PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With the recent additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
How does that change your draft boards? Personally, I think it all but eliminates the potential of anything more than 1 DB being added. And the only way I see a DB (CB or S) being added is if BB feels the guy is already better than Sanders or Guss Scott.

DaBruinz said:
How does that change your draft boards? Personally, I think it all but eliminates the potential of anything more than 1 DB being added. And the only way I see a DB (CB or S) being added is if BB feels the guy is already better than Sanders or Guss Scott.
Yeah, I agree. I'd still like to see a GOOD CB drafted high, though. But BB's usual flings with 3-4-5 round DBs seem pointless now. Have youth with Guss Scott and James Sanders at safety/ST, experience with Mitchell/Jones.

Still, if a player of impact falls to them, you can bet BB/SP will act regardless of roster make-up.

DaBruinz said:
I dunno, BB is targeting vets for Special Teams and depth (including the in-season recall [shadow] roster). BB is now in a position to consider BPA for CB in any round, and LB to SS conversions on the second day.

Draft priorities for today:
LB, any round.
OT, 1st or 2nd targeted, BPA after that.
WR, 2nd round on.
TE, 1st or 2nd targeted, BPA after that.
OG/OC, second day, though Charles Spencer or Davin Joseph dropping into the late second/early third would be a temptation.
DL, any round.
PR/KR, middle rounds if they are decent at their position, late second day otherwise.
RB, 3rd round on.

Hmmm, good thoughts, all. But with the additions, I have a gut suspicion that this draft is going to be one of those value grouping, 2003 draft clones. rookBoston should have a good grasp of the lack of grasp we truly have on this draft. Trading down to trade up for the last in a group, etc. I cant help but think this draft is going to be a very busy weekend with the so called "draft experts" pulling their hair out of their heads over the Pats moves and picks. The only exception may be a targeted first round linebacker. Maybe.

I will be disappointed if we don't get Marshall from Fresno State early to mid second round. This guy has Patriots all over him. The only DB I really covet unless Michael Huff should fall to 21 which is unlikely. LB with 21 for sure! Bobby Carpenter or Greenway would be great. I like Ernie Sims but some off-field issues may keep the Pats away. Any of those 3 at 21 would be sweeeeeeeet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back