PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With all this Brady talk has everyone forgotten about the damage to Belichick legacy too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
One of the main defenses that people have for Kraft doing what he did is that Brady will have the opportunity to exonerate himself through his appeal and likely lawsuit with the aid of the NFLPA. I don't agree that it would undo all the damage that Kraft caused but at least that is a ray of hope.

But what about Belichick? Kraft threw him under the bus just as much as Brady, and he has no legal recourse to seek any type of exoneration or restitution. He's now forever known as the man who coached the team that got severely penalized for cheating twice. And anyone who knows anything about Belichick is that he is incredibly in-tune with his legacy. He is a football historian who loves the game and wants to belong in the pantheon of legends. Now that can never be. Kraft decided to not defend the organization from these slanderous accusations, and Belichick, for all intents and purposes, is the organization. And what can he do now?

I'm pretty sure you're taking it harder than bill is

I'm pretty sure you're taking it harder than bill is

Yes, because as Bill made clear in his My Cousin Vinny speech he didn't really care about being punished for Spygate and the damage it did to his legacy. :rolleyes: There was venom in his comments about camera placement in that speech. The guy has been pissed for 7 years that he got unfairly punished for some technicality and that Kraft didn't go to bat for him. Now he must be beside himself.

Doubt Bill gives a damn.

Yes, because as Bill made clear in his My Cousin Vinny speech he didn't really care about being punished for Spygate and the damage it did to his legacy. :rolleyes:
Yeah it probably pisses him off but I think it's a pretty safe bet he's thinking about upcoming mini camp/otas/training camp more than this

Take away the best QB to ever play...for 4 games and take away a #1 draft pick. He gives a damn more then the casual fan can comprehend.

Take away the best QB to ever play...for 4 games and take away a #1 draft pick. He gives a damn more then the casual fan can comprehend.
He may be pissed but he's an incredible successful person. And people who are that successful don't dwell and cry about things they can't change. They work their tail's off and prepare to put themselves in a position to succeed. And that is what makes him great

He may be pissed but he's an incredible successful person. And people who are that successful don't dwell and cry about things they can't change. They work their tail's off and prepare to put themselves in a position to succeed. And that is what makes him great

Agreed...he is no quitter like the coward Kraft. He will stand up and fight this and have another great year.

No offense VictorPrime but you are pretty far out in left field on this.
First, BB's name has been mentioned rarely except for the likes of Borges and Felger. That is their schtick to allow them to pay the bills, however, few take them, rightfully, serious. Otherwise this has been a Brady and Kraft story.

Second, BB doesn't care. While some may claim not to care when deep down they do, BB is as close to genuine on this matter as there is. Consider that BB says the same damn terse things over and over and over ad nauseum to the media/public. How many who have been in the public sector for this many years have you seen so perfect in their routine? It is staggering his track record on it, he is almost inhuman in that regard. Now consider if you cared about what they thought, how in the world could you say nothing to them so often for so many years? If you cared wouldn't it eat at you and eat at you until you would have to finally open up, explain, lash out? Nope, he never does and it has to be because he does not give an F what they think. I'd bet the mortgage payment he looks down on the whole stinkin lot of them so much and so badly that he couldn't find a way to care for what they thought to save his life.

Anyone who doesn't have an anti-Pats bias laughs at the notion that both of these incidents damage Belichick or Brady's legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back