PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Woman induces labor so husband doesnt miss Bears game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah ... no big deal really.

My wife had 2 of our 3 kids induced because she was late and the doctors get worried about that for the mom. It's a very natural, however long and uncomfortable process .... all natural ... similar chemicals that the body produces.

yeah, but this was early. And based around a football game.

ok, i'll stop.........:bricks:

>>Chicago school teacher Colleen Pavelka knows how much her husband loves the Bears. Apparently, she loves him even more.

The perfect wife?
Ladies, would you do this for your husband? Let us know.

Colleen chose to have the birth of their second child induced a few days early so Mark Pavelka could attend Sunday's NFC Championship showdown between the Bears and the New Orleans Saints.

The baby was due Monday. But when Colleen went in for an appointment Friday afternoon, her doctors told her she could opt for an early delivery. She decided to do so.

After nearly six hours of labor, 8-pound, 9-ounce Mark Patrick Pavelka was born Friday night.

Colleen Pavelka plans to catch the game on the plasma screen TV in her hospital room, while baby Mark Patrick is bundled up in the Bears receiving blanket his grandmother bought him for Christmas.<<

I dunno, 3. The baby was big enough and ready. It was a loving gesture by the wife. If it was a regular-season game, then it would seem a bit obsessive. The baby probably came out and quoted Jim Mora Sr.: "Playoffs?! Playoffs?!"

Get a radio and tape the game.

I dunno, 3. The baby was big enough and ready. It was a loving gesture by the wife. If it was a regular-season game, then it would seem a bit obsessive. The baby probably came out and quoted Jim Mora Sr.: "Playoffs?! Playoffs?!"

Thanks for the mess you produced on my desk .... spit out my Coke.

Last edited:
What a great wife ;)

What a great wife ;)

Yeah, but she named the baby "Remember". And she'll never let her husband forget. Hope he enjoys the game.

That's screwed up. In cases where a baby is late, then yeah, pitocin is a smart thing to give a woman. If you don't need it (and this woman clearly didn't because the average birth right now is 41 1/2 weeks, she was at least 2 1/2 weeks away from being officially late) then don't take it. It makes for much more vilent and prolonged contractions and causes distress in the baby.

These sound like awful people to me, just like the loonies that induced pregnancy on 6/6/06 (my daughter was born on 6/4/06, and as we were checking out, the hospital was filled up with people inducing).

That's screwed up. In cases where a baby is late, then yeah, pitocin is a smart thing to give a woman. If you don't need it (and this woman clearly didn't because the average birth right now is 41 1/2 weeks, she was at least 2 1/2 weeks away from being officially late) then don't take it. It makes for much more vilent and prolonged contractions and causes distress in the baby.

These sound like awful people to me, just like the loonies that induced pregnancy on 6/6/06 (my daughter was born on 6/4/06, and as we were checking out, the hospital was filled up with people inducing).

You are 100% right. Also, pitocin can lead to complications (basically one intervention leading to many more) which can result in an unnecessary C-section for the mother, among other things.

I love the Patriots. I named my son after their starting safety and their quarterback. But I would never, never do something like that even if I had tickets to the game. That's just messed up. Unless it's extremely late, the baby should come when it is good and ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes