserve a ring? So if the Pats win the superbowl you are going start a thread about how they should give the rings back because we didn't have any pass rush and there was bad play calling all year.

Yeah I never understood the logic of assessing what a team 'deserves' in early December. I'm willing to bet at this time in 2006 alot of people probably said the Colts didnt "deserve" a super bowl because they can't stop the run which is the most fundamental quality you look for in a super bowl team.

Last edited:

1sm114tomato.gif

The good news is that the Patriots will not lose ANY playoff games.

The bad news is that the Patriots will NOT be in the playoffs.

I will gladly eat a crow for lunch on January 4th if I am wrong on #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes