PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With the signing of Bodden...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it make sense for BB to trade out of the first round? I could see him parlaying the 1st rounder into a 1st + more next year. I think it's time to conserve some cap space and this would go a long way to protecting the Patriots salary cap. I could see us taking a linebacker in the second round + some receivers or young defensive lineman, but right now we don't really need anything. The Patriots are all set for the next year imo.

I don't see it, Phlash. Too many holes on D for a team built to win NOW. If BB does anything with #23, he'll trade UP to nab a defensive player he covets.

In fact, don't be surprised if the Pats leave the first day with only two players that they specifically targeted & traded all their Day 1 picks to get.

I don't see it, Phlash. Too many holes on D for a team built to win NOW. If BB does anything with #23, he'll trade UP to nab a defensive player he covets.

In fact, don't be surprised if the Pats leave the first day with only two players that they specifically targeted & traded all their Day 1 picks to get.

What holes?

As near as I can tell, the only hole is at OLB, and that's partially because we don't know what sort of talent we have there currently.

Wouldn't it make sense for BB to trade out of the first round? I could see him parlaying the 1st rounder into a 1st + more next year. I think it's time to conserve some cap space and this would go a long way to protecting the Patriots salary cap. I could see us taking a linebacker in the second round + some receivers or young defensive lineman, but right now we don't really need anything. The Patriots are all set for the next year imo.

People say this every year. However to the contrary, the Pats have selected at least 1 player in the 1st round ever year except for the matt light draft. I could see the Pats trading dwon from 23, but not out of the 1st round entirely.

I totally agree with you.. There is someone ther that they covet. But whom?

How about draft a stud OL man in 2nd or 3rd round? The OL was blown up by giants in SB, got Brady on IL in first game of 08, and Cassell was sacked 47 times. Questions is would there be any studs left by 2nd round?

Last edited:
Lonie Paxton is getting paid more then Bodden........

Why bid Bodden take LESS then a million! Im stunned but happy.:D

Lonie Paxton is getting paid more then Bodden........

Why bid Bodden take LESS then a million! Im stunned but happy.

read the thread about him on the radio, says he wants to prove himself and sign a long term deal, lets hope he plays like he has in the past.

Who will we take in the first round?

ask Michael Holly :D

People say this every year. However to the contrary, the Pats have selected at least 1 player in the 1st round ever year except for the matt light draft. I could see the Pats trading dwon from 23, but not out of the 1st round entirely.

You're selling your own point short -- Light was drafted the same year as Seymour. :)

You're selling your own point short -- Light was drafted the same year as Seymour. :)

Hmm my bad. Must have been the JR Redmond draft then. I know there's only one year the Pats didn't spend a 1st round pick to under BB. Yeah it was in 2000. Off by a year.

Last edited:
How about draft a stud OL man in 2nd or 3rd round? The OL was blown up by giants in SB, got Brady on IL in first game of 08, and Cassell was sacked 47 times. Questions is would there be any studs left by 2nd round?

IL... is that a cross between the IR and the DL? :)

Seriously, though, after the SB loss and all the way through training camp last year I remember people talking about the OL needing help. There were injuries, Nick Kaczur was in trouble on account of some pharmaceuticals, and maybe there were questions of the age, health, effectiveness, etc. of our current players... and depth was an issue. This year, however, I haven't really heard many people mention OL among their list of needs/wants. What has changed? It seems to me that it still should be a concern even if not for an immediate need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back