PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With all the excruciating playoff losses since 2005....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
What would it take to get over those losses including the 2006 AFCCG against the Colts, the 2007 SuperBowl disaster and last Sundays game?

Would it be another SuperBowl? Would it be winning two more SuperBowls with Brady and BB or would it be a 19-0 season or can we EVER get over it?

What would it take to get over those losses including the 2006 AFCCG against the Colts, the 2007 SuperBowl disaster and last Sundays game?

Would it be another SuperBowl? Would it be winning two more SuperBowls with Brady and BB or would it be a 19-0 season or can we EVER get over it?

By your silly standards, the cardinals superbowl loss was a excruciating defeat.

People really do forget when the patriots were the laughing stock of the afc.

Last edited:
I just want another one man. Memories of 2001 and 2003 (2004 was more of the "aw yeah, we're unstoppable" year) will always satisfy me as an optimist, but just one more to close it out. I want the Brady and Belechick to taste victory one more time.

I doubt I will ever have a playoff loss that I will get over with. They each burn inside me like they were yesterday. But for me, living thru the hard times before BB and TB. This is all worth it. I am very proud of what this franchise has become.

Somehow this board feels that as fans they are entitled to winning SBs every year, or at least the ones they don't give up on the team in.
If the Patriots win the SB next season that will be one out of 7 since they last one.
One out of 7 is a better ratio that any team in the NFL has over its history. One in 7 would tie either 3 or 4 teams (Indy, NYG, NO, and the Jets/Pack/Bears if they win this year) behind only Pitt with 2 or 3.

Winning 1 in 7 years and having 6 division titles, 2 SB trips, somewhere around 85 regular season wins in those 7 years, and being contenders every season, would be a successful 7 years.
Winning a SB makes up for the years you didn't, except to some fans who feel the team owes them one every year.

After Sunday's humbling experience, I'd be plenty happy with 1 more. Just get us one more and it will at least temporarily stop all the people saying Brady/BB don't have it anymore, haven't won since spygate, etc... and allow me to actually watch SB42 again because part of me has really wanted to watch that game for a long time. And that would tie Brady with Montana/Bradshaw in rings.

Just one more super bowl. I'll make sure to savior it this time.

Last edited:
I just want another one man. Memories of 2001 and 2003 (2004 was more of the "aw yeah, we're unstoppable" year) will always satisfy me as an optimist, but just one more to close it out. I want the Brady and Belechick to taste victory one more time.

Co-sign. I've felt for awhile that the overall body of work is so impressive, and so satisfying as a fan....I'd love to see them get 5 Super Bowls, since no qb or coach has ever done that. But one more would do it for me for these guys, I think.

After Sunday's humbling experience, I'd be plenty happy with 1 more. Just get us one more and it will at least temporarily stop all the people saying Brady/BB don't have it anymore, haven't won since spygate, etc... and allow me to actually watch SB42 again because part of me has really wanted to watch that game for a long time. And that would tie Brady with Montana/Bradshaw in rings.
You know what. I've reached the point where I don't even care what 'everyone is saying'. It changes week to week. BB was the greatest coach ever and Brady the greatest QB ever a week ago, and Rex Ryan was a parody of himself.
Then division rivals play a game and the Jets come out ahead by a TD for a variety of reasons, and Rex Ryan is psychological genius, Spygate matters again, and you could see in Brady's eyes he wasnt into it.
People are going to create an opinion to fit what happened 10 minutes ago, then change it 10 minutes later.

Whether the Pats win, lose, go all the way, or get knocked means absolutely no more or less because of what 'everyone says' about it.
I used to think that it would be horrible to lose to the low class, loud mouth Jets, and I realized, they are still low class loud mouths. Winning didnt change that, and the fact that they are has no real effect on whether they win or lose, just as the class of the Pats has no effect on winning or losing (class and focus are very different).
Let them talk. Those who don't do a 180 on their opinions understand what they are, and those who do will catch on before long.

You know what. I've reached the point where I don't even care what 'everyone is saying'. It changes week to week. BB was the greatest coach ever and Brady the greatest QB ever a week ago, and Rex Ryan was a parody of himself.
Then division rivals play a game and the Jets come out ahead by a TD for a variety of reasons, and Rex Ryan is psychological genius, Spygate matters again, and you could see in Brady's eyes he wasnt into it.
People are going to create an opinion to fit what happened 10 minutes ago, then change it 10 minutes later.

Whether the Pats win, lose, go all the way, or get knocked means absolutely no more or less because of what 'everyone says' about it.
I used to think that it would be horrible to lose to the low class, loud mouth Jets, and I realized, they are still low class loud mouths. Winning didnt change that, and the fact that they are has no real effect on whether they win or lose, just as the class of the Pats has no effect on winning or losing (class and focus are very different).
Let them talk. Those who don't do a 180 on their opinions understand what they are, and those who do will catch on before long.

Intellectually I agree w/all that. Emotionally, I want another.

Intellectually I agree w/all that. Emotionally, I want another.
I assume by I want another you mean win another SB?
I agree 100% but its got nothing to do IMO with what anyone has to say about the team. I want it because it is the ultimate for a fan. The fact that not getting one will create untoward criticism or getting one will create exaggerated praise means nothing to me.
Understand that until very recently, 'the place in history' and the consensus opinion of the greatness of the franchise WAS important to me.
This season brought it to light to me that the opinion of the day is just not a rational, well thought out one.
History will judge the BB-Brady Pats well after they are both retired.

1 more super bowl win, Brady had a Cinderella start it'd be nice to have a cinderella ending.

I would be plenty satisfied with another SB win. I would, however, be in absolute heaven, if that SB win came right after beating the Jets 70-0 in the AFCCG :D

I agree with this 100%.

A Superbowl win. That is all it will take.

I assume by I want another you mean win another SB?
I agree 100% but its got nothing to do IMO with what anyone has to say about the team. I want it because it is the ultimate for a fan. The fact that not getting one will create untoward criticism or getting one will create exaggerated praise means nothing to me.
Understand that until very recently, 'the place in history' and the consensus opinion of the greatness of the franchise WAS important to me.
This season brought it to light to me that the opinion of the day is just not a rational, well thought out one.
History will judge the BB-Brady Pats well after they are both retired.

I'd love to get to that place as a fan, to be honest. I'm not there yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes