PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wither Josh Reed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSal45

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Josh Reed from Buffalo is a free agent. With all our free agent receivers, would you want BB and the Pats to be interested in him?

I would. Here is why. Although Reed has been mildly disappointing, he is still only 25 years old. He is a good third down type who did have a decent year this year with bad quarterbacks and surrounding offense.

He'd get much better coaching in New England, as well as a better QB throwing to him. He is young. I loved him in college. Tough kid who played all out. Not afraid to go over the middle on third down. Could replace Troy Brown as a possession guy.

I think at 25 years old and coming off a rebound year from his bad 2004, he could be a steal for low money as a free agent. I know he is a good solid character guy and plays and practices hard like BB demands. BB would have good info on him as he played for Saban at LSU and I think the Pats were interested in 2002 when he came out.

I would like to see them pursue him for low, reasonable money.

J D Sal

I recall we were looking at him in 2002 but selected Deion Branch... Rumors has it we want Givens ,but at our price... Which means, Givens is gone to Philly for close to TO money...they need the WR help, or he could land with the Jets....

JDSal45 said:
Josh Reed from Buffalo is a free agent. With all our free agent receivers, would you want BB and the Pats to be interested in him?

I would. Here is why. Although Reed has been mildly disappointing, he is still only 25 years old. He is a good third down type who did have a decent year this year with bad quarterbacks and surrounding offense.

He'd get much better coaching in New England, as well as a better QB throwing to him. He is young. I loved him in college. Tough kid who played all out. Not afraid to go over the middle on third down. Could replace Troy Brown as a possession guy.

I think at 25 years old and coming off a rebound year from his bad 2004, he could be a steal for low money as a free agent. I know he is a good solid character guy and plays and practices hard like BB demands. BB would have good info on him as he played for Saban at LSU and I think the Pats were interested in 2002 when he came out.

I would like to see them pursue him for low, reasonable money.

J D Sal

Do you think Saban might take a chance on him also.

broadwayjoe said:
Do you think Saban might take a chance on him also.

I was thinking same thing. If he's worth a lick Saban will sign him and pair him up with the resurgent Chambers.

If Troy retires (though can't imagine he'd want to go out on that muffed punt...) Josh might be a decent slot guy 3rd down replacement.

tombonneau said:
I was thinking same thing. If he's worth a lick Saban will sign him and pair him up with the resurgent Chambers.

If Troy retires (though can't imagine he'd want to go out on that muffed punt...) Josh might be a decent slot guy 3rd down replacement.
With Mularkey signed on Miami has the best information on Reed. Bottom line, what does Josh want?

I would like to see Reed because I loved him at LSU, the guy was a player. He was an amazing route runner. Not really sure what happened to him at Buffalo, but I would take a chance on him. He can't be expecting too much money though. Miami would seem to have the inside track on him, and if I were him that is where I would want to go. He put up fantastic numbers in Saban's system and they don't spread the ball around as much as we do. It would be him, Chambers, and McMichael. Thats it. Go with what you know.

Box_O_Rocks said:
With Mularkey signed on Miami has the best information on Reed. Bottom line, what does Josh want?

Hadn't even thought of the Mularky connection. Yeah, I'd say if Reed is worth a damn, given all their inside info on the kid, the Fins would make a real push for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes