Welcome to PatsFans.com

Without Bush

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 11 / -27

We need to get out of Afghanistan.. and stop these endless wars, whether the media pays attention or not.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

I agree, I used to be a Gung Ho war supporter but the world hates us why the hell should we get involved in those Stinking Third World sh!tholes, Bush couldn't get Bin Laden and neither can Obama (if he's even trying) our troops should be brought home to guard our own borders and airports, every known Illegal Alien should be DEPORTED and the US Military should be put in charge of Eliminating all known Gang Bangers and their Gangs.

PROTECT AMERICA THE HELL WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD LET THE UN HANDLE THEM.

WE DON'T WIN WARS ANYMORE.

CLOSE GITMO AND PUT THEM IN A REAL PRISON NO MORE SOCCER NO MORE SEA BREEZE NO MORE SUNSHINE, THEY HATE SNOW BUILD A REAL PRISON UP IN THE ARCTIC CIRCLE AND PUT THEM IN IT THEN BUY THEM ALL FUR HATS.

GODAMN FOOLS
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Really? And wouldn't that be the same thing as developing some sort of Military/Federal National Defense Unit intended to protect the country? Wouldn't that be the very same thing that every right-winger in America is complaining Obama wanted to do?

I thought you guys were against that sort of federal involvement in state matters.

Besides that, "eliminating" and "putting a stop to" are two different things.

Gang-Bangers ARE members of a gang, Harry. They're not an "and/or" preposition. There are leaders and followers but not bangers and members.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ah, so you've met the crazy? Pay him no mind. I put the great distraction on block long ago, and discussion has flowed much more seemlessly ever since. He adds nothing to any discussion besides divide, hatred, and ripe contradiction from one post to the next.

Harry Boy cashed in his cred around here years back. Sadly, he still doesn't even realize it. He thinks he's funny in his overt racism.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

So my question is: Does the Washington Examiner who has so much to condemm about every other news outlet around have a camera crew and a reporter at every casket arrival?

And my answer is: No, of course not, otherwise they would have gloatingly said so.

On one hand, that's the sensible thing to do. AP sells or gives all of their photographs and stories to anyone who wants them so why supply double coverage? Most news sources want to be first - and since AP is already camped out waiting, why waste the resources and manpower when you know your picture and your story is already available and for sale or reprint?

On the other hand, how friggin hypocritical.
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Where are the Anti Bush Anti War Protesters Where Are The "Close Gitmo Geeks"

Where Oh Where Has Sean Penn Gone
    Where Oh Where Can He Be

STOP THE WAR GET OUT OF IRAQ OBAMA

WHY DON'T WE SEE WAR CASKETS ANYMORE THEY WERE QUITE POPULAR DURING THE BUSH YEARS
  8. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

PC (boy that fits), I happen to notice that you in no way address the valid issue brought up by Harry Boy. It's better to argue in a way that doesn't vividly remind us of the fallacy of ad hominem, although that's apparently beyond you.

Harry Boy, here's an indication that I think explains why, where Howell Raines, former executive editor of the NYT after having worked there in various capacities for 25 years, admits he's generally to the left of liberalism, calling himself instead "a radical" on most issues.

Other members of the media that have been repeatedly polled admit to voting Democratic 90 percent or more of the time. The word's out: the legacy media has been giving us slanted coverage all these years.

For instance, go back to Vietnam and the Tet offensive. We decimated the Vietcong in that attack. Don Oberdorfer wrote an authoritative book on the subject, writing,
    Yet the almost universal impression created by the press and television coverage of the offensive was of a great defeat for the Americans and the South Vietnamese. On every point the situation was misrepresented by misleading stories and pictures and in some cases by outright falsehood.

It's not about truth, it's about power. Keeping the Republicans down and the Democrats up. It's all about elite opinion trumping popular opinion, which is why the left is actually terrified of Sarah Palin, whom they know to be quite popular with the non-urban coast dwellers who don't regularly listen to NPR.

Harry Boy, you have conclusively demonstrated why many of us don't trust the media to tell us the truth. It's just not how they report, it's what they decide to report.

Obama would be hurt by treating the escalating deaths in Afghanistan like they would have treated it if a Republican were occupying the Oval Office. Worse yet, we don't even know what the strategy there is. Some advisers are arguing cut and run, notwithstanding this war was a major plank of his election. And the new commander on the ground there has issued inexplicable orders to get emotionally close to the Afghan people and stop being so preoccupied with trying not to get killed.

And there are parallels between Vietnam and Afghanistan, according to Frank Rich.
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Oh State (that fits), I addressed the many invalid points Harry has brought up time and time again... Quite effectively, many years ago... long before you chose this forum as your race-baiting launching pad.

Doing so again would be a practice in redundancy. You can't change the crazy, even with facts. Just the same as you can't change the institutionalized racist, or the religious zealot. Imagine when you are dealing with the perfect storm of all three -- racist, zealot and insane?

So, there's no need to refute any "point" he brings up again, nor your desperate spin to defend his "point."

When you're done parroting the "red herring" claim of the media's "left-leaning" ideology, explain to the forum how/why the NYT (under Raines) was promoting known fraudulent WMD claims on a daily basis throughout the end of 2002 all the way up to invasion?

Liar.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

I'm dreaming of a white christmas
    Just like the ones I used to know
    Where the treetops glisten
    And children listen
    To hear sleigh-bells in the snow

MERRY CHRISTMAS........................:singing:
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 11 / -27

That would be in violation of Posse Comitatus, if you want to see the spokesmen of the right get their depends in a bunch... just try it, Beck, Limbaugh and the rest of the spokesman would create such a shytstorm it would beyond your comprehension..