PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wondering what John Lynch is doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a little painful to wonder if he really was planning on coming back in week 2 but balked when we suddenly stopped being a lock for the postseason.

"Lynch suddenly has a whole new life. The other day, he got a $743 Qwest cell phone bill. "I haven't had to pay for cell phones since … they were invented!" Qwest also mentioned that he wouldn't be getting his yearly fat endorsement fee either. The new cars he got free every 3,000 miles are down the road too. The weekly free $2,500 suit deal he got from Saks for his TV show? No show, no suit."

This is so painful and heartrending I can't bear to read it. The depravation is horrific.

"Lynch suddenly has a whole new life. The other day, he got a $743 Qwest cell phone bill. "I haven't had to pay for cell phones since … they were invented!" Qwest also mentioned that he wouldn't be getting his yearly fat endorsement fee either. The new cars he got free every 3,000 miles are down the road too. The weekly free $2,500 suit deal he got from Saks for his TV show? No show, no suit."

This is so painful and heartrending I can't bear to read it. The depravation is horrific.

You've got to wonder what in the hell he's doing with his cell phone to make it cost 800 dollars. Does that company not charge by the month?

You've got to wonder what in the hell he's doing with his cell phone to make it cost 800 dollars. Does that company not charge by the month?

I'm sure all of his kids have cell phones. I mean, they have to if they start dating at 5 y/o.

It's a little painful to wonder if he really was planning on coming back in week 2 but balked when we suddenly stopped being a lock for the postseason.

No, I think all the touchy feely stuff was just respect generated and the media over reacted to it. Reiss said a couple of weeks ago when he dug further he found out they didn't want him for the hybrid role Tank was supposed to fill, just looking for another veteran safety who could play. And the long story short was they didn't think he could.

Out of the mouthes of babes...this was priceless:

His 7-year-old daughter, Lindsay, wandered in and said, "What's wrong, Daddy?"

Lynch said, "Nothing, honey. It's just—Daddy's kind of struggling with not playing football anymore."

"So play," Lindsay said.

"Well, I want to. But on the other hand, it's probably time to stop. I don't know. It's complicated."

Lindsay looked at him for a moment then said, "Oh, Daddy. Now you're starting to sound like Brett Favre."

:rofl:

Well, QWEST has this reputation...

Reiss said a couple of weeks ago when he dug further he found out they didn't want him for the hybrid role Tank was supposed to fill, just looking for another veteran safety who could play. And the long story short was they didn't think he could.

That is the simplest rational explanation for why Lynch was cut. Matches the eval that his former team had. Sometimes the player scrap heap is just that. Sometimes there is just too little left to be a contributor.

Lynch is waiting till next year

Maybe he and Ty Law could form a support group? (although in Ty's case I think he's just asking for too much money)

Agreed. Law probably still has enough of his skills left to contribute, he just may lack the ability to put a reasonable price tag on his remaining ability, believing he has not lost as much ability as he has over the years.

Unlike Law, Lynch wants to play (like Troy Brown noted in his retirement announcement) and would accept the money offered but at his age doesn't have enough gas left in the tank. But who knows, if our safeties get dinged up he may reappear.

I suspect Lynch, if that ESPN article is accurate, would not be able to relate to Law's sitting out of the game when he otherwise could play and letting time slip away. Just different mentalities.

Agreed. Law probably still has enough of his skills left to contribute, he just may lack the ability to put a reasonable price tag on his remaining ability, believing he has not lost as much ability as he has over the years.

Unlike Law, Lynch wants to play (like Troy Brown noted in his retirement announcement) and would accept the money offered but at his age doesn't have enough gas left in the tank. But who knows, if our safeties get dinged up he may reappear.

I suspect Lynch, if that ESPN article is accurate, would not be able to relate to Law's sitting out of the game when he otherwise could play and letting time slip away. Just different mentalities.

The good news is that now BB knows that Lynch still has a cellphone

The good news is that now BB knows that Lynch still has a cellphone

Does he? I thought that article meant he found out he had to pay $800/month for the phone he was given and as such might be shifting to a more cost efficient cell phone he could just add minutes to and use. Belichick may have to locate Lynch through his Yahoo e-mail account or IM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes