Welcome to PatsFans.com

With the recent additions

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by DaBruinz, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +276 / 18 / -43

#50 Jersey

How does that change your draft boards? Personally, I think it all but eliminates the potential of anything more than 1 DB being added. And the only way I see a DB (CB or S) being added is if BB feels the guy is already better than Sanders or Guss Scott.
  2. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I agree. I'd still like to see a GOOD CB drafted high, though. But BB's usual flings with 3-4-5 round DBs seem pointless now. Have youth with Guss Scott and James Sanders at safety/ST, experience with Mitchell/Jones.

Still, if a player of impact falls to them, you can bet BB/SP will act regardless of roster make-up.
  3. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I dunno, BB is targeting vets for Special Teams and depth (including the in-season recall [shadow] roster). BB is now in a position to consider BPA for CB in any round, and LB to SS conversions on the second day.

Draft priorities for today:
    LB, any round.
    OT, 1st or 2nd targeted, BPA after that.
    WR, 2nd round on.
    TE, 1st or 2nd targeted, BPA after that.
    OG/OC, second day, though Charles Spencer or Davin Joseph dropping into the late second/early third would be a temptation.
    DL, any round.
    PR/KR, middle rounds if they are decent at their position, late second day otherwise.
    RB, 3rd round on.
  4. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hmmm, good thoughts, all. But with the additions, I have a gut suspicion that this draft is going to be one of those value grouping, 2003 draft clones. rookBoston should have a good grasp of the lack of grasp we truly have on this draft. Trading down to trade up for the last in a group, etc. I cant help but think this draft is going to be a very busy weekend with the so called "draft experts" pulling their hair out of their heads over the Pats moves and picks. The only exception may be a targeted first round linebacker. Maybe.
  5. Feep_FLA

Feep_FLA Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will be disappointed if we don't get Marshall from Fresno State early to mid second round. This guy has Patriots all over him. The only DB I really covet unless Michael Huff should fall to 21 which is unlikely. LB with 21 for sure! Bobby Carpenter or Greenway would be great. I like Ernie Sims but some off-field issues may keep the Pats away. Any of those 3 at 21 would be sweeeeeeeet!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.