PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With Mel Mitchell's injury, does Maroney as for #24 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was just wondering, with Mel Mitchell's season ending injury, would Maroney ask for #24 ? It's a number that's closer to his college #, though he does look tight in #39 (that's for you tight fans).

how many times have we gone over it

Maroney .. in an interview..said these were his #s

First choice : 22, he knew Samuel had it..moves on
Second choice: 27, Hobbs got it..so he moves on
Third choice: 39, he took it

Um, forgive an aging stick in the mud, but would poaching an injured compadre's jersey be "tight?"

tell it to Cadillac Williams

scott99 said:
I was just wondering, with Mel Mitchell's season ending injury, would Maroney ask for #24 ? It's a number that's closer to his college #, though he does look tight in #39 (that's for you tight fans).

Nope, they're already selling Maroney #39 jerseys at the pro shop.

that doesnt make a differnece if they are already sellling..doesnt prohibit a player from acquiring a new

scott99 said:
Not if he has any class, which I would venture to guess he does. Mitchell is still on the roster and is signed through 2007.

Im sure he picked 39 because he liked that number best of all the options, I'm sure there was a "closer" number to 22 than 39. this is a really dumb thread.

Remix 6 said:
that doesnt make a differnece if they are already sellling..doesnt prohibit a player from acquiring a new

I'd think it would. They're selling Maroney jerseys with No. 39, that pretty much etches it in stone as his career number here.

nope. Troy Williamson changed his # recently.. im sure a lot of others have just cant remember the names

Exchange #39 for #24? That's crazy.
Where are the tightness police when you need them?

On the tightness meter for a RB 39 > 24 (in this lily whiteboys opinion).

After seeing Maroney in his 39 jersey a few times I'm starting to really like it. If he changed it now I'd probably be pissed.

If he did this I'd love it. He's already on my bad side so far for picking a number as awful as 39.

peppered johnson said:
Im sure he picked 39 because he liked that number best of all the options, I'm sure there was a "closer" number to 22 than 39. this is a really dumb thread.
Now, now peppah, some of us live for the opportunity to explore the meaning of life as configured in player number choices - this is an chance for you to experience football intellectualism in its purest form. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back