Welcome to PatsFans.com

Woman gives birth to non-human being

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We were told in here last week that a 2nd trimester baby is not a human being. So what do we call it when a woman gives birth in her 25th week of pregnancy? Would it be ok to just kill the darn thing instead of going through all the trouble of trying to save it? This woman has 18 other kids, so she certainly won't mind one more or less. After all, it's not human, right?

Michelle Duggar's Baby Josie Brooklyn Born Prematurely Because of Pregnancy Complication - ABC News

Michelle Duggar's 19th child was born in an emergency C-section because Duggar, the star of the reality show "18 Kids and Counting," suffered from a rare, potentially life-threatening condition that causes high blood pressure, according to her doctor.

Reality TV mom Michelle Duggar has given birth to a premature girl.The condition known as preeclampsia, which occurs in about 5 to 8 percent of pregnancies, was discovered during Duggar's admission last week at the University of Arkansas for Medical Science to evaluate pain related to gall bladder disease.

Josie Brooklyn was born at 25 weeks and, according to a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in June, babies born at 25 weeks who receive aggressive treatment through intensive care have an 82 percent chance of survival.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

According to Wikipedia:

Abortion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Abortions after weeks 24 are extremely rare, and illegal in most cases.
    The overwhelming majority of abortions take place prior to week 20.
    The earliest a baby has survived outside the womb is week 21.

In my opinon, at some point it may make sense to restrict abortions to prior to week 21.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +149 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I read about these people last year and again this year. Nineteen kids, one a year, the world population is closing in on Seven Billion, tens of millions of people are starving to death and these people have nineteen kids. Thats obcene who pays for the house big enough for twenty one people/ Who pays for the food? It bertter not be tax payer money.

4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think they should name her "Wart"

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I wonder how many kids Obama's old man really fathered we probably will never know, it seems like he knocked up every women he ever met, Obama's got brothers and sisters all over the world, Michelle should try to round them all up and have a cookout in the Rose Garden.

Did Mr Obama (dad) help pollute the planet..........:confused:

6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I agree totally, I think we should go in and ABORT some of these kids postpartumly, and ASAP. I'd say they really only should be allowed to have 7-8 at the most. We need to cull this herd somewhat and bring it down to the "reasonable" level. I'd say if we get 8-10 "off the reservation" that that ought to do it, right?

Doesn't matter how we do it.... we can draw straws, pick lots, or just go with those with 5's in their SSN number. We can pick a fair way to do it, but WE really need to bring these whack-jobs into the fold.

7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yeah, that would go over big with pro abortion rights groups.

8. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

As a parent of two whirling dervishes. I was shocked and awed by how well behaved and mannered the Duggar's children are..... It is very strange, but they have 18 very respectful and seemingly courteous children. It is practically a miracle?

9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +149 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

It doesn't matter how well behaved they are, the point is having that many kids in a world running out of resorces is wrong. IMO its not by accident these people have 19 kids, they obviously want to generate as many as they can. In the past there were large families because it was an agrarian society and a family needed as much help as they could in running the farm, those days are over.
    Again whose pay the bill for all these kids? Unless they're rich its probably US, i don't want my money supporting this. I'm sure they the Duggards are conservative Christians and feel its they're duty to procreat as much as possible, i don't want it done on my dime.

10. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They are deeply religious and don't use birth control because of a perceived sleight by God due to a miscarriage after using it.

The dad is a former politician who owns several commercial properties so they are well off and self sufficient. They don't take a penny from the government, not even in the form of public education(home schooling for all of them!). They probably also get paid money for doing the reality show although that likely doesn't have much of an impact overall on their finances.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +535 / 6 / -2

No one should be telling anyone else, how many kids they should have. Of course, the flip side to that is, no one should be having kids, and telling other people to provide for them. My point is, you should have as many kids as you want, that you can personally provide for.

12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

But.....

WHAT ABOUT THE POOR CHILDREN? :D

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +535 / 6 / -2

I've never been opposed to programs that help the poor, and I never will be. What I've always been opposed to, and always will be, is the never ending hand out. There's a point where you're "helping" people to the point where they won't move to help themselves. There has to be the proper balance of assitance, and initiative. If people know they will simply be taken care of, then what incentive do they have to act responsibly?

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +535 / 6 / -2

Wow, I'm starting to type incoherently. It's time for bed!

15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

I was actually just kidding you becuase you're the one that always writes....

"What about the childrean?"

Wow, you must be tired!