PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With their first pick in the 2016 Draft, the New England Patriots select...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can almost guarantee that it will be a player who does not have a second or even third round grade in any online ranking list and who does not play a position of perceived need. The kind of guy who will make folks on here say "I can't believe we waited almost two full rounds for that".

My guess: Anthony Zettel, DT/DE, Penn State.

best Rutgers player available

• Ha Ha
Reactions: JJC
I'm really confused why somebody would make a thread today to bash a player that hasn't been on the field in 3.5 months but is unanimously expected back next season.

Someone from Rutgers

*Joey007 beat me to it

Ibrahim Moizoos or Benedict Cumberbatch if either are available.

Solder is not good at pass blocking and expensive....even if he is back, they need help on the line; that was painfully (ouch) obvious today.
Solder has tons of guaranteed money, zero chance he's not back. Solder at LT and Vollmer at RT is part of the solution not the problem.

I'm really confused why somebody would make a thread today to bash a player that hasn't been on the field in 3.5 months but is unanimously expected back next season.

Drafting a tackle to groom behind Solder/Vollmer for a year has nothing to do with injuries or the horrific performances of the OL.

It is simply the right time to do it.. Vollmer is getting there in age and Solder signed a kinda short term extension and might not be back 2017+.

This will be DeGugliemo's (sp?) first big test.

Because it's Felger.

John De Palma, West Virginia

If the Pats draft a quality LT, it would either be a lucky later round pick, or with the 1st pick next year. I could see them trading their second rounder to a team for a good LT or RT. That said, they need guards more than they need tackles.

I'm sure we can find one with pick 29. Oh, wait...... Thanks Bob.
Like you I wish Kraft hadn't capitulated, but even otherwise it wouldn't have mattered. It's not like defying the penalty would've ensured getting that pick back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes