PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With the game on the line, who do you want in the slot Welker, or Brown?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

With the game on the line, who do you want in the slot, Welker, or Brown

• Welker

Votes: 58 72.5%
  • Brown

Votes: 22 27.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brady199

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Hopefully it's Brown, I know there is a love affair with Welker, but I've seen him run the wrong route, and drop a pass on 3rd down, that made us punt the ball away, then throw in the lateral, and I say we need TROY BROWN!!!

I vote Welker ONLY because hes younger and quicker like Troy USE to be.

Last edited:
brown.he can also play DB in case of a pick ;)

Welker, with Brown as his backup.

Welker and it's not even close.
Wes Welker is the new Troy Brown

Wes. Hes young and quick (for a big guy like him), very athletic, and has good moves to break/avoid tackles. Troy is a good backup/situational player.

"Age smage!!" With the $$ on the table, i'll take #80 please. :rocker:

Hopefully it's Brown, I know there is a love affair with Welker, but I've seen him run the wrong route, and drop a pass on 3rd down, that made us punt the ball away, then throw in the lateral, and I say we need TROY BROWN!!!

really...the wrong route...you have a copy of the playbook do you?

love Troy, but they don't allow walkers on the field...Welker gets the call...

A bigger fan of #80 you will not find, but I say Welker. Troy's time has come and gone.

I say you are a yahoo. Brown was great, Welker is far better at this stage athletically ( see the juke he put on the chargers player). It is not even a question. Welker is the guy, Brown is his backup.

You have no idea what route Welker ran. You dont have a playbook.

Last edited:
I too have to say Welker. He has proven that he has the hands and I guarantee that he is a lot quicker than Brown (at this point in his career) coming out of the slot.

Why wouldn't you want a guy who the Pats defenders and BB have said is extremely difficult to cover coming out of the slot? (that could be taken the wrong way)

Love TB but his time has come and gone. Let your eyes be the judge, not your heart.

Aside from the obvious chance to cast a write in vote for Chad Jackson... groan... I would have to go with Welker, Brown has better hands but can't get open as easily.

At this point in their careers, I would have to go with Welker. In their primes, I would probably go with Troy Brown.

I say Welker.

Did you see the extra effort he made to try to get that 1st down on Sunday where he should have been tackled right away, slipped that tackle, took a helmet to helmet and got 1st down yardage only to have the ref spot the ball short of his progress?

I say you are a yahoo. Brown was great, Welker is far better at this stage athletically ( see the juke he put on the chargers player). It is not even a question. Welker is the guy, Brown is his backup.

You have no idea what route Welker ran. You dont have a playbook.

You can't Juke anyone if you don't catch the ball first. and if you had to guess who was wrong, Brady who has been in this offense forever and is a master at reading Defenses or your boy Welker?

So put Welker in thru quarters 1-3, but if the game is on the line, Troy will deliver, just like he always has. We haven't seen that from Welker.

Its like having an explosive punt returner, but the risk of having him make mistakes is high as well, high risk high reward.

and what makes everyone think Troy has lost it?
I Love Randy, but I think it's clear he has lost a step, no doubt about it. What you loose in ability can be made up by smarts, which Troy has.:)

Wow, I am amazed at the result of this poll. I need to see a little more from Welker (and to see Brown no longer able to deliver) before I change my vote. I imagine Brown will have no issue getting open with Moss and Stallworth on the field and I know he will catch the ball.

(Disclaimer: Troy Brown is my favorite Patriot of all time.)
We need to see how he's recovered from his injury. During the majority of the game, you need Welker picking up first downs, but Troy need to be there, too. How many big plays does he have to make before he gets his just respect? Brown has to be on the field in crunch time.

The question wasn't who is more explosive at this point in their careers, so I don't know why people are stating the obvious, the question is with the game on the line who do you want the Brady throwing the ball to. Welker or Brown.

I'm not a Yahoo by the way, I wouldn't suggest we should Have Willie Mac, instead of A.D., Times change and so do players, one day we will need to come to terms that some one else should be playing QB here not #12.

So my Question, is What has Troy done to make you think you wouldn't be safer with him in the game then Welker?

ridiculous

Troy Brown right now versus Wes Welker right now

I can almost guarantee you that Belichick would go with Welker

this is a bizarre argument to even try to have

The answer is no doubt Welker. Brady has proven that he trusts him and Welker has showed the last few years that he is one of the best slot receivers in the game. If and when Brown does return I do not see him being a big part of the offense unless there is an injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes