PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wonder what the trickle down effects will be if the Seahawks sign B. Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Hopefully it will get the Seahawks to release Branch. It will also give the Bronco's a 2nd first rounder. Doubt it will be the 6th overall. I bet if the Seahawks and Marshall agree on a deal, the Seahawks offer Denver the #14 overall in a trade, rather then having Marshall sign the offer sheet and costing the the 6th overall. The 6th overall is alot to give up for a talented, but trouble making diva WR.

Last edited:
Hopefully it will get the Seahawks to release Branch. It will also give the Bronco's a 2nd first rounder. Doubt it will be the 6th overall. I bet if the Seahawks and Marshall agree on a deal, the Seahawks offer Denver the #14 overall in a trade, rather then having Marshall sign the offer sheet and costing the the 6th overall. The 6th overall is alot to give up for a talented, but trouble making diva WR.

Honestly, Deion is old and has been injured his whole career here, he wouldn't be that much of an upgrade.

Since BB lost on Boldin, I have a feeling he'll go after T.O, or use a 2nd on some receiver, who knows?

I say, should that scenario happen they want the 6th and simply take Dez Bryant.

I want Marshall though, but see Marshall as a great fit in a Pete Carrol offence.

Patten, Branch and Mason

could happen and I will cry

Last edited:
It would significantly help Housh

What's with all the hate for Mason? Did I just imagine Aiken and Stanback playing quite a bit last year? Mason would be the 3rd best WR on the team by miles.

What's with all the hate for Mason? Did I just imagine Aiken and Stanback playing quite a bit last year? Mason would be the 3rd best WR on the team by miles.

:D I agree.

Domestic violence shelters in the Seattle area can lobby for increased funding.

I really hope we Give up a second or two for Marshall

They can all go out to dinner together at 4:30.

Superb!!! And buy green Buicks and Depends with their guarantee money.

Where is the best cafeteria in Foxborough?

Part of the contract will be handycap signs for the windshield of their Buicks.

DW Toys

Last edited:

People being dumb, mostly. Mason killed the Pats last year, you'd think people would remember that. He's still a very good football player; way better than, say, Jabar Gaffney.

Dunno where all the talk about Branch being old is coming from, either. He's 30, which I guess means most of this board thinks that rosters should include only 21-28 year olds?

Last edited:
People being dumb, mostly. Mason killed the Pats last year, you'd think people would remember that. He's still a very good football player; way better than, say, Jabar Gaffney.

Dunno where all the talk about Branch being old is coming from, either. He's 30, which I guess means most of this board thinks that rosters should include only 21-28 year olds?

I dont have a big problem with Mason but two things bother me....
A) Hes 37 years old and along with Moss's contract up next year and Mason almost retiring last season It could leave a huge void at WR come next March unless we sign him to 2-3 year deal which probably isnt a good Idea with a player his age.
B) Will he be able to pick up the system or will he be another Joey Galloway? Brandon Marshall has played in the system with McD last year and put up great numbers with Kyle Orton as his QB. I think he would flourish here and he would be a long term solution to the problem as opposed to a quick fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes