PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

...with our Raiders 1st Rounder we pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we finally go OLB/DE then keep an eye on Robert Quinn and Greg Romeus.

Two unknowns that no-one knows anything about, obviously.

Romeus is the perfect fit for a BB defense. And don't sleep on Quinn's mate Coples.

Last edited:
Two unknowns that no-one knows anything about, obviously.

Romeus is the perfect fit for a BB defense. And don't sleep on Quinn's mate Coples.

They are not unknown.

Is Ingram really a top ten pick? He plays on a high profile team loaded with talent that makes me wonder if his value is skewed.

Absolutely. He's the real deal.

Absolutely. He's the real deal.

You can't really say anyone is the real deal at this point because there have been so many high drafted players that had such high expectations and just flat out sucked. I think he is the best RB in the 2011 class and I would be pumped if we got him.

Last edited:
:rofl:

He was joking, Sherlock. :rolleyes:

Quinn and Dareus have been two of the hottest topics of discussion, regarding the 2011 draft, since April.

Hell, since January. :eek:

You're a little late to the party on those two, pal!! ;)

Quinn's been a topic of discussion on here since April '09 in all honesty.

There's some really good looking athletes out there this year - Crawford at PSU (and he's a Brit! :rocker:), McPhee at Miss. State, Winterswyck at Boise, the Smith kid at Mizzou.....

Quinn's been a topic of discussion on here since April '09 in all honesty.

There's some really good looking athletes out there this year - Crawford at PSU (and he's a Brit! :rocker:), McPhee at Miss. State, Winterswyck at Boise, the Smith kid at Mizzou.....

Heh! That doesn't surprise me. A lot of you cats are RAZOR sharp. :eek:

Marcel Dareus DT/DE
Cameron Jordan DT/DE - underrated prospect
Stephen Peae DT - some say he's limited to 43?

Ryan Kerrigan DE/OLB
Jeremy Beal DE/OLB

Although those last 2 would probably still be around by our own 1st rd pick, so we wouldnt have to use the Raiders pick on them.

Also wouldnt be surprised if we took a RB since Faulks career is probably over and Maroney was a bust.

Last edited:
Is Ingram really a top ten pick? He plays on a high profile team loaded with talent that makes me wonder if his value is skewed.

Skewed? I doubt that. He is one of the best RB's I've seen in the last 10 years in college. His vision and ability to run with his blockers is unmatched.

I've watched Ingram play quite a bit and he's the real deal. Period.
Outstanding player and we'd be lucky to have him. Reminds me of Emmit Smith.
He'd add at least 2 years to Bradys career.

IMO the only true can't miss prospect in the draft....Patrick Peterson. Weve seen what Revis can do for a defense when healthy, if we had a "revis" we'd be able to do a lot more defensively not to mention the special teams value. WR or DE with the other pick.

Last edited:
You can't really say anyone is the real deal at this point because there have been so many high drafted players that had such high expectations and just flat out sucked. I think he is the best RB in the 2011 class and I would be pumped if we got him.

Ryan williams is a better value with our second pick if he's around which he won't be.:(

We've got to go OLB/DE this draft and get 1 or 2 studs. We can get a decent RB in the second and third or pick one up in FA but we cant go another year without a decent pass rush

Perfect draft.

1a) Robert Quinn. That pick would have to be a top 5, and we might not still get him, he's the Ndamukong(or whatever) Suh of this draft, a stud. Best pass rusher coming out in some time.

1b) Jared Crick. If he gets to our pick, I'd love to get him, he's great. Other pick I would be like Allen Bailey, or, in a enormous pipe dream, Cameron Heyward.

2a) Go with O-Line, anything, Guards, Tackles, anything.

2b) Demarco Murray. Don't now if he'll be here, but I really like him. HE isn't Ingram, but he's great.

Oh, and I know we won't have a top 10 pick, cause Bill will likely trade it for probably a teens first, a second and a fourth. Just my guess.

At this point I'd have to go:

1a) Patrick Peterson
1b) Jared Crick

I'd then like to trade one of our 2nds and move forward to grab Ingram in the late 1st/early 2nd.

Yeah I can. I'm 100% convinced he is the real deal. He can run for my team any day of the week... and twice on Sundays.

Not so sure that BB sticks with his usual trade down for quantity and value in 2011, at least not entirely. Lots of youth on this team already - possibly a very a decent young base in a lot of units. Not necessarily a lot of room for new guys. So, not sure quantity helps as much now as a couple of high-end impact players.

I've been saying forever that there's no way we go for Ingram with a 1st rounder, but now I'm not as certain of that. Seems clear that we need to start looking for more future O-line starters now (not just reserves) - somewhat earlier than the 6th/7th round (heh), though probably not a 1st rounder.

The other thing is, I don't think we'll really have any idea about all positions of need until after we've seen the season play out. A lot of situations on the defensive side that are murky right now in which one of the young guys could emerge big-time and render the need at that position moot.

OTOH, 34 DE seems thin almost no matter what. It's not guaranteed that Ty Warren comes back okay from injury. Gerard Warren is old, regardless. Brace is maybe coming on okay, Deaderick isn't getting any time, though. Neither seems like the next Seymour right now, but you never know.

At OLB, Ninkovich is stretched trying to be more than an occasional relief man. TBC is capable but has no further upside and is no spring chicken. Cunningham and/or Crable might end up playing well, and one or the other might emerge as a future All-Pro, in which case, mid-round depth might be all we'd need. But both still might end up better as depth guys behind a stud we draft in 2011 (Kerrigan?).

Bodden, assuming he returns from IR at his previous playing level, is still in his prime, but McCourty seems his only potential peer at this point. Butler, like Wilhite, is looking more like merely an adequate nickel/dime guy. Wheatley seems likely never to be healthy enough. We maybe yet need that third good corner and it wouldn't be a bad thing to draft Peterson early and push McCourty down to #3.

Safety is really obscure to me. Doesn't seem like any of them are capable of covering well anymore. I'm thinking that "ya gotta have three good corners" principle sort of applies to coverage safeties, too, like we should have at least one, if not two decent ones. Maybe Page turns out to be good (we may get a read against Marshall on Monday night) and Meriweather works through whatever has his panties in a bunch and maybe this Barret kid we filched from McDaniels is the next Polumalu and we're all set. Or, they all turn out to be crap and then we're looking hard at coverage safety with Carolina's pick in the 2nd.

Marcel Dareus DT/DE
Cameron Jordan DT/DE - underrated prospect
Stephen Peae DT - some say he's limited to 43?

Ryan Kerrigan DE/OLB
Jeremy Beal DE/OLB

Although those last 2 would probably still be around by our own 1st rd pick, so we wouldnt have to use the Raiders pick on them.

Also wouldnt be surprised if we took a RB since Faulks career is probably over and Maroney was a bust.

Mr. Nathan, I think you and I will get along very well. Dareus and Beal are two guys that I really believe can help this D. If you add Mark Ingram to your draft list, I think we will have nothing to argue about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes